• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to myself on stream, it was far less cringe worthty than previous times I've heard my own voice.

Speaking to Vinny and Maya made my week :-D

santeesioux

Okay, this is the second time (that I know of) that you've done this gag. It's starting to get to me, so I have to ask....

Why would you go Cherokee instead of Sioux?

:)

Everyone that says they have an Indian ancestor has a Cherokee princess in their line according to family legend
and much to my embarrassment it turns out the Sioux in mine was actually French Canadian, leaving only my Californian Indian heritage :(

Anjin M

Everyone that says they have an Indian ancestor has a Cherokee princess in their line according to family legend
and much to my embarrassment it turns out the Sioux in mine was actually French Canadian, leaving only my Californian Indian heritage :(
Ha ha! I am satisfied.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the archive... Those AGDQ/SGDQ guys are really cool. They should bring them back at some point to do a speedrun special feature or something.

I know the hack frauds at GBHQ hate Banjo-Kazooie unless it's grafted onto what should have been a Blast Corps game, but I'm pretty interested in the terribly named Yooka-Laylee. And the actual BK platformer that's going to be announced at E3.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh there's missing parts on the twitch archive... It goes from Jeff, Dan, Lang and an indie dev playing a 4 player game to then Will Smith and Norm doing something in the next video.

Is the premium stream much different than the twitch one? I'm confused at what I'm missing right now lol.

Yeah I'm definitely missing on something. I hope the premium one goes up soon.

Eehh.... a standalone feature would be cool, but I don't really want outsiders in existing GB stuff. The GDQ guys were nice enough, but their rapport with the crew was pretty unnatural.

I see what you mean and I wouldn't want it regular. But some GDQ guys know their games. The GDQ streams are entertaining for the skilled speedruns and commentary. Jeff and Brad were into the breaking games aspect and Old Games Show isn't great for that.

theosi

So, I'm kind of new to giantbomb and really only started listening to bombcast regularly in the last year or so and i do enjoy it, but man having vinny and alex in on the last one makes me wish so bad they could be a part of every bombcast. vinny alone adds so much personality to it. He just has to be universally adored, right? I've since gone back and listened to a few old bombcasts with ryan and vinny since i missed the whole ryan davis era and it makes me feel like i missed out on so much :( i immediately understood why ryan is so loved and missed.

Jothel

So, I'm kind of new to giantbomb and really only started listening to bombcast regularly in the last year or so and i do enjoy it, but man having vinny and alex in on the last one makes me wish so bad they could be a part of every bombcast. vinny alone adds so much personality to it. He just has to be universally adored, right? I've since gone back and listened to a few old bombcasts with ryan and vinny since i missed the whole ryan davis era and it makes me feel like i missed out on so much :( i immediately understood why ryan is so loved and missed.

You should go back through Myggen's selections of the best older stuff to watch - it's the third or fourth post in this thread I think, all great.

Jintor

oh man an entire generation (...well kind of) of fans who have know knowledge of ryan

terrifying! do yourself a favour and at least hit up the 'best of gb quicklooks' or just some random bombcast clips on youtube. i throw them on if I'm feeling down.

oh man an entire generation (...well kind of) of fans who have know knowledge of ryan

terrifying! do yourself a favour and at least hit up the 'best of gb quicklooks' or just some random bombcast clips on youtube. i throw them on if I'm feeling down.

And the This Year podcasts for Giant Bomb are great too. Nearly 8 hours of highlights spanning back to 2011 I think, maybe even further.

Tucah

you speak so well
And the This Year podcasts for Giant Bomb are great too. Nearly 8 hours of highlights spanning back to 2011 I think, maybe even further.

I'll second this, if you're trying to catch up/want to hear some highlights of years past, the This Year compilations are the way to go.

I've been going back and listening to each podcast in reverse chronological. One of my friends that's been a fan since 2010 said I'm only a month away from the bombcast after Ryan and he says its one of the best.

BanGy.nz

Banned

Hello and welcome to cool club for cool people who like cool things like Giant Bomb Dot Com and Taylor Swift.

Others have already mentioned the This year podcast. If you enjoy the Bombcast compilation make sure to check out The Hotspot compilations as well since it's pretty much proto-bombcast.

I've been going back and listening to each podcast in reverse chronological. One of my friends that's been a fan since 2010 said I'm only a month away from the bombcast after Ryan and he says its one of the best.
I can't re-listen to that episode.

I've listened to The Wake probably about 3 or 4 times.

It's really fantastic. Very sad, but fantastic.

I tried re-listening to it a few months back as inspiration after I lost somebody close to me. Well that didn't work! probably not the best time for me to tackle a re-listen but it's just too sad for me.
I guess the reason why I like GB so much is because they make me smile, in spite of all other bullshit going on, they make me smile.

The first Bombcast after Ryan's death was announced.

Hmm... announced doesn't seem like the right word there. Revealed? No, worse. Broken? Hmmm. Reported? Maybe, a bit too clinical.

Hey everybody, it's Tuesday!

That was a really touching Bombcast. Very bold of them to continue something Ryan was so involved in without skipping a beat; I think it really showed how much they all cared - not only about Ryan, but about the things he accomplished. And I feel reminiscing about Ryan was a very fitting thing to do after such an unfortunate and unexpected loss. Around that time, it became very clear that Ryan's efforts & presence affected far more than anyone would have guessed. Bomb Island; never forget.

This is my semi-annual "RIP Ryan, I miss you!" post. He did great work, and I, a complete stranger, miss him to this day.

Can I get a link perchance? I'd love to listen to it.

Here you go.

For some perspective: this was posted less than a week after he died.

Hey everybody, it's Tuesday!

That was a really touching Bombcast. Very bold of them to continue something Ryan was so involved in without skipping a beat; I think it really showed how much they all cared - not only about Ryan, but about the things he accomplished. And I feel reminiscing about Ryan was a very fitting thing to do after such an unfortunate and unexpected loss. Around that time, it became very clear that Ryan's efforts & presence affected far more than anyone would have guessed. Bomb Island; never forget.

This is my semi-annual "RIP Ryan, I miss you!" post. He did great work, and I, a complete stranger, miss him to this day.

Here you go.

For some perspective: this was posted less than a week after he died.

It was really brave and touching of them to do that. I don't think Ryan ever missed a Tuesday and it was nice of them to continue that.

It's still the only episode of the show I listened all the way through at once, and the only podcast I've ever gotten teary-eyed listening too. Ryan was the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom