• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Nicholson is the Chuck Cunningham of GB

His problem is that he tried to bring his schtick from Destructoid to Giant Bomb and an audience who didn't know him from Adam, so he tended to come off as really egotistical and douchy. He was also isolated in that he pretty much only posted news.

I'll admit that I didn't know him, so when he'd randomly go off about lifting weights and working out in news articles, the whole thing was super off-putting.

Years later reading about how it was all a gimmick that he honed at Destructoid made the whole thing make a lot more sense. He just really failed to grasp that he was reaching a mostly new audience.

But I think it taught Jeff a lesson that any major employee needs to be on camera and at least occasionally on Bombcasts, integrated with the crew or they're just going to flounder and die.

I don't remember reading much of Brad N's stuff. I don't really recall any alienation on his part other than everyone understandably preferred the 'proper' Bomb crew.

If the new hire were to just fill that role again, I wouldn't really be too enthused. Of course, I realise that won't be the case and whoever it is will be expected somewhat to be a personality. I'd only be interested in news or articles on Giant Bomb if they were either in-depth, irreverent or otherwise entertaining. I get most of the gaming news I need from the front page of GAF.

Myggen

I don't remember reading much of Brad N's stuff. I don't really recall any alienation on his part other than everyone understandably preferred the 'proper' Bomb crew.

If the new hire were to just fill that role again, I wouldn't really be too enthused. Of course, I realise that won't be the case and whoever it is will be expected somewhat to be a personality. I'd only be interested in news or articles on Giant Bomb if they were either in-depth, irreverent or otherwise entertaining. I get most of the gaming news I need from the front page of GAF.

Well, at least he/she is going to sit in on QLs, a podcast etc. according to the job description.

repeater

Given the views Jeff has expressed on news coverage recently (and before, too, I guess?), I don't think we have to worry too much about this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
RPS is snark overdrive. To the point that it hurts pretty much everything they put out.

Anyone who complains about Alex should be forced to read RPS.

Taco Bell is landing in Japan, accident in fast food landscape in?
 Pronoun of Mexican "taco". Is also popular that it is easy to eat, but specializes in popular tacos in this America Tokyo Shibuya the 21st, was opened. Future, specializes in pizza and hamburgers are also plans to expand into Japan. Both just America's favorite store, but I think can you rob a McDonald's customers who performance is degraded.

Thanks, Google translate.

Edit: Also,
Plenty of vegetables and meat in tortilla, and I will scissors, etc. source.
Dan wrote this didn't he?

Myggen

Really hoping that the new hire is the East Coast Trackmania 2 Stadium server.

I'll take Shootmania, too, but you know you're setting the bar low hiring that guy

Given the views Jeff has expressed on news coverage recently (and before, too, I guess?), I don't think we have to worry too much about this.
Basically I want Jeff himself to write more news! I'm sure he can knock a few of them out during his scores of meetings...

Gonna watch the Box Boy QL after GameSpot's Witcher thing. But I own Box Boy, maybe I should play it instead.

Nah, that's silly!

[EDIT - Dat drone photography.]

Meneses

Regarding Dan's political slogan, there was a brazilian comedian / candidate that literally had that slogan "It can't get any worse", and it actually rhymed with his stage name so it was even better.

The results were... interesting to say the least.

His wiki page is worth a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiririca

with all the games Dan has played in his life, if he has somehow never played a Sokoban clone I will be genuinely impressed

lol DMX goomba cameo

hahah I finally know the backstory behind this thing

I should have been paying more attention to the internet around the time of Too Human's launch, I guess. I'm suddenly understanding why my one friend was so unreasonably hyped for that game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
hahah I finally know the backstory behind this thing

I should have been paying more attention to the internet around the time of Too Human's launch, I guess. I'm suddenly understanding why my one friend was so unreasonably hyped for that game.

Too Human occupies a full 50% of NeoGAF's stickied archived threads. It would replace all of the spots taken by Nazis and Aliens if there were a History:NeoGAF channel. It's important to know these things.

FStop7

Banned
People are so weird, we had the same happen when we had the first Burger King in the country some time ago. And this was in a city with ~million people, not a megacity like Tokyo.

Love their confusion for not realizing the remaining counter is how many boxes you can still use before the crown disappears.

When Dunkin Donuts opened in LA there were 2 hour lines. My eyes nearly detached from rolling so far.

bish was a literal bouncer IRL too?

god, going through the archive is enlightening

GJYBL1e.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
HOW DID I MISS THAT TIME CUBE REDUX THREAD!?

Last year somebody denied African slave trade in a thread where he also tried to argue what the meaning of definition is. Less than a year ago, and I missed it all. The archive is a treasure.

I've been in the archive since then and haven't seen it, mostly because what is a sticky thread I thought we got rid of them.

Last year somebody denied African slave trade in a thread where he also tried to argue what the meaning of definition is. Less than a year ago, and I missed it all. The archive is a treasure.

I've been in the archive since then and haven't seen it, mostly because what is a sticky thread I thought we got rid of them.

haha I'm reading through it now.

the booster rockets fired right here

e: still going, around 15 pages it dawned on me that OP literally had NOBODY on his side the entire time

I don't think I've ever seen a thread where it was 1 vs. all

As a witness to that thread, the resulting meltdown was magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom