• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

See EA's in a great position this year because where last year they had a bunch of barely functional prototypes of real video games, this year they can do the same thing and call them hot Early Access releases.

This year EA has some actual games to show in Battlefront and Mass Effect 4. Between those two and the annual sports roundup, that's a decent heart of a press conference.

Add in a possible Mass Effect Trilogy remaster, announcements of new Star Wars games, probable announcement of a new Need For Speed, some talk about the next Battlefield game and I think they'll have a much better show this year.

Quentyn

They might as well name this conference "The Mass Effect 4 conference starring Mass Effect 4 (which is not named Mass Effect 4) and some other games. Mass Effect 4."

I sure hope they have a big blowout for Mass Effect this year. I will be incredibly disappointed if all we get is a name, a vague release date and a CG trailer.

The game has been in development forever. Time to show it already.

I think you deserve another chance, how about crowd sourcing the title this time though, the last one sucked (no offence).

i blame that nOOb myggen

i will probably copy the contents change a few of the pictures , a few other things in the writing and get a new header image and bam new ot

See EA's in a great position this year because where last year they had a bunch of barely functional prototypes of real video games, this year they can do the same thing and call them hot Early Access releases.

Last year was basically an EA game jam. It can't be any worse this year, right? RIGHT?

Dannielle would be perfect at GBeast, if that happened. She's hilarious, especially in the bloodborne polygon lp and love her work on idle thumbs.

squadr0n

Any chance they will upload either streams of the big live live show live? I'm a premium member and missed all of it! I watched some of the beginning on twitch but I would really like to see what happened for the premium stream with john drake and ppl. Any idea if this will happen? They have in the past right.

Any chance they will upload either streams of the big live live show live? I'm a premium member and missed all of it! I watched some of the beginning on twitch but I would really like to see what happened for the premium stream with john drake and ppl. Any idea if this will happen? They have in the past right.

It sounded like they planned on uploading everything. With Vinny and Alex still in town yesterday I'm guessing they were wanting to get some stuff(podcasts Danswers/Powerbombcast) done while they were still in town so the archives may have gotten pushed back a day or two.

Patryn

I'm willing to bet that by this time next week both streams will be archived. They're likely just taking their time because they have to break it into parts and the like.

Recall the delays in getting the Extra Life streams archived.

Lelcar

I would gladly do an OT, if I had the strength.

image.php

Danielle is the one who was on Danswers, right? If so, she'd be a great hire. It's just a Shane that she wouldn't be at GBWest, since she seemed to have great chemistry with Dan.

Fox318

I'm not seeing any ads? Are you using the YouTube video option?

If you just upgraded, you probably need to log out and back in.

Nah I'm seeing ads.

Never had the issue before when I was a subscriber.

Like I'm getting banner and video ads on the Mario Party 3 video page.

Fox318

Danielle is the one who was on Danswers, right? If so, she'd be a great hire. It's just a Shane that she wouldn't be at GBWest, since she seemed to have great chemistry with Dan.

They need people on the east coast and they need somebody who is gonna pump out blog posts.

since i paid the extra $5 on the member discount instead of being a jerk and making a new account, i want to request that the Giant Bomb mobile website not log me out every other time i sign in because that's super fucking annoying.

second, for whatever reason when i use my LTE signal to view videos on the site 9/10 times the sound and video get out of sync when selecting Auto quality. I'd rather the video pause for a second or two if that's what's required to keep things in sync, thanks yous.

Nah I'm seeing ads.

Never had the issue before when I was a subscriber.

Like I'm getting banner and video ads on the Mario Party 3 video page.
Click on your avatar in the top right hand corner. Is there a gold or silver medal showing? No medal at all?

[EDIT - If you are also Fox318 on the site, it shows as a gold medal for me. So definitely a problem. I'd shoot support
at giantbomb.com a message, although I believe Rorie has a big backlog of support stuff to wade through after BLLSL.]

Zaph

since i paid the extra $5 on the member discount instead of being a jerk and making anew account, i want to request that the Giant Bomb mobile website not log me out every other time i sign in because that's super fucking annoying.

second, for whatever reason when i use my LTE signal to view videos on the site 9/10 times the sound and video get out of sync when selecting Auto quality. I'd rather the video pause for a second or two if that's what's required to keep things in sync, thanks yous.

Yeah, I get a bunch of issues with the mobile site too. Thankfully you can avoid most video issues by using the Video Buddy app.

Fox318

Click on your avatar in the top right hand corner. Is there a gold or silver medal showing? No medal at all?

[EDIT - If you are also Fox318 on the site, it shows as a gold medal for me. So definitely a problem. I'd shoot support
at giantbomb.com a message, although I believe Rorie has a big backlog of support stuff to wade through after BLLSL.]

X5xndJw.png

Plus the mobile page is a little finicky.

Its a shame the best way to watch giantbomb videos on mobile is a 3rd party app.

My main complaint with the mobile site is you can't see the 'coming up' schedule as far as I'm aware. That said, I use Live Bomb on desktop but haven't tried that with a mobile version of Chrome.

Fox318

My main complaint with the mobile site is you can't see the 'coming up' schedule as far as I'm aware. That said, I use Live Bomb on desktop but haven't tried that with a mobile version of Chrome.

At least they have their stuff set up in a way where other parties can do stuff like the app.

If they released an app it probably wouldn't be updated often and would be dropped like the ios app.

skynidas

Banned

nope, that's not her. Danielle is someone that works for polygon and it's on the idle thumbs podcast. i don't like her too much to be honest

Tucah

you speak so well

It's not a huge deal I guess but this has always been my biggest frustration with the mobile site.

Patryn

popo

I have no idea who those two women are really (aside from one of them posting some awful kotaku clickbait) but a gay woman hire is like an 8.6 on the diversity scale. Would be on board just to shut the haters up.

Falifax

Does anybody outside of America have any issues buying stuff from their store? Decided to buy that Luchadeer shirt and there aren't any shipping methods available for my country, wasn't a problem in the past.

Looks like they revamped the store and haven't included more options yet.

I'm surprised they haven't come up with some kind of series where Vinny just plays crappy sim games. Hopefully they show up a good amount on GBeast's new bad games series.

tuxfool

Banned
since i paid the extra $5 on the member discount instead of being a jerk and making a new account, i want to request that the Giant Bomb mobile website not log me out every other time i sign in because that's super fucking annoying.

Sounds like you should file a bug report?

Noaloha

Been watching some videos, and was surprised to see that they do straight up do Quick Looks and Let's Plays now.

Polygon's Tabletop Simulator quicklook might be the funniest videogame thing I've ever seen. The no-commentary 'jazz' section at the end had me in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom