• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
Doubt Dan will bring BK because he's on record saying he doesn't like that game very much. And I agree, I always thought BK was highly mediocre with fucking terrible framerate built around a collect-a-thon that was never fun.

Oh, I couldn't remember if had talked about BK in the past but for some reason I just associate N64 game = Dan.

Accurate assessment of BK as well.

A whole lot people people are blowing Yooka-Laylee out of all proportion. They are expecting something genre defining from a $15 product. Never going to happen.

The Last Tinker: City of Colors came and went without anyone batting an eyelid at the same price. It was not a terrible game, but it was not great. That is what you get for $15.

People need to calm down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A whole lot people people are blowing Yooka-Laylee out of all proportion. They are expecting something genre defining from a $15 product. Never going to happen.

The Last Tinker: City of Colors came and went without anyone batting an eyelid at the same price. It was not a terrible game, but it was not great. That is what you get for $15.

Cities Skylines was 30 dollars and it's the best city builder of the last 13 years.
zWVbK.gif

Myggen

I think people are just excited for something new by some of the most central ex Rare guys, and a new 3D platformer that will actually (maybe) control well. I was never a big fan of Rare, but I get where the excitement is coming from.

Cities Skylines was 30 dollars and it's the best city builder of the last 13 years.
zWVbK.gif

There is a big different between building interesting platforming playgrounds and putting together city blocks

There are apparently 6 people working on the gameplay creation - one additional writer and three music composers

That is not going to make a huge intresting game. Maybe a small interesting game, or a large game with repetitive environments.

It is not going to be what people want or expect though.

talking about ukulele, I can't believe the fanfare it's getting. It's like....IMO it's not gonna be that great. There's a reason why Banjo Kazooie wasn't made into an annual franchise or anything. It's being waaaay over hyped.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nuts and Bolts was not good. You're all just hypnotized by Brad's hair.

I don't imagine the other Banjo and Kazooie games were as good as people remember, but Nuts and Bolts was the only one I've actually played.

I see Nuts and Bolts getting shit on all the time, it's crazy.

It's that damn JonTron video. Blasphemers, the lot of them.

I hope Yooka-Laylee is more like Kazooie and less like Tooie or DK64. Seems like on the Kickstarter page they acknowledged they went overboard with collectathon stuff in the later games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
"Mario Sunshine was a gamecube game and a piece of shit."
-Geff Jerstmann

he's right.

Banjo Kazooie is awesome.

I mean, look at that. It's a bear attacking giant vegetables. How can anyone find that fun? Like the fuck man. 'OH HO HO THOSE VEGETABLES STOLE MY HONEY! I BETTER PUNCH THEM OR WHATEVER BEARS DO, RIGHT BIRD?' 'CAW' 'WOW BIRD THAT IS REALLY INSIGHTFUL'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom