• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
FKIjJfL.png

real bromance

Myggen

Watching the Spring Cleaning video, and this is way more entertaining than it has any right to be.

Granted I haven't watched the old games stream or UPF yet, but going by the other stuff and what people are saying about those streams, this was a hell of a week of GB content.

Megasoum

Banned
Definitely looking forward to the Axiom Verge coverage on Monday. Trying to finish up Bloodborne this weekend so I can give my undivided attention to that on Tuesday, provided it turns out to be good.

Yeah I'm really curious for Axiom too...

I loooooooove Metroidvania games but never actually played Metroid so I don't have the whole nostalgia angle about Axiom.

popo

Embargo was set by the developer but review copies were provided by sony

I think it is becoming more common for indies to have strict embargo noW

Hotline miami 2 was at launch

I guess if you are confident in your game then you can call the terms.

I am so used to indie being kickstarted/early access - and even before that it seemed like they gave out press bulids like candy, trying to get anyone to talk about their games.

I not sure tight embargoes is the best aproach for this game though as I feel sure none of my more casual friends have ever heard of it and the general public are likely to give it the "lol shit gfx" and "why isn't it free on PS Plus?" treatment.

newjeruse

Vinny has basically been radio silent on Bloodborne. I thought he was into the Soul games more than anyone. I'd love watch him play it.

Lelcar

"Indie" as a phrase just means "small game" now. It's inaccurate, but like most words in society, it has moved away from its original definition or context.

I hope they do a post mania powerbombcast and now wait until just before the next PPV.

Dan will probably have a bunch of good stuff to talk about since he seems to be having a blast. Want to hear him talk about that stuff.

Where is my Papa Vinny's Bloodborne Content? :(

Yeah. I need that.

Also lets take a bet. What are the odds Brad says on the next podcasts "I am waiting for that Bloodborne patch that will shorten the loading times" and then he never plays the game again?

Mully

Yeah, I'm not gonna read too much into this, but...

Please be good.

It's been Happ's passion project for years. I think the embargo is intended to keep the player in the dark about the story for as long as possible. He was very clear about that when I asked him. He did not want any part of the story to be revealed until the game is played in full.

jaina

It's been Happ's passion project for years. I think the embargo is intended to keep the player in the dark about the story for as long as possible. He was very clear about that when I asked him. He did not want any part of the story to be revealed until the game is played in full.

Thanks, there is no better explanation than word of god.

jaina

I'm uploading every episode of On the Spot onto my YouTube channel if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crunchman2600/videos

I'm not sure if this is even legal, but I haven't seen any sources to view this stuff, legitimate or otherwise.

I was a huge fan of the show.

Edit: I should say, every episode (mostly) up until around Jeff Gerstmann was fired.

awesome! thank you very much from me and mankind's history!

chogidogs

Black Dragon Bloodbourne stream coming in half an hour. Loving the game so far. It keeps putting me in weird places and it's making me paranoid as shit.

I didn't expect the embargo either. He was pretty cagey about the plot of the game when asked, but I never thought there'd be a strict embargo.

You have to remember that Axiom Verge review code has been available to outlets since near the start of March. This was done to give them good solid time to play it. They had to embargo it, or some reviews would have been rushed up by many outlets weeks ago. The embargo is good in this case, as it gives the good sites time to produce good content.

Falifax

I'm uploading every episode of On the Spot onto my YouTube channel if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crunchman2600/videos

I'm not sure if this is even legal, but I haven't seen any sources to view this stuff, legitimate or otherwise.

I was a huge fan of the show.

Edit: I should say, every episode (mostly) up until around when Jeff Gerstmann was fired.

This is great!

And the first video I click on has Alex with a full ass beard in it, holy shit.

Definitely looking forward to the Axiom Verge coverage on Monday. Trying to finish up Bloodborne this weekend so I can give my undivided attention to that on Tuesday, provided it turns out to be good.

I will might force my self to take a break from BB to play axiom verge

then i might be buying toukiden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom