• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

may the first be with you ha ha did i do that right?
This has basically been the only thread I post in anymore.
Yeah, I'm not too heavy of a poster, but I post mostly in here and sometimes in other threads and it's always weird when I see other GAFduders in random threads that I post. It's like I forget that we're all part of this grander site, and it's a nice treat to see other GB fans outside of home. I feel compelled to have a duder's back if they're having a hard time in any given thread as well. I've definitely cut back on posting at the giantbomb.com forums since coming here too.
GB just needs to somehow make a 24h premium channel that goes through all their content randomly.
Mega64 does this on twitch 24/7 (called Mega64 TV) and it's pretty cool, GB should totally do that.
It's kinda crazy I've been listening to these guys for almost 10 years, and still haven't gotten sick of it whatsoever. I could watch/listen forever.

Started in 2006 with The Hotspot.
Same here. You've got two years on me though, I started in 2008 when Giant Bomb was invented. Honestly the site that I've most consistently visited in my entire life. It's hard to remember what my use for the internet was before 2008. I'll even go through phases when I'm sick of playing video games for a long while and yet I'll still consume all GB content. It's like ingrained in my natural routine so matter where I am in life.

danm999

The GOTY 2014 casts are always good if you want to listen to some embarrassing stuff from the guys.

I've listened to all the GOTYs from inception to 2014 this past week (don't worry, it's because I'm crazy) and 2014 strikes me as a very acrimonious series of podcasts.

I suspect it's mostly because 2014 was a pretty shit year for a lot of prominent games and franchises. It was simultaneously a year where the promise of the next gen sort of fell flat, where games were released with baffling and hideous bugs and problems, and where a ton of promising stuff got delayed/removed.

danm999

he sure did, said it in one of the 2011 podcasts. I've been relistening to them at work, all the way back from the beginning.

Vinny spent like half of 2011 playing Witcher games, haha

Yeah so that leads me to believe they interacted a few times. I mean I think they were on a few E3 Bombcasts together.

Seems like Ryan stared into the Ryckert and the Ryckert stared back.

As for Vinny, there are worse ways to spend a 2011.

Lelcar

I am always weirded out by the increasingly fast passage of time.

i was 14 years old when they started in the basement

Youse a young'un! I'm now trying to imagine what my life would have been like if Giant Bomb existed when I was a teenager. You know I might have even disliked the site if I was a teenager, I think I would have been sensitive to the jaded opinions on things that I like, something that I stopped giving a shit about in my 20s. I was too into JRPGs and that ilk back then as well, so GB wouldn't have even been on my radar. GB definitely came around at the perfect spot in my life after my tastes and interests evolved from all that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yes, but only if the pizza had bad toppings.

What if we just make bad pizza altogether, but use nacho cheese instead of tomato sauce?
taste-test-we-inhaled-little-caesars-new-pretzel-crust-pizza

3 fucking years?! if you had asked me I'd say it was like a year ago they were at Dave's for chili to announce exciting news

time man

time sucks

Someone needs to ask dan if he's had a Wendy's Baconator before because, brah, it's got mayo.

I don't like mayo myself, its texture is gross and i hate how it tastes and what it does to other foods.

but i really like baconators

so i'm a torn man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom