• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned

one could say that everything has been leading up to that final moment of them finally cracking into action 52 after they've been merely circling around it for years

9MPvfFm.png

^That picture on the top of a page is pretty damn great.

Finally got around to watching the latest UPF, that was a really good one. Dan is crazy about competing.

Tucah

you speak so well
Not gonna lie, I really like what I see in that BLOPS3 trailer.

Me too. In general, I'm actually with Jeff in regards to the series, I liked movement in AW and if they didn't continue that/do something similar my interest in the franchise would pretty much disappear.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It is 50/50 that Dan would know how to make a hard boiled egg.

I think it's a safe bet that he learned to make them when he was learning to eat healthy and cheap.

If not, it's a safer bet that if you asked him for one and locked him in a kitchen, you'd end up with a badly cooked poached egg.

I really liked Titanfall, and this seems to be very titanfall. So...yeah.

It looks fun, that type of movement will always be fun.

I am just curious if it will be anything more than titanfall without the big robots

I liked the robots too. But I think if the movement is tight, it'll be excellent because the maps will be designed around just people and not people+robots.

only ever really fucked with Dr. Octagonecologyst because of the Dan the Automator connection

I dig what I've heard of his stuff with Ultramag, though

I recommend Black Elvis/Lost in Space and the first Dr. DoooM album. Sex Style is alright. after that the quality is all over the place.

are you telling me that Spankmaster isn't of the utmost quality

let me put it this way: I don't think I've ever not been entertained by his lyrics and delivery, but when it comes to making good music, he's probably hovering at around 30-40%

santeesioux

It's probably difficult for Americans to grasp exactly how dominant your culture is in other countries. Well over 50% of the movies and TV shows I've watched since I was able to understand the language have been American, it's probably closer to 80% now. I probably know more American than Norwegian cultural references at this point, and read almost exclusively American and British newspapers and news magazines. American entertainment's importance in Europe can't be overstated.

Also, this UPF is really good.

How much do you think that has to do with how well English is taught and how common it is in Scandinavia? Do you think it would be the same if everyone couldn't already speak English over there? My Swedish cousin speaks English better than most people over here.

Lelcar

I want to see all possible combinations of the NY and SF people. It would be cool to see an Alex and Dan video as they've been Power Bombcasting since 2013.

Vinny+Jason, Vinny+Jeff+Dan, Alex+Brad+Rorie, i dunno, combinations. Like watching Seinfeld and thinking oh Elaine and Kramer are suck together for an episode, that's interesting.

Myggen

How much do you think that has to do with how well English is taught and how common it is in Scandinavia? Do you think it would be the same if everyone couldn't already speak English over there? My Swedish cousin speaks English better than most people over here.

I think that's part of it, sure (you could also argue that our English gets better because of how much we're exposed to the language on TV at all times, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation). But my limited experience tells me that the same is true for most of Europe, at least Northern Europe. American entertainment has as strong a position on the continent as it has ever had right now I think.

Some countries still dub most of their American and British entertainment though, so they don't get the language benefit. I think at least Spain, Germany, and France dub all or most of American tv shows and movies, while the same might be true for Italy.

See this song fucks with me now because according to Dan's story he is on the record as saying he only fucks with hoes that wear Versace.

Where's the consistency Mr. RAFF

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan just remembered it as [fancy lad clothing brand]

but at the same time I'd take Dan's back over Riff Raff's

Konami is the one that doesn't need video games at all to stay being a surviving business. Capcom would have to practically bankrupt before Konami decides to back out.

KingKong

Just bought Crypt of the Necrodancer because of GB's Quick Look. Game looks fucking amazing.

it's fun but people should keep in mind that it's very much a roguelike, so if you don't like roguelikes I doubt you'll get a lot of out of it (compared to Binding of Isaac or Rogue Legacy or whatever)

jgminto

Konami is the one that doesn't need video games at all to stay being a surviving business. Capcom would have to practically bankrupt before Konami decides to back out.
It wouldn't surprise me if they just think AAA games are too risky at this point and they want to get out all together.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Don't they all dabble in mobile games, too? I know Capcom and Square-Enix are, don't know about Konami or how successful any of them are, though.

Sakwoff

I studied German in college because I really liked the language, but pretty quickly learned how utterly useless it is to know it because as a whole, Germans know English better than I know German, and there's not enough tv/movie/literature available to me to make it useful.

On tv and movies I agree for the most part, although there are some good movies. But literature? Come on. There is a rich history. I mean, sure, you could read English translations of most of the classics, but that's not the same.

(in general I totally get it though)

Konami must be actually TRYING to get out of games at this point, right? I have no idea what they have been doing otherwise
Capcom is still making bank with monhun and taking money from console makers to get their games out there. Yeah, konami is gonna probably sell off their games division in the upcoming years.

Konami must be actually TRYING to get out of games at this point, right? I have no idea what they have been doing otherwise

Maybe Konami had the audacity to think that without Kojima, they can turn MGS into some annualized series that can get them the COD money they sorely needed.

On tv and movies I agree for the most part, although there are some good movies. But literature? Come on. There is a rich history. I mean, sure, you could read English translations of most of the classics, but that's not the same.

(in general I totally get it though)

I kind of meant "readily available" but it didn't come out right. actually I really like classical German literature. people don't give German enough credit, it's actually a very poetic language. Schiller is a personal favorite.

I'm still glad I studied it but I rarely have an occasion to use it, and unlike other languages, you don't really lose nuance in subtitles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom