• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

not that this makes up for it or anything but it looks like Jeff might be getting his wish about the new CoD keeping the AW movement mechanics

source

Yup, he tweeted some leaked pictures that indicated that as well. Seems logical.

Also, I'll probably die from overdosing on popcorn after reading the threads on Reddit about Valve doing paid mods for Skyrim.

The fuck is Konami doing?

What they've been doing for years now, making fewer and fewer games.

popo

I'm pretty sure they did it for fun and not because they only communicate through twitter.

That stuff's for fun, nothing else. There's a lot of real "get off my lawn" things about social media, but this isn't one of those.

Sure those two are running a gag but I have totally seen 4 kids sitting around a table at a coffee shop chatting with each other on their phones.

Also, did you pick up that "get of my lawn" thing from US TV? I am now curious if there is a scandinavian equivalent. Get off my glacier? Stop petting my Reindeer?

Also, I'll probably die from overdosing on popcorn after reading the threads on Reddit about Valve doing paid mods for Skyrim.

people are overwhelmingly eager to assume evil motives

there's kind of a lot to criticise about that whole thing, but "Gaben = Dr. Claw" is just stretching

Also, did you pick up that "get of my lawn" thing from US TV? I am now curious if there is a scandinavian equivalent. Get off my glacier? Stop petting my Reindeer?

Myggen's american pop culture knowledge always surprises me, but then how much I know about british pop culture always surprises my irish and british coworkers

Irish guy at work was baffled that I knew who Jedward are

Myggen

Yeah, that's probably something I've picked up from US TV, if I had to guess. I'm not sure if we have a similar saying here in Norway actually, I can't think of any.

"Kom deg bort fra plenen min" is that saying directly translated to Norwegian, but it's not an expression people actually use.

hamchan

there's kind of a lot to criticise about that whole thing, but "Gaben = Dr. Claw" is just stretching

Gaben =
4IwTywp.jpg

Is probably pretty accurate though.

Valve has been on the "we can make money without ever really making video games" warpath for a while now

I don't know how people didn't see this coming the second Steam Workshop became a thing

Giant Bomb Dream Update 4/26/15

Vinny uploaded a video in which he played Halo: Reach and explained why it's important to not get married too early. Brad started a series in which the crew shows Dan how to properly shop at a liquor store. On the Bombcast, Jeff confirmed that he had played Rock Band 4. He said the main reason that he played it was because he was sick of walking around some convention.

I'm at late 2010 in Bombcast where Vinny is playing Halo Reach and Jeff talks about playing Rock Band 3 pre-release.

Valve has been on the "we can make money without ever really making video games" warpath for a while now

I don't know how people didn't see this coming the second Steam Workshop became a thing

steam workshop is so good though. when it's implemented properly, but that's the developer's responsibility.

they have good ideas. whether or not they implement them in the best way possible is another story. at least someone is doing it.

Myggen

Myggen's american pop culture knowledge always surprises me, but then how much I know about british pop culture always surprises my irish and british coworkers

It's probably difficult for Americans to grasp exactly how dominant your culture is in other countries. Well over 50% of the movies and TV shows I've watched since I was able to understand the language have been American, it's probably closer to 80% now. I probably know more American than Norwegian cultural references at this point, and read almost exclusively American and British newspapers and news magazines. American entertainment's importance in Europe can't be overstated.

Also, this UPF is really good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I'd say that america is the world biggest exporter of culture just from hollywood alone.

American entertainment's importance in Europe can't be overstated.

I studied German in college because I really liked the language, but pretty quickly learned how utterly useless it is to know it because as a whole, Germans know English better than I know German, and there's not enough tv/movie/literature available to me to make it useful.

Japanese is a nightmare to learn but at least it's useful depending on your hobbies.

by the way, Furious 7 is called Wild Speed: Sky Mission in japan

I'd say that america is the world biggest exporter of culture just from hollywood alone.

I find that kind of depressing, but at least there seems to be a higher percentage of good stuff being made here over the last decade, tv-wise anyway.

Seeing the many people who utterly hate the exo suit stuff in the BO3 threads and hoping it doesn't come back is kinda funny after Jeff's proclamation that he wouldn't be interested in any future COD without that stuff.

Seeing people who utterly hate the exo suit stuff in the BO3 threads and hoping it doesn't come back is kinda funny after Jeff's proclamation that he wouldn't be interested in any future COD without that stuff.

I'm not touching a CoD thread, but AW was the first CoD game I've enjoyed in years strictly because of the exosuits

if people don't like change there's nothing stopping them from continuing to play the games in the series they DO like

I'm not touching a CoD thread, but AW was the first CoD game I've enjoyed in years strictly because of the exosuits

if people don't like change there's nothing stopping them from continuing to play the games in the series they DO like

Why do people hate the exosuits? Do they have a negative impact on the game, or is this just a case of hating change?

Why do people hate the exosuits? Do they have a negative impact on the game, or is this just a case of hating change?

Probably because change. The exosuit movement really deviates from what one would consider the norm in a CoD game. For me, it was a grand improvement over a boring and played out genre, like how Titanfall was a great relief and something different for shooters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Vinny is about to fly to SF. Now you know.
You fucking creeps.
It's probably difficult for Americans to grasp exactly how dominant your culture is in other countries. Well over 50% of the movies and TV shows I've watched since I was able to understand the language have been American, it's probably closer to 80% now. I probably know more American than Norwegian cultural references at this point, and read almost exclusively American and British newspapers and news magazines. American entertainment's importance in Europe can't be overstated.

Also, this UPF is really good.
It's the same for me and kind of sad, if you take a step back and think about it. Like...I would totally watch a French comedy show, a Spanish action movie or listen to Polish video game podcast. But the US (and UK to a certain degree) just dominates all those field so much, it's hard to get out of. I know more about some US states and politics than I know about many countries in Europe. And that's nothing special. How stupid is that?

To be fair, hackers do kind of stop you from playing the older games in the series. I've no idea what Black Ops 2 or ghost are like, but last I heard everything from CoD 4 to Black ops 1 is a mess.

The exosuits really changed the pace of matches to the point where it becomes kind of a mess compared to previous games, it's not necessarily a bad change but I can't blame people for not liking how different it is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seeing the many people who utterly hate the exo suit stuff in the BO3 threads and hoping it doesn't come back is kinda funny after Jeff's proclamation that he wouldn't be interested in any future COD without that stuff.

What's more funny is 'Call of Duty never changes'
Here's how Call of Duty is changing
'What the fuck what a terrible idea'

Looks like Vinny is about to fly to SF. Now you know.
You fucking creeps.

It's the same for me and kind of sad, if you take a step back and think about it. Like...I would totally watch a French comedy show, a Spanish action movie or listen to Polish video game podcast. But the US (and UK to a certain degree) just dominates all those field so much, it's hard to get out of. I know more about some US states and politics than I know about many countries in Europe. And that's nothing special. How stupid is that?

"Florida Man" is required knowledge for all the world's population.

KingKong

I'm laughing at people thinking this is the Call of Duty that's going to provide meaningful changes to the formula instead of being 90% of the same game. Remember that CoD that people thought would have a great campaign because you could choose to go left or right at certain points in the E3 demo?

Megasoum

Banned
I just had a bit of a Dan moment... Was making hardboiled eggs and then a bunch of shells started the crack so I ended up eggs that looked like Clicked from The Last of Us... Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom