• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Besides the speculation of the new hire announcement, is there anything else people are expecting to see during the BLLSL?

Dave Lang, as per his Twitter. Drake maybe? Brad Muir? The start of a food related feature with Dan and Jeff trying stuff they've never had before. Other guests. Vinny and Alex. The new hire will be Henry. Danny and Mary will be there for a time. New t-shirt design.

etc.

I think we need to see the air guns that Drew received in a mailbag put to use in this year's BLLSL as a follow-up to Drew's archery adventures.

Dave Lang, as per his Twitter. Drake maybe? Brad Muir? The start of a food related feature with Dan and Jeff trying stuff they've never had before. Other guests. Vinny and Alex. The new hire will be Henry. Danny and Mary will be there for a time. New t-shirt design.

etc.

This needs to exist. I will now be dissapointed if it doesn't.

Forget Extra Life, with Jason on board and living closer than ever to Evo I imagine that we're finally going to have our first real GB coverage of Evo this year. Wonder who he'll get to go along. I know jeff has mentioned going several times in the past so hopefully something comes of it.

Is everyone tired of the Souls content or would a Dan/Drew experiencing Dark Souls 1 or Demon's souls together for the first time be interesting?

Seeing them jump into one of those during the BLLSL with Brad and Vinny there to comment and lead astray I think could be cool plus they need something new after MGS4.

Edit: Or forget souls and play off Dan and Drews interest in older games they missed out on and have them check out the precurser games to the Souls series.

Bacon

Is everyone tired of the Souls content or would a Dan/Drew experiencing Dark Souls 1 or Demon's souls together for the first time be interesting?

Seeing them jump into one of those during the BLLSL with Brad and Vinny there to comment and lead astray I think could be cool plus they need something new after MGS4.

I'd like to see Dan play it. I would understand if the amount of souls content already on the site would make them hesitant to keep going back to that well though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been tired of Souls content since after Patrick beat it.

You do it too much and it'll remind me of 'Youtube Reax' type stuff. Like I imagine a thumbnail of Jeff holding his hands up in the air and a description 'SEE WHAT BLOODBORNE DID TO MAKE THIS PROFESSIONAL GAMES MAN SNAP?!?!'

Brashnir

etc.

I'm hoping for an oddbit sighting.

Myggen

I would like a few videos of Jeff playing Bloodborne, but nothing past that. I loved both Vinny and Brad's Souls series, but that's plenty.

Also Stump, Dancehall is maybe my least favourite genre of music. Maybe.

Tucah

you speak so well

Edit: Or forget souls and play off Dan and Drews interest in older games they missed out on and have them check out the precurser games to the Souls series.

Dark Souls is perhaps my favorite game of last generation but no more Souls videos. Please. A couple Jeff Bloodborne videos, cool, but we have seen more than enough on Dark and Demon's.

King's Field videos would be interesting though, I've never actually seen anything from those games.

This GNR discussion on the Bombcast made me realize that Dan seems to refuse to acknowledge the decline in quality of a lot of stuff he liked when he was 12. Terminator, GNR, WWE, etc.

Incidentally, he is also the most pro-Nintendo member of the crew.

This GNR discussion on the Bombcast made me realize that Dan seems to refuse to acknowledge the decline in quality of a lot of stuff he liked when he was 12. Terminator, GNR, WWE, etc.

Incidentally, he is also the most pro-Nintendo member of the crew.

Yeah, he's being fooled by that nintendo. Not like Jeff, though, who has realized that everything he once loved as a child is actually horrible trash. You won't see him reminiscing about old garbage like the Commodore 64 or getting excited for new versions of mediocre novelty fighting game Mortal Kombat. He's a bastion of good taste and rationality, unlike Dan, who inexplicably still likes one of the best developers in the world. That poor, deluded bastard.

Yeah, he's being fooled by that nintendo. Not like Jeff, though, who has realized that everything he once loved as a child is actually horrible trash. You won't see him reminiscing about old garbage like the Commodore 64 or getting excited for new versions of mediocre novelty fighting game Mortal Kombat. He's a bastion of good taste and rationality, unlike Dan, who inexplicably still likes one of the best developers in the world. That poor, deluded bastard.

You're getting a little too defensive over my joke.

oh come on, their hardware isn't much to get excited about but they still kill it on the game front. definitely don't put them in the same boat as the Terminator franchise :p

See, this is more like it.

You're getting a little too defensive over my joke.

No, I'm pointing out that Jeff (and Brad, and Drew, and everyone in the world) does the exact same thing Dan does in regards to childhood stuff. Dan isn't some blithering child who keeps company with a squad of wizened sages; they've all got their bizarre quirks and tastes.

There's a key difference, though: the stuff Jeff gushes about was never good.

well, nintendo has been the number 1 platform for shitty sonic games for the last few years so it's perfectly ok to acknowledge that sonic lead to nintendo going mobile, that he ruined another console manufacturer

Jams775

I don't know if you guys talked about it yet but I was wondering if what Bread said on the Bombcast was true? He was mentioning how Microsoft was trying to lower the power consumption of the Xbox One and how the PS4 is already ahead of the curve in that department. Then he went on the say something along the lines of the Wii U being the worse offender in that department. I could have sworn I've seen a graph around here showing the Wii U's power consumption while on standby to be miniscule compared to the other systems. So what I'm wondering is if he meant that it was behind the pack in terms of features (users can select) to make the system lower powered as opposed to be as lower power as it can be?

LiK

so many indie devs do better Sonic-type games than SEGA. wish they would just hire them. Sonic Team and any other devs they hire just make garbage Sonic games. only Sumo Digital did a decent job with Sonic and it was a cart racer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom