• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

nSOQfrB.png

I never watched a Star Wars movie to completion so I'm too attached to the series. I'm waiting for a definitive version of the original trilogy that doesn't have any of the Lucas approved post-release tampering before I take the plunge.

BearPawB

Banned
I never watched a Star Wars movie to completion so I'm too attached to the series. I'm waiting for a definitive version of the original trilogy that doesn't have any of the Lucas approved post-release tampering before I take the plunge.

I mean as a new person the added bullshit won't effect you too much

Myggen

Is there any chance of that happening? I was under the impression that it was extremely unlikely even after Disney bought the license.

Is there any chance of that happening? I was under the impression that it was extremely unlikely even after Disney bought the license.

the short story is that Fox owns rights to the first one in perpetuity and are largely unlikely to relinquish them, so there would have to be some cross-company negotiation and [fart noises]

#WiggerWednesday is killing me

f0rk

Not watching Star Wars fully once because you've absorbed the hatred of the special editions from the internet is weird

the short story is that Fox owns rights to the first one in perpetuity and are largely unlikely to relinquish them, so there would have to be some cross-company negotiation and [fart noises]

think those new digital versions had the FOX sequence scrubbed from even ANH, mind

obviously FOX got paid, and always will, but I bet they're willing to negotiate (especially because I seriously doubt FOX can just make new re-releases of Star Wars ANH now they don't own the IP)

Not watching Star Wars fully once because you've absorbed the hatred of the special editions from the internet is weird

my brother, who could not give less of a shit about Star Wars, and who spends no time on the internet, one day told me he couldn't sit through the movies because of the horrid special edition bad CG/etc

which reminds me I still need to hook him up with the despecialized editions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom