• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Patrick is the first person I've seen not like The Old Blood. Even says it has an "unforgiving" stealth section which is weird because if that jabroni Dan Ryckert has no issues with a gameplay section I can't imagine it would give anyone else any issues (besides maybe Brad).

I played through the whole thing and I couldn't disagree more with Patrick. I think it's an even better game than the original title.

I can't remember; was there an incentive in the scenario for drinking the water or was it just "would you"?

Because it's funnier the first way.

I think it was a gun-to-your-head kind of situation, but it's been a while since I listened to it. It's part of the scientist beef series.

I think Drew is the new measurement for "if this guy can do it" stealth sections

Just give him a grenade and everything will be fine.

Haunted

Drew's going to play Project CARS tomorrow and I'm going to say, 'That looks fun, I'll buy that.' Then never play it again 3 days later. Just like F1.
That sounds about right for how most people play pretty much every racing game.

I was this close to purchasing Dirt Rally a couple days ago, but reminding myself of the fact that I would love it - then never play it again, stayed my hand.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really have no idea man, I'm not a big motorsports or car guy in general. Just curious as to how the sound of a car can make someone stop watching it.

Megasoum

Banned
Kinda weird that they did the whole Project CARS quicklook without mentioning the fact that the game is also coming out on consoles... Even at the end Jeff only talks about it being released on Steam.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Real talk: I am glad Buck Bumble exists just for this song.

I have never heard of Buck Bumble, yet I somehow know that song.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if I learn now that this was a #1 Hit in Europe at some point.
I mean, Crazy Frog was a #1 Hit in multiple countries. And that song is waaaaaaaaay worse.

Hasn't CARS been a Steam thing for a while now? I could have sworn I remember it on a UPF doing dumb physics stuff in their sandbox. That could be why it slipped his mind to mention the console release.

Xater

I have never heard of Buck Bumble, yet I somehow know that song.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if I learn now that this was a #1 Hit in Europe at some point.
I mean, Crazy Frog was a #1 Hit in multiple countries. And that song is waaaaaaaaay worse.

I knew about Buck Bumble. I still remember reading reviews about it because it looked interesting to me. Was kinda hoping for a Star Fox like fix. Didn't turn out to be a great game though...

def sim

Kinda weird that they did the whole Project CARS quicklook without mentioning the fact that the game is also coming out on consoles... Even at the end Jeff only talks about it being released on Steam.

They forget sometimes. I want to say they've only mentioned the PS4 versions of some multiplatform games, though I don't remember which. Whatevs, it happens.

Hasn't CARS been a Steam thing for a while now? I could have sworn I remember it on a UPF doing dumb physics stuff in their sandbox. That could be why it slipped his mind to mention the console release.

Developmental builds for Project Cars were made available to backers, IIRC.

Patrick is the first person I've seen not like The Old Blood. Even says it has an "unforgiving" stealth section which is weird because if that jabroni Dan Ryckert has no issues with a gameplay section I can't imagine it would give anyone else any issues (besides maybe Brad).
Did you see him flail through the Evil Within in the quick look? He's not very good at games.

Fantastapotamus

I really don't know what he is talking about. I "stealthed" my way through that game with two shotguns. Weird.

Bump to the bump to the bump to the bass.

(le shay)

Are the stealth sections in The Old Blood similar to the ones in The New Order?
There is a 20 minute stealth section with large enemies towards the very beginning of the game. You can certainly go loud but it's not recommended. After that the stealth encounters are like in the New Order where you can sneak around until you get caught and then go ham.

It's not really unforgiving either, very basic cover to cover sneaking.

Fantastapotamus

Are the stealth sections in The Old Blood similar to the ones in The New Order?

Pretty similar. The beginning is stealth heavy but it's really easy since there are not many enemies, they have a clear path and are very slow. After that you can be as stealthy as you want.

Watching yesterday's old games show:

Dan: "Do bees have hands?" serious question, not trying to be funny

To be fair, I knew what he was trying to say. It's the sort of question phrasing I'd get from students when they don't know the right word to use; they'll use the easiest analogous thing that they are familiar with.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did you see him flail through the Evil Within in the quick look? He's not very good at games.
He's really good at some games. Like...he beat Binding of Isaac on his first fucking try. His Necrodancer videos also look like the game's a breeze.

He doesn't think the current sound is terrible. I also don#t mind it. A silly reason to stop enjoying Formula 1 tbh.
I don't know man...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS4Dh_EAfJI

edit: It's gotten a little better in 2015, though

def sim

There is a 20 minute stealth section with large enemies towards the very beginning of the game. You can certainly go loud but it's not recommended. After that the stealth encounters are like in the New Order where you can sneak around until you get caught and then go ham.

It's not really unforgiving either, very basic cover to cover sneaking.

Pretty similar. The beginning is stealth heavy but it's really easy since there are not many enemies, they have a clear path and are very slow. After that you can be as stealthy as you want.

Ah I see, thanks. That sounds like a pretty laid back stealth segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom