• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

I've listened to that cast three or four times as well. The guys really give Ryan the send off he deserves. It is so touching and heartwarming. I should be so lucky to have a tenth as many friends to eulogize my passing.

Still miss the big guy.

theosi

Thanks for the recommendations guys, really nice community here. Looking forward to listening to some classic ryan podcasts. Missing that era, you guys make it sounds like like Ive never watched empire strikes back or never played chrono trigger. Going to dive in to some of the classic stuff and see what I've missed. should be equally awesome and depressing at the same time.

On a related note, it was Ryan's enthusiasm for Olympics games that got me to purchase the most recent summer and winter olympic titles. Actually, I think the game they're playing is the Vancouver game I bought myself. We are never going to see an Olympics tie-in again, are we?

I could see Dan hosting one in the future. A highly competitive one.

Jintor

Missing that era, you guys make it sounds like like Ive never watched empire strikes back or never played chrono trigger

you've not watched ryan and patrick playing brono trigger

if it comes to that i've still not seen the ryan/brad deadly premonition endurance run. either side of it, really

jaina

CD5j25WVEAEuAvm.jpg:orig
CD5CHJPVEAEOTN6.jpg:orig

@MartinTsang: Will this recording be made available to...interested parties?
@gianorama: Yes indeed! Keep an eye out on Youtube.com/giancruz - Soon :)

Rainmaker

Banned
Okay. I remember Jeff talking about why he didn't finish Journey. It probably wasn't that interesting to many others. I found it intriguing but can't remember where I heard it. I think it was a Bombcast but honestly it could have been a video. Does anyone know if that excerpt is on Youtube (probably not) or at least when and on what it happened so I can go back and listen? It's been awhile and I am completely blanking out. I know it wasn't a long talk or anything.

The reason i find the story so intriguing is because it's a rare moment where it seems like a game had actually gotten to Jeff in a somewhat emotional capacity. If I remember correctly he couldn't keep playing when the guy he had been playing with for so long left and it messed with him?

Am... Am I losing my mind and this never happened?

Jintor

No, that definitely happened. There's a youtube bit of it somewhere. I vivldly remember listening to that bombcast while waiting for a train on my way home from work. (I'm not sure if vividly associating podcast segments with where you were while listening is a common problem but it's one I have)

/edit i can't check it myself because i'm at work but i think it's this one

BanGy.nz

Banned
Okay. I remember Jeff talking about why he didn't finish Journey. It probably wasn't that interesting to many others. I found it intriguing but can't remember where I heard it. I think it was a Bombcast but honestly it could have been a video. Does anyone know if that excerpt is on Youtube (probably not) or at least when and on what it happened so I can go back and listen? It's been awhile and I am completely blanking out. I know it wasn't a long talk or anything.

The reason i find the story so intriguing is because it's a rare moment where it seems like a game had actually gotten to Jeff in a somewhat emotional capacity. If I remember correctly he couldn't keep playing when the guy he had been playing with for so long left and it messed with him?

Am... Am I losing my mind and this never happened?
Giant Bombcast 03-13-2012. They start talking about Journey 1:09:53.

Jothel

This was in the related videos and I swear I have never seen it before. Confirms that Drew has always secretly been one of the best members of the crew.
Every few months I'll go through those videos - including the fan edited UPF segments, great way to spend a 30 minutes!

Rainmaker

Banned
No, that definitely happened. There's a youtube bit of it somewhere. I vivldly remember listening to that bombcast while waiting for a train on my way home from work. (I'm not sure if vividly associating podcast segments with where you were while listening is a common problem but it's one I have)

/edit i can't check it myself because i'm at work but i think it's this one

I do the same thing. I now unfortunately associate a local pizza place with the LucasArts Shit Bandit. Thanks for the help anyway!

Giant Bombcast 03-13-2012. They start talking about Journey 1:09:53.

Awesome! Thank you so much. I can always count on you (yes, you) anime weirdos.

EDIT: OOOOOOH yeah! It was on the last Bombcast before the GB/GS announcement.

Just getting around to listening to this weeks podcast. When they announced Vinny and Alex were joining in a part of me still seemed to be waiting for Brad to say Patrick as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kind of fell off idlethumbs for awhile now through no fault of danielle.

Just feels like they could never capture back what made them so good in the first place. Also felt for awhile that they didn't care about videogames anymore.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yes! I have that same "problem". I know exactly where on my commute I was during Bombcast segments. It's scary sometimes.

Oh man, didn't even think about that. That sucks but makes sense.

Quentyn

Finally catching up on that last Ryckert cast and Dan's dad is just amazing.

"Well to set this up I have to explain the layout of the house."
"I think people will understand that there are stairs."

Then 15 minutes to set up a joke.

Patryn

Vinny is best duder.
Drew is secret best duder.
Jason
is super secret best duder.

Honestly, Jason has become my second-favorite duder. Especially when teamed up with Dan. Shows how funny the straight man can be.

EA E3 conference is officially happening again this year. Probably going to be some excellent funny moments to talk over.

They might as well name this conference "The Mass Effect 4 conference starring Mass Effect 4 (which is not named Mass Effect 4) and some other games. Mass Effect 4."

popo

Finally some new blood in the thread!. Don't you scare him off with your moping about the past.

Here fishy fishy. Hold my pocket.

See EA's in a great position this year because where last year they had a bunch of barely functional prototypes of real video games, this year they can do the same thing and call them hot Early Access releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom