• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

"Indie" as a phrase just means "small game" now. It's inaccurate, but like most words in society, it has moved away from its original definition or context.

True. The same happened with "indie" music and movies. Just like with those two though - it is still useful as most people know what you mean when you use it to describe something.

Zaph

A remaster of Shadow Complex for new consoles would be a remaster I can get behind. It was the best metroidvania in years.

I know Chair/Epic is all about that mobile and engine money now, but the fact they've just sat on the Shadow Complex IP for all these years is tragic. Just throw a couple bucks at some studio.

Mr. F

Banned
I know Chair/Epic is all about that mobile and engine money now, but the fact they've just sat on the Shadow Complex IP for all these years is tragic. Just throw a couple bucks at some studio.

I admit ignorance because I guess I'm not really the target demographic, but has Infinity Blade continued to be huge for them or have they moved on? I completely forgot about them being mobile focused honestly.

Yeah, i'm no developer but I can't imagine it would be expensive to bring over to the current gen. It's a shame but there's no reason for them to return to the IP when they rake in the money for Epic with Infinity Blade.

Zaph

I admit ignorance because I guess I'm not really the target demographic, but has Infinity Blade continued to be huge for them or have they moved on? I completely forgot about them being mobile focused honestly.

Yeah, i'm no developer but I can't imagine it would be expensive to bring over to the current gen. It's a shame but there's no reason for them to return to the IP when they rake in the money for Epic with Infinity Blade.

That's a fair point - a quick search has Chair claiming Infinity Blade is a retired franchise, and they seem to mean it; IB3 was released in 2013 and their big dungeon crawler which Apple even demo'd on stage is cancelled.

Maybe they are finally returning to Shadow Complex? Or, like EPIC, the new owners/exec's have no idea what to do with them?

Have they released a new Infinity Blade since 2?

I remember that Diablo looking one got canned but have they done stuff with that IP since?

Port it to Android already!!!

Zaph

IIRC. They said Infinity Blade was more profitable for them that gears was.

Apparently EPIC's CEO meant in terms of man years invested vs revenue - not total revenue.

As of 2013 the franchise has made $60m, which is nice, but when some of these other mobile companies are bringing that in per month (for some, almost per week) - it ain't really much to brag about.

Maybe they realised this and are making Chair go full Clash of Clans? Ugh, I hope not.

Mully

You have to remember that Axiom Verge review code has been available to outlets since near the start of March. This was done to give them good solid time to play it. They had to embargo it, or some reviews would have been rushed up by many outlets weeks ago. The embargo is good in this case, as it gives the good sites time to produce good content.

I completely forgot about that. That totally makes sense.

what happened to Volotaire :O?

Might be a requested ban? He posted this in a thread:

I will request a self ban on March 30th - mid June. After this date, I will no longer be able to update the OP about any crucial information. If you demand for information to be put in the OP, or want the exit poll data to be inserted in the title of the election results, then please contact a mod. This would include inserting manifesto links in the OP. This can be done by replacing the link where it says 'Manifesto' under each party title in Section 2 of this OP. Since Wes posts here, it would make most sense to PM him for any queries.

Mully

I am seriously considering buying a Vita just so I can play Axiom Verge.

I've always considered buying one because of the Remote Play thing, but I can never justify buying a $199 mobile gaming console when I barely play my $400 home game console.

Verge might win me over if it's great.

I've always considered buying one because of the Remote Play thing, but I can never justify buying a $199 mobile gaming console when I barely play my $400 home game console.

Verge might win me over if it's great.

I don't have a PS4 and Vitas are 170 on Amazon. It would definitely be the cheapest way for me to play it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm uploading every episode of On the Spot onto my YouTube channel if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crunchman2600/videos

I'm not sure if this is even legal, but I haven't seen any sources to view this stuff, legitimate or otherwise.

I was a huge fan of the show.

Edit: I should say, every episode (mostly) up until around when Jeff Gerstmann was fired.

Did you happen to find the PS3 Box opening/marathon? I was trying to find it on the gamestop servers the other day, but it seems like every other one is on there except that one. It should be dated 11/03/2006.
http://www.tv.com/shows/gamespot-on-the-spot/11-03-06-ots-special-ps3-marathon-915201/

Tucah

you speak so well
I have no problem playing Axiom Verge on PS4 but it does seem like the perfect Vita game, it's a shame it's not also releasing this week. Oh well!

/back to trying to beat Bloodborne

popo

What's the deal with The Fury and night vision goggles? The game seemed insistent but D & D were having none of it.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Anybody remember where Dan said had great BBQ in Southern California? I want to check it out but I can't remember where he said it.
DON'T LISTEN TO DAN'S OPINIONS ON FOOD!

Hooooold the phone. Yes, in most cases I'd agree, but Dan knows BBQ. Jason even vouched for him and his BBQ opinions.

I think it was this place. I def. remember it being in Van Nuys.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/doctor-hogly-woglys-tyler-texas-bbq-van-nuys
Thanks guys! I'll make sure to check it out.
Best two places in all of Socal (imo) are Bludsos in Compton and Phil's BBQ in San Diego. I'll have to try the place Dan mentioned since it's like 15 min away from my place.
Cool, I'll check these out as well. I love BBQ!

Hooooold the phone. Yes, in most cases I'd agree, but Dan knows BBQ. Jason even vouched for him and his BBQ opinions.
Yeah, I normally would take his opinion with a grain of salt when it comes to food, but he's from Kansas and would likely know good BBQ.

FKIjJfL.png

real bromance

time marches on, alexis.

I clicked on a random On The Spot episode and within five minutes I realized that I had totally seen that episode before. It was weird.

Also: I bought that PS4 bundle. Breadbaird here I come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom