• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The original was fine, but then it was sent to Iron Galaxy for optimization and polish.
2611779-7911097495-i05zL.gif

There's a thread about it, but throwing this in here in case anyone cares:

"The distribution period of "P.T. (Playable Teaser)" on PlayStation®Store will expire on Wednesday, April 29, 2015."

BearPawB

Banned
I have been obsessed with twitch streamers losing all their money on gambling websites.
This is the best trend.

Although it ruins it a little that they get so many donations it basically doesn't matter.

"Legendary Lea" just lost like $200 on a couple hands of black jack. $100 on one bet when she accidentally let it time out rather than hit "hit"

this other guy lost $200 yesterday and is down already today. It is great

Mr. F

Banned
I'm kind of bummed out how little Vinny content I watch anymore, I just don't really enjoy the Vinny/Alex combo. At best it's decent and at worst it's boring, still not really a fan of Alex on videos as much as I've come around on him in other content (podcasts etc).

I'll just go back to watching Random PC Games for the 8000th time I guess.

Anjin M

I'm kind of bummed out how little Vinny content I watch anymore, I just don't really enjoy the Vinny/Alex combo. At best it's decent and at worst it's boring, still not really a fan of Alex on videos as much as I've come around on him in other content (podcasts etc).

I'll just go back to watching Random PC Games for the 8000th time I guess.
I miss Vinny too, even though I think Alex is fine. My problem is that I don't watch quick looks unless it's a game I'm interested in. And those are usually not GBeast quick looks. :(

I think the last GBeast quick look I watched was Sunless Sea. Really.

BearPawB

Banned
I am hoping whoever the new blood is really breathes some life into the BEAST.

i forget how early we realized Dan and Jason were onboard before the official statement.
I expected some "i am moving to new york" tweets by now

Mr. F

Banned
GBeast QLs need to step up the quality of game a little bit. There are isolated good ones but boy are there some just plain bad games.

Fair, I guess a lot of what I find uninteresting about it is attributed to the "Steam new releases roulette" style of game selection, but even still I don't find the chemistry to be anywhere near on the level of Vinny + any of the other crew (minus patrick).

I don't have a PS4. Could I hypothetically make a PSN account on my PC, "checkout" P.T., and have it registered on an account in case I want to download it years later when it's delisted and I have a PS4?

Rainmaker

Banned
It'd be really cool if the new hire brought some diversity. That's what GB needs more than anything. Other than that I really have no complaints with the site and am still thoroughly entertained by 99% of the content.

BearPawB

Banned
I don't have a PS4. Could I hypothetically make a PSN account on my PC, "checkout" P.T., and have it registered on an account in case I want to download it years later when it's delisted and I have a PS4?

I don't know. But really. P.T. isn't much of an experience to play. You'd probably get as much out of watching someone play through it.

It'd be really cool if the new hire brought some diversity. That's what GB needs more than anything. Other than that I really have no complaints with the site and am still thoroughly entertained by 99% of the content.

I agree, I just wish that they would diversify some of the San Fransisco office, not the 2-3 person new york team that aren't on many video features or podcasts.

FluxWaveZ

I don't know. But really. P.T. isn't much of an experience to play. You'd probably get as much out of watching someone play through it.

Couldn't disagree more with this. Despite not having much of substance to the actual "game" part of it, it's an extremely atmospheric experience that isn't anywhere near as significant when watching someone else play.

Yes, you can as long as they don't go the rare extra length in removing it from your download list.

Gotta disagree. Dramatically different feeling when you're the one who has to choose to make that corner each time.

Lelcar

you guys are nuts, gbeast QLs are almost always a pretty good time. I wish they had a little more variety in the games they show, but eh.

Yeah, the Vinny/Alex QLs are honestly the most entertaining QLs for me. They have the best banter by far, but that's me.

BearPawB

Banned
Gotta disagree. Dramatically different feeling when you're the one who has to choose to make that corner each time.

Couldn't disagree more with this. Despite not having much of substance to the actual "game" part of it, it's an extremely atmospheric experience that isn't anywhere near as significant when watching someone else play.

I knew I would get flak for that.
It was atmospheric, but I found nothing about P.T. "fun" to play. It isn't scary when you are stuck in an infinite loop and can't figure out what to do.

Up unto the first scare or two it is great. But it loses steam for the sake of confusion

I knew I would get flak for that.
It was atmospheric, but I found nothing about P.T. "fun" to play. It isn't scary when you are stuck in an infinite loop and can't figure out what to do.

Up unto the first scare or two it is great. But it loses steam for the sake of confusion

Yeah I agree with you the pacing can be a bit off. It's really scary at first but when you start looking at it like a game in order to figure out how to move forward it really breaks the suspension of disbelief. It stops being a scary experience and becomes "okay how do I trigger the next thing?" and it switches mindsets.

Lelcar

It's gonna be a big E3 this year guys. There's like, what, 8 conferences happening?

There's gonna be a lot to talk about on the GB aftershows. I'm pumped.

danm999

I have a juvenile record, so maybe telling them that will be enough to get me out of it.

Depending how they select and empanel juries where you live, odds are you won't be picked.

You can also be challenged by either side to not be included in the jury should you be picked.

That's really not actionable advice I realize, just letting you know you could have a fair chance of only losing a day.

BearPawB

Banned
Current Theory-

According to Twitter, Dan is at Jasons house. Playing MKX, which is clearly an online game. Theory-Jason and Dan will pick up Vinny and Alex late at night. Or something. I dunno.

then they have a slumber party and do eachothers hair and play spin the bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom