• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're telling me that I have to avoid Avengers 2 spoilers for the next week? Fuuuuuuuuck.

the avengers fight and do cool things, but then they doubt one another, then comes an incredible adversary that no one avenger can take on on their own, humbled by this experience they unite, are amazing, the enemy is defeated, sammy jack with a patch is pleased.

Scizzy

You European Avengers-watchers are just like those cocky jerks who like to spoil the ending of upcoming Mario games. Maybe I didn't WANT to know if the princess got saved this time. Thanks a lot.

Hey Brad, I would absolutely support Giant Bomb looking at Number Munchers and other educational software.

Definitely. Number Munchers, The Oregon/Amazon/Yukon Trail, Where in the World/the USA/Time is Carmen Sandiego? Deluxe, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, and all that other good stuff.

Lijik

okay yall i got some hot deets here, hope i dont spoil too much but in the avengers 2 theres a scene during an argument where on super hero quips with a one liner.... and a different super hero replies with a one line of their own!!!!

tchocky

Yeah, and I'm the new Giant Bomb hire.

“There will be a tag,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige clarifies. That is, there will be a short, epilogue-like scene that pops up shortly after the credits start. “But there’s not a post-post-credit scene.”

“There is nothing at the very end. And that’s not a fake-out,” Whedon says. “We want people to know so they don’t sit there for 10 minutes and then go: ‘Son of a bitch! I’ll kill them!’”

okay yall i got some hot deets here, hope i dont spoil too much but in the avengers 2 theres a scene during an argument where on super hero quips with a one liner.... and a different super hero replies with a one line of their own!!!!

The only thing that would surprise me is if this film lays the foundation for future films in the Marvel Universe. They almost never do that so if they did i would be shocked, frankly.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I think Jeff needs to make BB a regular feature. not sure when we'll get the next MGS and MPP at this rate. I need a feature where we delve into one game.
Yeesh, no. Jeff likes the gameplay more when he's alone rather than it being streamed for the world to see.

I'm very quickly tiring of MCU stuff. There's too damn much of it and not enough of it is worth watching. And a lot of the stuff that is hitting now (Daredvil, GotG even though I didn't care for that one personally) has a very distinct tone that would be hard to fold back into the main Avengers stuff without watering it down.

I guess what I'm saying is they're making it like actual comics now and as a non-comic guy it's getting harder and harder to stay on board.

Man, that #hirecara thing is finally over. Thank god, that was creepy as all hell.

#HireTheGreatOneThePeoplesChampTheMostElectrifyingManInSportsEntertainmentTheRock

"Well I think computers aren't instru-"
"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, DANNYBOY"

UPF would be so much more amazing.

Zacagawea

Can someone fill me in about the rules for OTs? Games apparently have a month of being in the main forum after release, but what's the deal with stuff that's not a game? I was lurking when this thread got moved to community and I'm just wondering if I'm being salty for no reason when I see that Gametrailers thread over in gaming

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can someone fill me in about the rules for OTs? Games apparently have a month of being in the main forum after release, but what's the deal with stuff that's not a game? I was lurking when this thread got moved to community and I'm just wondering if I'm being salty for no reason when I see that Gametrailers thread over in gaming

Nobody likes the community ghetto. Nobody probably posts in the GT thread so it flies under the radar.

BearPawB

Banned

Like, I think we probably do belong in the "community" section of the website. That makes sense.
At this point all that stuff should just be forced to go to community.
Things should be more consistent.

Most of her writing was only tangentially related to video games anyway. She's a great writer and she'll probably find something soon based on her portfolio.

I dunno, I don't think "here's what the next Tomb Raider should be!" which was several paragraphs of Ideas_Person.txt that gets beaten out of you the first week of Game Design 101 was that stunning.

Anjin M

Most of her writing was only tangentially related to video games anyway. She's a great writer and she'll probably find something soon based on her portfolio.

I greatly hope she will find something else soon. Cara is very talented (which is why I was hoping she might end up at Giant Bomb, even if it wasn't realistic) and it would be a shame if she can't make a living at writing somewhere.

Psst, Cara. You still hav your GAF account, right? Come back and play with us!

edit://
Like, I think we probably do belong in the "community" section of the website. That makes sense.
At this point all that stuff should just be forced to go to community.
Things should be more consistent.
I agree. We probably do belong here, with the occasional tendrils into gaming when something bigger happens. But there are probably other community-style threads that belong over here too.

I feel like you rarely see those other community threads appear on the front page, but this thread and super best friends thread were both routinely on the front page thereby potentially knocking actual news threads or game OTs back.

Too many people are writing either games themselves or about games just because its the "new" space when really, its a medium that just does not take well to writing nor is it meant for writing to be put first. Too many failed creative writers, or people too afraid to try to be creative writers, in this space. Good on Cara.

Anjin M

Too many people are writing either games themselves or about games just because its the "new" space when really, its a medium that just does not take well to writing nor is it meant for writing to be put first. Too many failed creative writers, or people too afraid to try to be creative writers, in this space. Good on Cara.

I suspect that a lot of current games writers grew up when magazines were still the primary medium. As video asserts itself, there is less and less room for games writers on the internet.

daydream

Banned
Best of luck to Cara.

Completely disagree with this. There's a (necessary) place for game writing in academia just like for every other medium. The current problem is that the *online* publishing market is oversaturated with unoriginal and often utterly unqualified laymen.

Xater

Completely disagree with this. There's a (necessary) place for game writing in academia just like for every other medium. The current problem is that the *online* publishing market is oversaturated with unoriginal and often utterly unqualified laymen.

As someone who does a lot of academic writing in the game space I am with you. There also a lot of interesting pieces that are not academic, some of them I might have even used to kick off a paper.

Oh and this is happening:

bildschirmfoto2015-049wuz5.png

Best of luck to Cara.

its rab time

Anjin M

I am in favor of this Wiki page with all video game mentions in rap songs. Would be a very useful resource.
Yeah, How High was pretty great.
This is a great use of a GoPro.
Drew cockpit cam!
so this is what it feels like to be Drew's chest
I was super confused about what happened to this conversation up until I realized it was Friday. Super unprofessional, everyone.

edit://
That Mario Party 9 Thursday Night Throwdown was pretty good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom