• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could've been...

you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to make good Star Wars games, right? the license comes pre-packaged with basically everything you'd need to get started.

screw story, just give me an excuse to shoot stormtroopers and blow up TIE fighters for a while and we're good.

danm999

Between Pillars and Skylines and Bloodbourne Identity and now Axiom Verge...

Shit early 2015 was supposed to be when I cleared most of my backlog before the releases piled up in the middle of the year.

Patryn

Shit early 2015 was supposed to be when I cleared most of my backlog before the releases piled up in the middle of the year.

Good thing most of the Q3 and Q4 titles are being pushed to 2016!

Seriously... what is coming this fall? Batman?

Does anyone honestly think that Halo isn't going to end up bein....

Oh wait. They released the MCC as a broken mess, so I guess that's one that will actually make it out the door.

Brashnir

Good games come out in the spring now. Fall is reserved for Michael Bay-esque bullshit.

you guys whining about all the new games coming out, i just finished Trenched and Dragon Quest V for the first time alongside Assassin's Creed Liberation. Just played through the first 3 stages of Super Mario 3D Land.

You don't play new games now, you play them 3 years from now so you always have a backlog that is completely undefeatable. get your backlog game up, suckas.

Mortal Kombat X soon Oh boy!!

Then it will be Project Cars , Wolfenstien & Witcher 3 before E3

After E3 Batman & DMC 4

And don't forget all the indie titles in these months!

MGS V is the only game after Summer i am excited about since that has a date.

you guys whining about all the new games coming out, i just finished Trenched and Dragon Quest V for the first time alongside Assassin's Creed Liberation. Just played through the first 3 stages of Super Mario 3D Land.

You don't play new games now, you play them 3 years from now so you always have a backlog that is completely undefeatable. get your backlog game up, suckas.

I finished this for the first time a few days ago. I felt like the game just gave up after sequence 5.

jaina

Persona 4 Dancing All night is obviously the biggest game to come out this fall.

Not even joking.

Depends on the Persona 5 release date. I just looked at an announced games list, P5, Xenoblade X, Tomb Raider and Battlefront are currently the only fall releases which interest me.

Yakuza 5 is supposed to be the Summer. I'm hoping for May at the latest.

Yup can't wait for that!

Kinda off topic but usually when someone streams a japanese game on PS4 the game title is in Japanese. Yakuza zero game title was in english when it was being streamed. English release planned ?

do you think there's a chance in hell P5 is coming out this year, even in Japan?

because I'm gonna go ahead and say "nah"

Going by the Media Create threads it seems like P5 will come out in summer in Japan after P4D.

I finished this for the first time a few days ago. I felt like the game just gave up after sequence 5.

It's not a very good game but it's also not terrible. It's competently mediocre, and since i knocked it out in about 8 hours and bought it for only $5 i felt good about scratching that off of my list.

With that, i only need to play Rogue and Unity to be fully caught up, though my complete and total dislike for the campaign of ACIV and thinking that Watch Dawgs is a fine piece of fucking garbage has me pretty hesitant to pick up either game anytime soon.

Kinda off topic but usually when someone streams a japanese game on PS4 the game title is in Japanese. Yakuza zero game title was in english when it was being streamed. English release planned ?

there was some speculation over that, but I think it's pretty much been dismissed as unrelated. They're selling an Asian-region version in the next month or so, and that's why. no english subs on that despite the rumors.

I wouldn't hold my breath

jaina

you guys whining about all the new games coming out, i just finished Trenched and Dragon Quest V for the first time alongside Assassin's Creed Liberation.

I still have plenty of "essentials" to experience. Played Dragon Quest V myself last year, it's awesome. Mostly busy with my backlog, for example last month Link between worlds, last week Arkham Asylum, currently Ghost Trick.

danm999

Good thing most of the Q3 and Q4 titles are being pushed to 2016!

Seriously... what is coming this fall? Batman?

From what I'm at least interested in that's still tentatively 2015 (though you're probably right more delays are likely; and not everything will be good).

Witcher 3, MGSV, Just Cause 3, Persona 5, new Tomb Raider, Splatoon, No Man's Sky, new Shadowrun.

Megasoum

Banned
Axiom Verge sounds fucking amazing.

The lack of double jump is a bit of a bummer but whatever.

Is the game coming out on PC too?

It's not a very good game but it's also not terrible. It's competently mediocre, and since i knocked it out in about 8 hours and bought it for only $5 i felt good about scratching that off of my list.

With that, i only need to play Rogue and Unity to be fully caught up, though my complete and total dislike for the campaign of ACIV and thinking that Watch Dawgs is a fine piece of fucking garbage has me pretty hesitant to pick up either game anytime soon.

Do not play unity. Trust me , its really bad. And this is coming from someone who really enjoyed ACIV.

KingKong

dont forget Ori and the Blind Forest

and Witcher 3 is coming in May

Patryn

From what I'm at least interested in that's still tentatively 2015 (though you're probably right more delays are likely; and not everything will be good).

Witcher 3, MGSV, Just Cause 3, Persona 5, new Tomb Raider, Splatoon, No Man's Sky, new Shadowrun.

I bolded the games I'm convinced are going to slip to 2016.

danm999

Do not play unity. Trust me , its really bad. And this is coming from someone who really enjoyed ACIV.

I'd second that. I played through and enjoyed every previous entry in the series, and Unity broke me.

I guess it's more tolerable now that the Companion app shit has been removed and maybe lots of bugs and performance issues are gone (though I don't know, who'd go back and check?), but it's not worth the time.

ArjanN

Is there some sort of big swerve in Axiom Verge? Otherwise it doesn't seem particularly different from a bunch of other Metroidvanias.

danm999

I bolded the games I'm convinced are going to slip to 2016.

No Mans and Just Cause 3 seem good candidates to slip yeah.

P5 I have no idea. I just don't know enough about Atlus in general to know if it's because they're keeping things close to the chest or they're behind. I know they revealed P4 in 2008 and released it that year, but their more recent stuff has met with delays so IDK.

Patryn

No Mans and Just Cause 3 seem good candidates to slip yeah.

P5 I have no idea. I just don't know enough about Atlus in general to know if it's because they're keeping things close to the chest or they're behind. I know they revealed P4 in 2008 and released it that year, but their more recent stuff has met with delays so IDK.

I think P5 makes it to Japan this year, but the US in early 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom