• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is the Big Live Show going to be and is there any particular format to the proceedings in terms of what we're going to see?

And take care of that Santee, you never know when stuff like that is going to come up out of nowhere and ruin what you have going on.

How long is the Big Live Show going to be and is there any particular format to the proceedings in terms of what we're going to see?

And take care of that Santee, you never know when stuff like that is going to come up out of nowhere and ruin what you have going on.

I think it starts at 11 AM and ends at 530? Cause that's when the after party starts

Jothel

Been playing Trials Frontier on my phone recently, it's... surprisingly not terrible! Full of free to play stuff but I've managed to avoid all of that nastiness. Anyone else going through it?

Been playing Trials Frontier on my phone recently, it's... surprisingly not terrible! Full of free to play stuff but I've managed to avoid all of that nastiness. Anyone else going through it?

I was pretty into it for a while, but I stopped after they released a slew of updates that served no purpose other than to make the game harder on players who didn't pay up.

It was too easy for a Trials game.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Just got into it about a week ago. I refuse to pay on it. I dislike that I get 5 or 6 races, then have to wait an hour or two to do it all over again. The gambling system for quest items is annoying as well. All that said, I can't stop playing it. I thought I'd be playing Hearthstone nonstop once I got my Nexus 9 but Trials Frontier is the game I keep coming back to. I hate it and love it.

danm999

Dan really is the villain of this Giant Bomb season. He has the classic villain trope where he mistakingly thinks he's the good guy too.

Drew will one day have to confront and defeat him, and at that time Dan will give a speech about how he's always wanted to die and his corpse will explode for reasons.

Decided to watch that new Terminator trailer and holy shit @ that swerve.

That definitely seems like something they should have kept for the movie unless there is something crazier...

Also
Young Arnold once again looks so fake

demidar

Drew will one day have to confront and defeat him, and at that time Dan will give a speech about how he's always wanted to die and his corpse will explode for reasons.

There will be a "We're both the same, you and I" line uttered somewhere.

And it'll be punctuated with a Waluigi Waaaah!

AKPro9C.png

Jeff_Gerstmann → The_Substitute
4 degrees.

http://beta.degreesofwikipedia.com/

Jothel

I was pretty into it for a while, but I stopped after they released a slew of updates that served no purpose other than to make the game harder on players who didn't pay up.

It was too easy for a Trials game.

Just got into it about a week ago. I refuse to pay on it. I dislike that I get 5 or 6 races, then have to wait an hour or two to do it all over again. The gambling system for quest items is annoying as well. All that said, I can't stop playing it. I thought I'd be playing Hearthstone nonstop once I got my Nexus 9 but Trials Frontier is the game I keep coming back to. I hate it and love it.

I agree with everything said here but I can't stop...

also a few days ago here there was a video with Vinny from Gamespot and it was his birthday... maybe? I've looked through the past 10 or so pages and I can't see it, anybody have it on hand?

Let me have a crack at this.

The_Rock_(film) → Mario_Party
3 degrees.

[therock(film)] => The_Rock_(film)
[metacritic] => Metacritic
[nintendo] => Nintendo
[marioparty] => Mario_Party

😑

Noaloha

copypaste from a wrong browser tab post I dropped elsewhere on the forum:

Can I get a spoiler advisory on Jeffäs (edit: bah, swedish keyboard layout -- *Jeff's) latest Bloodborne video?

The last boss I defeated was Vicar Amelia (hyperlink spoiler?) and I've since dug a little bit into the nearby wooded area and opened up the two shortcuts (lift and gate).

I started watching the video thinking Jeff'd still be around BSB / VA or something, but I paused as soon as he mentioned that he'd defeated VA and 'the witch'.

Is there an easy way to explain how far I should progress in my game to keep the video relatively spoiler-free? Obviously I should find/kill this witch boss, but then I guess that, in this GB content, Jeff will go exploring some new area? Is there a notable point I'll recognise in my own playthrough that lines up with the conclusion of Jeff's video?

jaina

copypaste from a wrong browser tab post I dropped elsewhere on the forum:

Can I get a spoiler advisory on Jeffäs (edit: bah, swedish keyboard layout -- *Jeff's) latest Bloodborne video?

The last boss I defeated was Vicar Amelia (hyperlink spoiler?) and I've since dug a little bit into the nearby wooded area and opened up the two shortcuts (lift and gate).

I started watching the video thinking Jeff'd still be around BSB / VA or something, but I paused as soon as he mentioned that he'd defeated VA and 'the witch'.

Is there an easy way to explain how far I should progress in my game to keep the video relatively spoiler-free? Obviously I should find/kill this witch boss, but then I guess that, in this GB content, Jeff will go exploring some new area? Is there a notable point I'll recognise in my own playthrough that lines up with the conclusion of Jeff's video?

I almost think you can watch it right now. The video is basically talking about preferred weapons and leading Jeff to the start of the woods. Definitely spoiler-safe for you after you've defeated the boss you mention and after you've found the secret path to the roof beams of the cathedral.

danm999

There will be a "We're both the same, you and I" line uttered somewhere.

And it'll be punctuated with a Waluigi Waaaah!

A Waluigi-Big Boss fight would be cool as shit.

Although I feel the "take that mr eyeballs" line might come across crueler than intended.

I agree with everything said here but I can't stop...

Don't worry, you'll reach the point where you have a platinum on most of the tracks and you just stop caring.

By the way, I almost went with that image of Dan as my avatar when I saw that video, but I said "fuck it, someone else will probably do it."

Noaloha

I almost think you can watch it right now. The video is basically talking about preferred weapons and leading Jeff to the start of the woods. Definitely spoiler-safe for you after you've defeated the boss you mention and after you've found the secret path to the roof beams of the cathedral.

Splendid, thank you.

popo

People having a twitter beef while they both post from the same room makes me a little sad for modern society. Watching those two furiously tap on their phones must have been awkward for Island Boy's Wife.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People having a twitter beef while they both post from the same room makes me a little sad for modern society. Watching those two furiously tap on their phones must have been awkward for Island Boy's Wife.

I'm pretty sure they did it for fun and not because they only communicate through twitter.

Myggen

That stuff's for fun, nothing else. There's a lot of real "get off my lawn" things about social media, but this isn't one of those.

Cranzor

Giant Bomb Dream Update 4/26/15

Vinny uploaded a video in which he played Halo: Reach and explained why it's important to not get married too early. Brad started a series in which the crew shows Dan how to properly shop at a liquor store. On the Bombcast, Jeff confirmed that he had played Rock Band 4. He said the main reason that he played it was because he was sick of walking around some convention.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
All things considered, this tweet by Dan is one of my favorite tweets ever. Excellent work.

I'm at @unastrike's place and he isn't good at fighting games. I guess the "fighting game master" thing he does is some kind of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom