• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really amazing just how much better the Banjo games look compared to Mario 64. We tend remember past generations of consoles as having largely homogenous graphical fidelity but the difference is night and day.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It is really amazing just how much better the Banjo games look compared to Mario 64. We tend remember past generations of consoles as having largely homogenous graphical fidelity but the difference is night and day.

This is also the uprezzed 360 version. They're both pretty ugly.

CD9CVEHUIAA5GHw.png:large

Liamc723

I grew up playing Spyro The Dragon games and looking back on it, I really don't think I could go back and play them.

Crash Bandicoot though, now you're talking. That's the series that's actually good.

I havent donated to a kickstarter but if some ex naughty dog people wanted to make Jak and Daxter 1-2 I would donate to that.

But I think a bunch of the ex Jak people are responsible for Sonic Boom Wii U game so maybe its better they dont.

daydream

Banned
i played a LOT of going quackers on pc, it was pretty fun

the ps2 version is really different (and not as good), played that some years later

i wonder which platforms got which version

Zocano

Banjo Kazooie was better than Mario 64.

There I SAID IT. THE TRUTH.

HA.

I still like Crash Bandicoot 2 more than either of those.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
talking about ukulele, I can't believe the fanfare it's getting. It's like....IMO it's not gonna be that great. There's a reason why Banjo Kazooie wasn't made into an annual franchise or anything. It's being waaaay over hyped.
It's funny how they just talked about Kickstarter on the Bombcast and said they needed more than "hey I made this thing in the past, I want to make another one" to mobilize the masses. And now here we are.

It's funny how they just talked about Kickstarter on the Bombcast and said they needed more than "hey I made this thing in the past, I want to make another one" to mobilize the masses. And now here we are.

Yup. It's exploiting childhood memories. Like Mega Number 9.

Myggen

They didn't say that as a rule that you'll never see a game like that blow up again, but more that they believed people were in general becoming more sceptical about that kind of thing. This thing was always gonna be pretty big because of how much nostalgia people have for Rare and these guy's proven track record, but I didn't think it was gonna be this big.

Honestly one of complaints about MN9 I've heard from at least one backer is that it's very much not classic Mega Man in terms of gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom