• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

You're always so angry

I think it's the avatar. I bet if he switched to an anime avatar, the posts would read quite differently.

edit://
I had fun playing it. I had more fun playing DA:I then titanfall, dark souls 2, or mariokart which were the only other games released in 2014 that I actually played last year.

horse.gif

This is all I need to hear. I don't care whether a game is good or not. I just care if people had fun playing it. Hell, I like Destiny and no one thinks it's good.

Myggen

Small businessman stepping on some big business ties.

Seriously the fluoride controversy strikes me as so dumb as a non-American (though to be fair I imagine it strikes most Americans as dumb too).

That stuff is in the media here in Norway too right now, so it's not only America. With the internet, misinformation spreads fast.

Seriously the fluoride controversy strikes me as so dumb as a non-American (though to be fair I imagine it strikes most Americans as dumb too).

the only people who think it's bad are crazy people. it's basically one of the lowest-risk to highest-benefit medical advancements in the last century.

whatever. idiots.

Myggen

the only people who think it's bad are crazy people. it's basically one of the lowest-risk to highest-benefit medical advancements in the last century.

whatever. idiots.

A Harvard studio that linked it to lower IQ has fucked up the public perception on this issue a lot it seems (the studio has been discredited).

danm999

whatever. idiots.

That stuff is in the media here in Norway too right now, so it's not only America. With the internet, misinformation spreads fast.

Whatever. You guys are just trying to control me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cG8RksCfxcw

Also Jeff's favorite part of Interstellar is the same part as mine; Matt Damon's portrayal of a shit stain character.

No one honestly buys into the fluoride being bad thing except for the conspiracy nuts.

Also I know exactly what Brad was talking about, but because I took good care of my teeth, I didn't have to do the swishy swish.

I have a ps4 and played bloodborne already, now what do I play?

Monster hunter.

League is more fun tho

I play all 3 and that's my current feeling. I switch around some though. I find League the most fun alone atm, Heroes of the Storm the most fun with friends because we don't have to take it as seriously. I tend to switch though. I'll play nothing but Dota for a few months, then League for a few months. If I try to play both at the same time I end up being pretty bad at both since even simple stuff like csing will adapt to one game and make you shitty at the other. I have a weakness for mobas. I even downloaded Smite.

Come join me in my self-loathing and play a moba. I can even give you a heroes of the storm beta key.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The podcast and their discussion of next gen troubles and all that got me thinking. I feel like I have a lot of unanswered questions about video games and their whereabouts.

•What happened to that Remedy game for Xbox One? Shouldn't we have heard about that by now? There was that teaser and that was it.
•Is Black Tusk making Gears of War AND their original thing or did the original thing get scrapped for a remaster(even though people on Gaf assure me remasters are done by separate teams which is pretty hilarious that they think that.) Remember? They had that one teaser with that dude on a skyscraper.
•Where is Crackdown 3? Why have we seen nothing of it? No in-game whatsoever.
•Shouldn't we be hearing about a new proper Forza? They're usually pretty consistent with putting those out. Where is it?
•Is the Kinect dead?
•Wasn't there a rumor about a Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 release for PS4 and Xbox? A Rererelease? Or was that a fan conjecture deal? I mean it seems likely either way.

I feel like E3 will only answer a few of these questions.

And to their point about Japan being in a rough spot. Not all the developers are. Koei making things happen. Musou wins again, Brett.

Dying Light is pretty fun

The podcast and their discussion of next gen troubles and all that got me thinking. I feel like I have a lot of unanswered questions about video games and their whereabouts.

•What happened to that Remedy game for Xbox One? Shouldn't we have heard about that by now? There was that teaser and that was it.
•Is Black Tusk making Gears of War AND their original thing or did the original thing get scrapped for a remaster(even though people on Gaf assure me remasters are done by separate teams which is pretty hilarious that they think that.) Remember? They had that one teaser with that dude on a skyscraper.
•Shouldn't we be hearing about a new proper Forza? They're usually pretty consistent with putting those out. Where is it?
•Is the Kinect dead?
•Wasn't there a rumor about a Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 release for PS4 and Xbox? A Rererelease? Or was that a fan conjecture deal? I mean it seems likely either way.

I feel like E3 will only answer a few of these questions.

And to their point about Japan being in a rough spot. Not all the developers are. Koei making things happen. Musou wins again, Brett.

Dying Light is pretty fun

Remedy's game, Quantum Break? They've shown gameplay for it. It comes out early next year.

IIRC they said they put their new IP on hold for Gears of War.

Crackdown was still early on when they announced it. I imagine we'll see some of it at this E3.

There will be a new proper Forza this year. It's already been announced http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_6

The Kinect is an undead husk at this point.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, the whole game just feels like it's Tim Schafer beating me over the head with this 'quirky and charming' stick. Like the characters don't feel like characters that are 'quirky and charming.' They feel like the human avatars of 'quirky and charming.' Like I'm being told over and over 'look how quirky and charming they are! they charm you with their quirks and wit!'

Charm those quirks! It just reminds me of the opposite end of when they make a video game character that's grimdark with spikes and how forced that feels about them being 'badass.'
The weird thing is that I really enjoyed some of the characters in Act 1, but not the game as a whole, mostly because of the puzzles. I actually thought it was impressive how fast Tim introduced a whole family with a few sentences and you were immediately super involved. Act 2 is almost the opposite now. The characters don't really have archs, they just exist in this insane world and stay their quirky selfs. But now there are tough (and really oldschoold fuck-this-shit) puzzles and I kind of like those. So in general, I enjoyed Act 2 much more.

Like, they just put out a video last night as part of their podcast about Anti-Americanism. All because Colin, a straight, cis white Republican, was mildly disrespected for being an American while in Iceland recently. And he was all, "I don't understand why you would hate someone just for where they're from, something they can't control." While simultaneously proclaiming America to be the greatest country on Earth and saying everyone is jealous of America.

It was to the point honestly where I feel like even Dan would tell him to check his privilege.
Link for that video? Can't find it on their channel.

edit:
Oh and I played Strider, Shovel Knight and Ori and the Blind Forest back to back, liked them all and I'm now looking forward to Axiom Verge. Suck it 2D haters!

daydream

Banned
Is that one of those animes Obama was talking about?

Im kinda tired of shooters so not really feeling stuff like Far Cry 4 or Destiny

it's a really fun hack'n'slash with a monhun structure, excellent podcast game btw (though the story isn't complete throwaway like it is in monhun)

also, make a jp account and play some psycho pigs

They've shown off screenshots and gameplay for Quantum Break.

Phil Spencer tried to pretend that it was only a "concept" and that Black Tusk was only working on Gears but IIRC the rumor was that it was a real project that got shelved for Gears.

We haven't seen anything of it because it was announced way too early.

Forza 5 only came out a year and a half ago and they had Horizon 2 to fill the gap half a year ago. They'll almost definitely show 6 at E3.

•Is the Kinect dead?

It's been dead for a while now.

I dunno, maybe? "Rerelease of old game" seems like an insignificant question considering how often it happens.

Ketch

I think it's the avatar. I bet if he switched to an anime avatar, the posts would read quite differently.

edit://

This is all I need to hear. I don't care whether a game is good or not. I just care if people had fun playing it. Hell, I like Destiny and no one thinks it's good.

Is destiny coming to PC at some point? I'll probably get it, even though it's been panned pretty heavily.... maybe i'll wait for a sale...

Strax

Like, they just put out a video last night as part of their podcast about Anti-Americanism. All because Colin, a straight, cis white Republican, was mildly disrespected for being an American while in Iceland recently. And he was all, "I don't understand why you would hate someone just for where they're from, something they can't control." While simultaneously proclaiming America to be the greatest country on Earth and saying everyone is jealous of America.

It was to the point honestly where I feel like even Dan would tell him to check his privilege.

I highly doubt he was disrespected in Iceland for being American unless he did something to provoke someone. Is there a video/podcast/story?

Edit: I found the video and damn, 6 mins in and this is so much bullshit.

Edit 2: If he's anything like this in real life as he his in this video I'm not shock at all people would be rude to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom