• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughlin

Same here. You've got two years on me though, I started in 2008 when Giant Bomb was invented. Honestly the site that I've most consistently visited in my entire life. It's hard to remember what my use for the internet was before 2008. I'll even go through phases when I'm sick of playing video games for a long while and yet I'll still consume all GB content. It's like ingrained in my natural routine so matter where I am in life.

Totally. I've been through many phases where I've played no games (mostly due to having no money) but still listen to GB. I've no doubt spent way more time watching them than actually playing games.

Lelcar

Someone needs to ask dan if he's had a Wendy's Baconator before because, brah, it's got mayo.

I don't like mayo myself, its texture is gross and i hate how it tastes and what it does to other foods.

but i really like baconators

so i'm a torn man.

I'm with you, but I do accept that I enjoy mayo in moderation only as long as I didn't consciously put the mayo on myself. If given the choice I will never pick mayo, but if it's already on a burger or in macaroni salad or whatever then I am totally OK with eating it. Also, as long as it's not dripping off the sides, because I don't like looking at it. It looks industrial in a way that's jarring to me. Yeah, my relationship with mayo is slightly neurotic. It's one of my weird quirks that I'm known for among my friends.

There's one time at a fast food place I always used to get a chicken burger and it has mayo on it and I was OK with that. I usually just order the meal number and get what's given to me, until one day when the clerk asked me if I want mayo on it and just the fact that I was given the option I had to refuse the mayo. And then it turned into this whole thing where I had to pick a new ingredient and I didn't know what to pick etc etc.

Lelcar

Mayo is just an emulsion of egg yolk, oil and vinegar. Dunno why people get so freaked out about it.

The reason is because we're all different and that's it. Some people like certain textures and other people don't. Some people like certain tastes and other people don't. Some people hate egg yolk and vinegar.

With me it's just an irrational mental thing specific to mayo, added by the fact that I didn't grow up with mayo because my mother wasn't ever into using it as an ingredient in anything.

And yes, I agree that it is gross looking in a jar. I mentioned this above, but it looks factory-made in a way that's unappealing to me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean if you like ketchup I don't see how a red goop is less gross than a white goop.

But yeah that's fine, I'm not really going to argue seriously about irrational things. I have my own irrationality too, seeing that I can't touch or look at onions without raising some sort of fight or flight instinct in me.

I mean if you like ketchup I don't see how a red goop is less gross than a white goop.

But yeah that's fine, I'm not really going to argue seriously about irrational things. I have my own irrationality too, seeing that I can't touch or look at onions without raising some sort of fight or flight instinct in me.

see, the only fight i put up against onions is that i dont want it on a burger and I ESPECIALLY dont want it on a pizza.

They fucked up and put it on a pizza i ordered once, i tried to take more that 3 bites from it and i just couldn't. Called Papa johns up and told them they could take it back, i couldnt stomach it. All i would taste is the onions, it completely takes over the flavor.

But i do love a good salad or ceviche with onions.

what makes it so different than other condiments?

I seen peanut butter go bad and it ain't pretty.

Peanut Butter tends to not last long enough to go bad around my house so i wouldn't know what it's like. Plus, it tastes great and makes everything better.

kershner

Banned
Picky eaters annoy the hell out of me. Dan was killing me on the BLLSL.

It ain't gonna kill ya just eat it.

Edit: I'm bored at work on Friday - what's the best Ryan Davis content featuring Mr. David Lang?

Picky eaters annoy the hell out of me. Dan was killing me on the BLLSL.

It ain't gonna kill ya just eat it.

Agreed. It's the worst where he ate all that crap before, but then acted like the grilled cheese was the worst food imaginable. He thought mayo was on it, so he like backed away and it took convincing from everyone else that there wasn't mayo on it.... But Yellow Russian.... no problem. My mind hurts thinking about it. Just try it and stop being a baby. If you don't like it, at least you can say "I tired it, and I didn't care for it"

Myggen

Agreed. It's the worst where he ate all that crap before, but then acted like the grilled cheese was the worst food imaginable. He thought mayo was on it, so he like backed away and it took convincing from everyone else that there wasn't mayo on it.... But Yellow Russian.... no problem. My mind hurts thinking about it. Just try it and stop being a baby. If you don't like it, at least you can say "I tired it, and I didn't care for it"

Eh, it doesn't hurt anyone that you're a picky eater. I know plenty of picky eater, one of my best friends refuses to eat anything with fish in it. And my response has always been "do what you want, who gives a shit."

I wouldn't call myself a picky eater even though I have some weird food issues, but I'm not an adventurous eater. I've never cared about trying new types of food, and generally just eat what's tried and true for me while trying to eat kinda healthy. I very rarely eat much local food when I'm in other countries for example.

Lelcar

Just want to remind everyone that this really cute video exists of the Giant Bomb crew each leaving a video message for a fan of the site who couldn't make it to the BLLSL. I like all the differing responses.

Also, I just noticed that Brad is drinking beer out of 3 plastic cups all stacked together.

Patryn

Is Vinny still around in SF for UPF?

Alex tweeted something about airport massagers, so it sounded like he already went home.

Speaking of food. Anyone watch that Butter Burger video on Tested?

That shit seems disgusting but I am tempted to give it a go.

First reaction: That's not the butterburger I'm used to seeing

Second reaction: That looks unholy

Third reaction: Wait, it's a regular burger with a bunch of butter and salt. Of course it's good.

crap, I was hoping to have a VInny and Alex UPF. That would have been fun. At least we got a ton of update on the new studio.

Side note, does anyone know what that new series is called that they debuted at the BLLS? I could never understand what they were calling it.

Patryn

crap, I was hoping to have a VInny and Alex UPF. That would have been fun. At least we got a ton of update on the new studio.

Side note, does anyone know what that new series is called that they debuted at the BLLS? I could never understand what they were calling it.

Better With Nacho Cheese? I'm looking forward to future entries in the series.

Blight Club.

Anjin M

EXT. COLLEGE - NIGHT

Snow falls gently on the grounds. In the backgrounds, a dignified eighteenth century classroom is softly lit by outdoor lights. A single light, on the second floor, is still burning.

INT. COMPUTER ROOM

The camera pans around the late-sixties equipment in the room, looking up to the huge nine-track tape drive. Empty chinese food boxes litter the room.

COSMO​
Posit. Giant Bomb is in need of a Senior News Editor.​

MARTY​
Oh, good one.​

COSMO​
Consequence.​

MARTY​
Um, they need someone with extensive experience. Result?​

COSMO​
They look for someone who has written news, hosted podcasts,
produced videos, livestreams, and who just happens to be
moving to New York. Conclusion?​

MARTY​
Giant Bomb hires Danielle Riendeau as their Senior News Editor.​

COSMO​
We're going to change the work, Marty.​

Megasoum

Banned
EXT. COLLEGE - NIGHT

Snow falls gently on the grounds. In the backgrounds, a dignified eighteenth century classroom is softly lit by outdoor lights. A single light, on the second floor, is still burning.

INT. COMPUTER ROOM

The camera pans around the late-sixties equipment in the room, looking up to the huge nine-track tape drive. Empty chinese food boxes litter the room.

COSMO​
Posit. Giant Bomb is in need of a Senior News Editor.​

MARTY​
Oh, good one.​

COSMO​
Consequence.​

MARTY​
Um, they need someone with extensive experience. Result?​

COSMO​
They look for someone who has written news, hosted podcasts,
produced videos, livestreams, and who just happens to be
moving to New York. Conclusion?​

MARTY​
Giant Bomb hires Danielle Riendeau as their Senior News Editor.​

COSMO​
We're going to change the work, Marty.​

Yeah the theory was floating around here this morning. Would make sense and would be good. She was great on Danswers.

BearPawB

Banned

She seems pretty happy with Polygon

I like her, and think her and Vinny would get along famously.
Really, they would bring the best out of eachother.

She just needs to get rid of some of her corporate-ness. She can be a bit gamespot-y

Also, could she still be on Idle Thumbs? They don't do skype recordings really.

Just want to remind everyone that this really cute video exists of the Giant Bomb crew each leaving a video message for a fan of the site who couldn't make it to the BLLSL. I like all the differing responses.

Also, I just noticed that Brad is drinking beer out of 3 plastic cups all stacked together.

What she, apparently, really missed out on was some dope ass hot dogs.

Anjin M

She seems pretty happy with Polygon

I like her, and think her and Vinny would get along famously.
Really, they would bring the best out of eachother.

She just needs to get rid of some of her corporate-ness. She can be a bit gamespot-y

Also, could she still be on Idle Thumbs? They don't do skype recordings really.
The episode where Chris Skyped into the cast was a disaster. Danielle would get stomped all over if she's not in the room.

This. Is. Art.
Squee!

Jason Oestreicher doesn't care about Jennifer ;(

They should bring nuts and bolts to UPF every day and play the same set of challenges each time.

Each week we watch their creations evolve from bricks with 4 wheels to beautiful and efficient masterwork creations

repeater

I haven't been keeping track of all the speculations, but isn't the Danielle theory made less likely by the fact that her GF wrote that she would need to convince Danielle to move to NYC? If it was Danielle who got the job, wouldn't she be the one doing the convincing?

After looking at the Live Show, and the latest Unfinished, I feel like the Iron Galaxy published games are all games no one else wanted to touch.

Myggen

Brad with Nuts & Bolts or Dan (or Drew?) with BK is my guess.

Doubt Dan will bring BK because he's on record saying he doesn't like that game very much. And I agree, I always thought BK was highly mediocre with fucking terrible framerate built around a collect-a-thon that was never fun. But it's fondly remembered by a lot of people, so my opinion of it is probably a minority opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom