• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

I wonder how long The Sorrow fight will be when Drew gets there

edit: I hate being at the top of a new page..

edit2: To stick with the anime talk and celebrate new page, here's something from the last time I enjoyed anime video games:
1671709-1621990_persona4jeff1.gif

Mully

I'd rather go to doggy hell then heaven if I was a dog. It'd probably be so clean. Vacuum cleaners chasing every dog, and bitches for days.

I wonder how long The Sorrow fight will be when Drew gets there

edit: I hate being at the top of a new page..

edit2: To stick with the anime talk and celebrate new page, here's something from the last time I enjoyed anime video games:
]

Well if we take Drews and Dans interaction in the spring cleaning stream as any indication, Drew doesn't want to talk about it~

Zebetite

Banned
A new season of anime shows is about to start, let's talk about our most hyped shows!

I hope Yahari's second season is good and otherwise I'm just waiting for the internet to tell me if anything else is a must-watch. And the last handful of JoJo episodes. And my favorite anime, a leftover from the winter season...

Metal Gear Scanlon

- J - D -

Well if we take Drews and Dans interaction in the spring cleaning stream as any indication, Drew doesn't want to talk about it~

I wonder what the maximum amount of time that one could spend in The Sorrow "fight". It'd be pretty funny/sad if the fight lasted a whole 2-hour episode.

Not that that's an entirely new concept for MGScanlon.

Rainmaker

Banned
Dan is watching NXT live. Damn, I wanna go.

Stephanie McMahon streamed a bit of the first half through her phone. Couldn't see the ring well but the crowd was enthralling. It made me so much more jealous. How anyone could dislike wrestling after watching some of the NXT specials or something like PWG is beyond me but those people are out there!

chrixter

Was the PAX East panel on game reviews with Jeff ever recorded/uploaded? It was titled "Game Review Over: Critiquing the Way We Critique Games". Can't find it anywhere.

jaina

Was the PAX East panel on game reviews with Jeff ever recorded/uploaded? It was titled "Game Review Over: Critiquing the Way We Critique Games". Can't find it anywhere.

I don't think so. The official streaming channels were from different locations. Search does not turn up anything and neither Jeff nor Alexa tweeted a recording or mixlr stream.

Great UFP again. We just had people in this thread saying how the problem is someone playing a game and everyone else talking unrelated stuff, but at least this time it seemed like they focused on the games quite a bit. All that Sting stuff was really dumb, I'd watch wrestling if it was just more of that.
Is it weird that they put the Axiom verge review in the sidebar?

I think anything they have queued up for publishing at a later point is listed there. They have the review ready and it's waiting to be published when the embargo lifts so it shows up. Most reviews they've finished pre-release are on the list at some point.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah I enjoyed it.

Maybe it's the rorie factor.

Watching the UPF makes me sad, Colors always get shafted and it was a great Sonic game :/

Sonic was having a real come back for a few years before it crashed again on the Wii U/wii spin offs.

Awww man, Alex & Vinny did the Forza Fast & Furious thing? Not having Jeff do that Quick Look is damn near criminal.

Watching the UPF makes me sad, Colors always get shafted and it was a great Sonic game :/

Sonic was having a real come back for a few years before it crashed again on the Wii U/wii spin offs.

Also a lot of the stuff Drew is talking about with adding progression & such is totally in Sonic Generations, which is also pretty decent.

Jason is right though, the Sonic Advance games are really great. To a lesser extend the Rush games for DS are worth a punt too.

Also a lot of the stuff Drew is talking about with adding progression & such is totally in Sonic Generations, which is also pretty decent.

Yeah I remember people saying Generations (the classic stages especially) was actually pretty good when it was released. I don't think they've brought it up in any of their discussions, maybe Drew doesn't even know about the game?

edit edit: nvm, someone posted an old article :(

popo

Such a strict embargo on an indie 16-bit platformer - dan could not even say he had been playing it on the podcast - seems odd. Is Sony publishing it?

repeater

The way it's been talked about on the podcast, I expect a 5/5 if Dan's reviewing it.

Otherwise 4/5 because Bret hates games.

Gintoki

I've actually played Project D Online around the time it launched on steam. The most players I've seen online at the same time was 4.

hamchan

I feel Drew is enjoying MGS3 now that he's in the rhythm of trying to sneak with tranq guns, and then when it all goes wrong just blasting all the bad guys. Basically how most people play MGS.

jaina

Anyways, we'll get good Axiom Verge discussion because at least Dan and Brad played it, and in the Arcade Archives 4 QL it also appeared on Jeff's PS4 bar.

Such a strict embargo on an indie 16-bit platformer - dan could not even say he had been playing it on the podcast - seems odd. Is Sony publishing it?

Embargo was set by the developer but review copies were provided by sony

I think it is becoming more common for indies to have strict embargo noW

Hotline miami 2 was at launch

Tucah

you speak so well
Definitely looking forward to the Axiom Verge coverage on Monday. Trying to finish up Bloodborne this weekend so I can give my undivided attention to that on Tuesday, provided it turns out to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom