• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffs hardon for anything MK related knows no bounds.

this game seems like the level of bad that would make you just forget about it and move the fuck on with your life

but unfortunately it stars everyone's favourite gimmick bad cosplay vague martial artist so people think they need to remember

Uh...

Edit: How could ANYBODY beat this game without spending hours and hours restarting it and memorizing the platform layout? There's no indication of where platforms are at any point.

I looks good for a PS1 game, the FMVs look good in a korny Mortal Kombat way, and the platforming isn't as hard as it looks. I'm just saying I probably have the patience to beat it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I had somebody trying to argue with me at work today that MK Mythologies was a great game. I wish this stream started three hours ago.

To recap:

Jeff's bad games list
- Half Life
- Metroid Prime
- Resi 4
- Majora's Mask
- Yoshi's Island

Jeff's good game list
- Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero

No, that's Smash brothers.

The first game is a clumsy but ~*EDGY*~ alternative to the "safe" genre leader
The second game is where it "got really good"
They released half of the third game and people complained so they released a super version later (but the characters look weird now)

Nobody wants to talk about the early 3D era because it's a pile of garbage and spinoffs

The PS2/GC/XB era is filled with mostly mediocre games that fans will nostalgically claim are "guilty pleasures"

After some missteps, they started to "get it right" again in the 360/PS3 era by "going back to the roots" later on, though only true superfans pretend that it's now an amazing series again

The whole thing is a mismash of confusing and overly serious lore, a million palette swap characters, and an inherently 90s TUDE that makes you wonder if it was ever good to begin with

Mupod

just finished Metal Gear Scanlon 3, aside from the bonus episode. I saw you trying not to cry at the ending, Dan. And I
know that feel

They released half of the third game and people complained so they released a super version later (but the characters look weird now)

Nobody wants to talk about the early 3D era because it's a pile of garbage and spinoffs

The PS2/GC/XB era is filled with mostly mediocre games that fans will nostalgically claim are "guilty pleasures"

After some missteps, they started to "get it right" again in the 360/PS3 era by "going back to the roots" later on, though only true superfans pretend that it's now an amazing series again

The whole thing is a mismash of confusing and overly serious lore, a million palette swap characters, and an inherently 90s TUDE that makes you wonder if it was ever good to begin with

I've never even owned a MK game.

you're reaching for this one, I'm sorry

(mainly because "mediocre" is far too nice for the PS2 era Sonic games)

danm999

just finished Metal Gear Scanlon 3, aside from the bonus episode. I saw you trying not to cry at the ending, Dan. And I
know that feel

Actually he mentioned on Danswers this week whilst he likes the ending very much, it was an excited tick he was experiencing at the time.

...Yeah, you're right. MK managed to stay on the straight and narrow after it got okay again, it hasn't had a Boom moment to send it all crashing back down.

actually yeah, to be honest this too

like as much as I don't really like anything Netherealm does, they at least have self-awareness and consistency

fucking Lost World

Myggen

Metroid Prime, really!?

Oh yes.

MammothWickedAlbino.gif

edit: This reminds me that I've always loved the art style of Lemmings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom