• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Pixel art never bothered me but maybe that's because I grew up with the nes as my first console. I wonder if people who didn't grow up in the 8-16 bit eras are more or less inclined to accept that style than those who grew up in the 3d polygonal eras. Shovel Knight sat between 8-16 bit era visuals and i'll be damned that was easily one of the best games i played last year.

or maybe i'm just into playing good games and that stuff doesn't matter to me *pushes his glasses up, crosses his arms**

I grew up on the NES, I'm also glad we left it behind. Early 2D graphics are just as ugly as early 3D graphics.

in 2015 I'm looking at one Yakuza game in Japanese, one in English, a Persona music game, and possibly a proper Persona game too

if literally no other games came out this year it'd still somehow be my favorite year for games in a while
Oh god, I completely forgot that Yakuza 5 is happening. This year is already better than most recent years and the stuff I'm actually excited for hasn't even come out yet.

Patryn

Unfortunately I don't think PoE has any chance on the goty list this year. It looks like only Rorie will play it. Someone will probably mention it in the goty discussion, it'll get a few non-committal grunts and "ehhs", and then it'll be dropped.

I completely agree with you.

I think Vinny might play some of it, but I highly doubt anybody else will play it.

Brad brings up a good point that this BL collection is meant for the people without a decent PC to play it on because that's exactly who the target audience is for. Its certainly not meant for the PC crowd.

But charging 60 dollars for it makes me doubt that idea because with that price it seems like its targeting the people who haven't played it yet, but still offers a way for fans to move their characters to next gen. It seems like it could be a good buy for 30-40, but for 60 its just too much, especially considering all the other games that have come out in the span of these last few weeks.

Brad brings up a good point that this BL collection is meant for the people without a decent PC to play it on because that's exactly who the target audience is for. Its certainly not meant for the PC crowd.

But charging 60 dollars for it makes me doubt that idea because with that price it seems like its targeting the people who haven't played it yet, but still offers a way for fans to move their characters to next gen. It seems like it could be a good buy for 30-40, but for 60 its just too much, especially considering all the other games that have come out in the span of these last few weeks.

Well it didn't do all that great in the UK charts same with type 0

When will publishers learn

Well it didn't do all that great in the UK charts same with type 0

When will publishers learn

Wouldn't surprise me if a good number of games didn't do well this month. March has had a lot of games that I probably would've bought any other month but didn't just because of how much stuff came out.

Anjin M

Anything is better than last season's boring Mercedes bullshit.

I figured that I would be watching races for place 3 and back. Heck, F1 even shot the Australian GP as if Mercedes didn't exist. (Think they checked in with the Silver Arrows a couple times during the entire race.) It will be nice to follow the enitre field.

Don't care about him, but anything is better than last year. I had my money on Red Bull, though.

It could have been anyone in that car, but I find it funny that I was cheering for the former dominant champion over the current. Life is weird.

It includes all of the content for both games and isn't the presequel like 6 months old? I think it's a fair price but there's no excuse for not packing in BL1 while they were at it.

It includes all of the content for both games and isn't the presequel like 6 months old? I think it's a fair price but there's no excuse for not packing in BL1 while they were at it.

That's fair. Including all the DLC and stuff, 60 is a fair price (for anyone who hasn't bought/played the games anyway). But then you get to the quality vs quanity and price situation and it all turns subjective at that point.

game figuratively written by reddit literally costs $60 several years later

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 12m12 minutes ago
Fans of wrestling and gaming are a lot alike. Some are my favorite people in the world. Others are unfathomably obnoxious dickholes.

oh so like the entirety of the world then

e: except sonic fans, they're all bad.

oh so like the entirety of the world then

e: except sonic fans, they're all bad.

2537597-4300333222-tumbl.gif

klonere

Banned
Unfortunately I don't think PoE has any chance on the goty list this year. It looks like only Rorie will play it. Someone will probably mention it in the goty discussion, it'll get a few non-committal grunts and "ehhs", and then it'll be dropped.

"Eh...its that type of game...just again you know? they kinda modernized and looks great...not much else to it....i mean its just more nerdy fantasy stuff really right guys hahah...Rorie is the only one who played it....yeah im fine with letting it go..."

all this recent talk and coverage about sonic and sonic-inspired games finally got me to boot up sonic 4 episode 1.

who the fuck thought that played well over at sega? It's as if someone set out to make sonic 2 again only the physics are busted and it looks ugly as hell.

I loaded up episode 2 to see if that was any better and it looks as if they took some of the criticisms to heart as the game both looks and plays infinitely better.

but man, i feel bad for sonic fans who were patiently waiting for episode 1 because that's a total turd.

jaina

playstation underground is coming back

First Giant Bomb popularizes the brand again and then the first episode promotes Amplitude by Harmonix. Collusion!
well, if the PS blog does a web show, why not reuse that name? maybe I'll even watch an episode

Patryn

"Eh...its that type of game...just again you know? they kinda modernized and looks great...not much else to it....i mean its just more nerdy fantasy stuff really right guys hahah...Rorie is the only one who played it....yeah im fine with letting it go..."

Is it wrong that I read the bolded line in Alex's voice?

But honestly, I don't even think it'll come up.

Dan is a goddamn inspiration to us all. I thought it was just going to be his face, but there he is holding a sign that says Waluigi and the biggest fucking grin ever.

263.gif

Sayers

This part is Brad

klonere

Banned
Is it wrong that I read the bolded line in Alex's voice?

But honestly, I don't even think it'll come up.

Its Dismissive Dan! Although Jeff also has that stance on fantasy, in a more Jeff way.

Alright here's how it sounds in my head:

Eh...its that type of game...just again you know? (Jeff) they kinda modernized and looks great (Brad)...not much else to it (Jeff)....i mean its just more nerdy fantasy stuff really right guys hahah (Dan)...Rorie is the only one who played it (anyone)....yeah im fine with letting it go..(Alex or Vinny)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom