• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

Might as well tackle some California related questions:

Do a lot of people out west in California water their grass (when there is no drought ofc)? I live in the east coast/mid-Atlantic, and I never see or hear of anyone watering their grass. Yet I keep hearing them talk about people watering their grass when the whole drought thing comes up.

Not only to we have to water the grass, my homeowners association would fine me if I don't. So even in the middle of the drought, I have to water sufficiently to keep the front yard in nice condition. It's worse here in Southern California than in the north where Jeff is. Anywhere inland in SoCal would be a desert without heavy irrigation.

I honestly don't know how people do it. Like I have a 15 min bus ride and if I don't get a seat I'm pissed

I drive 30-40 minutes to work every day. That's just where the job was. We live much closer to my wife's job, so that's nice. But probably put a thousand miles a month on my car due to the commute. As someone else said, I get a lot of podcasts done in that time.

thanks, i just found it myself by entering "till the record stops" into google, haha

didn't expect it to turn up with such generic search tems
I think he had to change his name recently due to some legal stuff. A shame because every time one of his songs starts with "It's Saint Pepsi, bitch!" I giggle like an idiot.

So Jeff said that if the schedules lined up there'd be livestreams on Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri.

Tues was Bloodborne, Weds was Spring Cleaning, Fri will be UPF - any ideas what today's will be?

Question for bloodborne people.

All this tralk about Hunters and Kirk Hammers I am hearing has me wondering. Are the hair / beard options good enough in the creator to make a good Triple H equivalent?

Renpatsu

Stare at image and imagine Jeff talking over radio.
DYR5o99.png

Tucah

you speak so well
So Jeff said that if the schedules lined up there'd be livestreams on Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri.

Tues was Bloodborne, Weds was Spring Cleaning, Fri will be UPF - any ideas what today's will be?

Jeff said something on his drive today to the effect of having to "check on some stuff" to make sure the stream can happen so some sort of old games stream (Amiga?) is a safe guess, I'd say.

I have never played kane and lynch

It's awesome, do it. Characters are great, sets are great, overall tone of the game beats the hell out of the drab nonsense that's the majority of shooters. It has some issues, but the series truly tried to do something different, and so did it's sequel. I could honestly write a damn book - Kane & Lynch is awesome.

Christ Jeff has a far commute.

Then again, mine's about 30 minutes - hour to school depending on where on Campus my classes are since I have to take a bus to some of them and it fucking sucks.

It's awesome, do it. Characters are great, sets are great, overall tone of the game beats the hell out of the drab nonsense that's the majority of shooters. It has some issues, but the series truly tried to do something different, and so did it's sequel. I could honestly write a damn book - Kane & Lynch is awesome.

Kane & Lynch 2 is a game I really wanted to like.

klonere

Banned
Kane & Lynch 2 is a game I really wanted to like.

Yeah this nails it for me too, I wanted to love the stupidly pulpy, skeezy, voyeuristic style but sadly the game itself was just too underwhelming to forgive. They had a look and by god they went with it. Games of that scale taking those sort of chances are gone now.

santeesioux

I live in Southern Oregon, which is basically Northern California weather this time of year, and it is indeed very dry and very bright, and drought is in full effect.

Looks outside

I wish it'd stop raining.

I really hate clickbait threads on GAF but I know complaining about it in said thread will lead to a ban so I have to bite my tongue so many times.

Yeah, I saw Evillore the other day ban some guys because they were complaining about too many BB threads.

Complaining against the existence of threads I think is against the ToA and can get you banned.

The rules are fairly consistent anyway so that's really all you can ask for. Repeat offenders of pointless thread creation tend to get juniored pretty quickly anyway.

Now for the fun part of re-watching a video that I went to sleep listening to (spring cleaning): trying to figure out where I need to skip to!

Oh, man

I feel asleep in the middle of Drew's fight with the Fear, and it was murder trying to figure out when I last remembered seeing something.

you see because it's like that engrish from the NES game

Bacon

I have a 2 hour a day commute to work. yeah, you sure as hell keep up with your podcasts when you gotta drive in traffic that long.

Me too except I ride a train so I can play mobile/3ds/vita games while listening to podcasts. It works out in the short term but no way in hell I can sustain this commute.

Bacon

I just looked up the public transit options for my commute. It's 2 hours vs my 35 minute drive.

I mean I commute into Manhattan so driving isn't an option plus it wouldn't cut much time for me anyway. It might cut 30 minutes off my commute.

yeah it takes me between 80 minutes and 2 hours roundtrip usually.

sucks but what can you do sometimes. that's why i listen to so many podcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom