• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

So I'm catching up retroactively to Jeff Green's Bloodborne streams. At the point I'm at now, he's heard of Jeff (Gerstmann) wrecking the game and is dressing up in a tracksuit trying to channel his powers. :p

Myggen

Let me ask you this:
How many times after a company announced that they will announce some super secret thing did it turn out to be something worth caring about?
Exactly.

Stop making sense.

So I'm catching up retroactively to Jeff Green's Bloodborne streams. At the point I'm at now, he's heard of Jeff (Gerstmann) wrecking the game and is dressing up in a tracksuit trying to channel his powers. :p

Hah, got a link`?

0jvUQkM.png

popo

Let me ask you this:
How many times after a company announced that they will announce some super secret thing did it turn out to be something worth caring about?
Exactly.

This announcement is so big that, rather than tell our 1.3 million twitter followers, we are going to announce it live for the 200 people who watch The Lobby.

Tucah

you speak so well
This announcement is so big that, rather than tell our 1.3 million twitter followers, we are going to announce it live for the 200 people who watch The Lobby.

I saw the numbers get as big as 300 during the part of The Lobby that I watched.

repeater

gotta lovehire black dragon
This is actually the first time I've followed anything by him, after having seen him mentioned around GAF every once in a while. I'm really enjoying it. But, honestly...
Jeff is too nice a person for GB.
"Shit, I've got no potions..."

Sounds like a Jeff Green stream :p
Shortly afterwards, he warps back and forth from Old Yharnam TWICE when intending to go to Central Yharnam for farming vials. :p

If I was giving money to the Funny guys, I would be annoyed at the way they are doing things.

They break out on their own to do E3 exactly the way they used to do it as part of a big company.

Myggen

figured Danny would have a big presence at the BLLSL, surprised that it seems like he'll miss most (I think?) of it.

Yeah, said at the end of Alt+F1 that he would be there for the later parts of it and the post show. Seemed to have something else going on with Gamespot. Probably something that came up recently since his Tumblr post seemed to indicate that he intended to be there more when he posted it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Wow, when did the Lobby double it's viewers?

I feel bad for Danny, he really does a great job. But Gamespot just doesn't have a real audience

Zaph

If I was giving money to the Funny guys, I would be annoyed at the way they are doing things.

They break out on their own to do E3 exactly the way they used to do it as part of a big company.
Like lots of other Youtubers who want to have their cake and eat it too, they probably realised how expensive it would be to cover e3 in a meaningful way independently and had to find a production partner quick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I liked the wolf and not just because it's infringing on Alex's gimmick.

I don't know, the whole game just feels like it's Tim Schafer beating me over the head with this 'quirky and charming' stick. Like the characters don't feel like characters that are 'quirky and charming.' They feel like the human avatars of 'quirky and charming.' Like I'm being told over and over 'look how quirky and charming they are! they charm you with their quirks and wit!'

Charm those quirks! It just reminds me of the opposite end of when they make a video game character that's grimdark with spikes and how forced that feels about them being 'badass.'

I don't know, the whole game just feels like it's Tim Schafer beating me over the head with this 'quirky and charming' stick. Like the characters don't feel like characters that are 'quirky and charming.' They feel like the human avatars of 'quirky and charming.' Like I'm being told over and over 'look how quirky and charming they are! they charm you with their quirks and wit!'

Charm those quirks! It just reminds me of the opposite end of when they make a video game character that's grimdark with spikes and how forced that feels about them being 'badass.'

You don't like quirky and charming? Ok, you suit, I bet if you had your way we'd be at Broken Age 6:Quirky Enough For You. We get it business man, you don't like originality, you don't like diversity, you want guns! </Schafers position>

Just finished that League game. Was reminded why I stopped playing it. The toxicity is real. Will forge forward though.

Hmm. Over at The Lobby, Danny said he will be on Kinda Funny's Colin and Greg Live tomorrow as well as record the next episode of their Kinda Funny Gamescast. Colin and Greg Live happens at 2PM (Eastern)/11AM (Pacific), which, to those paying attention, is the same time as BLLSL! That means no Danny appearance on BLLSL! Boooo!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's funny is I played Wolfenstein: The New Order, then I played Dragon Age: Inquisition, and then I played Broken Age Act 2.

And the game with the best characters was the one with space mecha nazis AND fun gameplay.

Myggen

Hmm. Over at The Lobby, Danny said he will be on Kinda Funny's Colin and Greg Live tomorrow as well as record the next episode of their Kinda Funny Gamescast. Colin and Greg Live happens at 2PM (Eastern)/11AM (Pacific), which, to those paying attention, is the same time as BLLSL! That means no Danny appearance on BLLSL! Boooo!

He'll be on near the end according to what he said on Alt+F1. The main BLLSL will probably go until 4:30PM or something, so there's plenty of time.

Stop spreading false rumours and check your sources

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I really like Vela in Broken Age but some of the puzzles are just god damn awful.

Like finding the sequence to repair the Hexagon dude. Oh OF COURSE I can find the sequence
n some random photo where the other character is right now
. Why would it be in some room were it makes sense. Or be a puzzle instead of "find the solution we just hid in a random place"

And the story has some major holes so far
After Shay finds out his parents are actually humans he's just like "Oh WHAT? Huh, whatever. Makes sense I guess. I won't ask them why they let me alone or treat me like a five year old. Tudelu.

And yeah, I get it video games are hard to make, but there are 3 new characters and not a single new location (so far at least, though I'm pretty close to the end) in Act 2 which really makes me wonder why it took them a year to finish it.

You don't like quirky and charming? Ok, you suit, I bet if you had your way we'd be at Broken Age 6:Quirky Enough For You. We get it business man, you don't like originality, you don't like diversity, you want guns! </Schafers position>

Just finished that League game. Was reminded why I stopped playing it. The toxicity is real. Will forge forward though.
for reals play Dota

if you start now you'll have just as much of a clue as anyone else on how to actually play the game

What's funny is I played Wolfenstein: The New Order, then I played Dragon Age: Inquisition, and then I played Broken Age Act 2.

And the game with the best characters was the one with space mecha nazis AND fun gameplay.

I consistently forget that dragon age inquisition even exists, I feel like that game came and went really quickly.

justjim89

I watched about less than five minutes of that time Dan was on whatever these guys do and it was just this guy who I guess is Colin and I had to close the tab because of how fuck awful this dude is.

Like, they just put out a video last night as part of their podcast about Anti-Americanism. All because Colin, a straight, cis white Republican, was mildly disrespected for being an American while in Iceland recently. And he was all, "I don't understand why you would hate someone just for where they're from, something they can't control." While simultaneously proclaiming America to be the greatest country on Earth and saying everyone is jealous of America.

It was to the point honestly where I feel like even Dan would tell him to check his privilege.

I consistently forget that dragon age inquisition even exists, I feel like that game came and went really quickly.

One of the worst games ever made. Not even in a Big Rigs Truckers bad, but colossal fucking failure at everything it ever attempted bad.

And yet some people named it GOTY? Madness, what a good marketing budget will get you.

He'll be on near the end according to what he said on Alt+F1. The main BLLSL will probably go until 4:30PM or something, so there's plenty of time.

Oh good. I don't listen to Alt+F1, so I didn't hear that. I just assumed that he wouldn't be able to make it since Colin and Greg live goes from 11-12:30ish (Pacific) and, when they have a guest, they go out to treat them to lunch and then (in this case) return to record a podcast that is usually roughly 1 to 1.5 hours long. That could give Danny a good hour (or more) to be on BLLSL.

popo

I was thinking that this Saints Row 4 port for PS4 was hot garbage and then noticed the High Voltage Software logo. Should have known. Like the reverse of the Nintendo Seal of Quality.

Doesn't even have Gat out of Hell on the disc, which as a renter means I am SOL. Even XBONE had in on disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom