• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishastra

Banned
Axiom as #1? I think that Witcher 3 and Metal Gear will have to either flop or be extremely divisive for that to happen. I could see Axiom taking ALBW's "yo this game is fantastic and we all love it but it's not quite doing enough to be GotY" #2 spot.
Witcher 3? Really? Even if it's the greatest game ever made, I can't see half of the group even giving it the time of day.

erawsd

Witcher 3? Really? Even if it's the greatest game ever made, I can't see half of the group even giving it the time of day.

Yeah, long games and modern day Giantbomb are oil+water. Vinny is the only guy I see playing it. Jeff may watch his girlfriend play it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That "100+ hour" playtime remark has me question The Witcher 3 so hard. And it sounds like Danny all but confirmed it during his trip. I really don't want another DA:I.

really sucks that it's so long. The thing i really liked about the witcher 2 is that it was a 25 hour game that felt perfectly paced. I still want to go back and do the alternate main path in the game but i also dont want to burn myself out before W3.

Patryn

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only Vinny and Patrick really liked Witcher 2, correct?

I don't see this changing for Witcher 3. It'll get a long QL, but be forgotten within a couple of weeks of it coming out.

Personally, I have a weird relationship to the Witcher series. I love RPGs, but I hate how it plays. To the point I've never gotten more than 30 minutes into Witcher 2 before giving up.

Zornack

I averaged out the release date for all of GB's GotY and it came out to be June 10th.

The closet release to June 10th is Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy.

Say hello to Giant Bomb's 2015 Game of the Year:

2555690-5877327988-61%252B.jpg

really sucks that it's so long. The thing i really liked about the witcher 2 is that it was a 25 hours game that felt perfectly paced. I still want to go back and do the alternate main path in the game but i also dont want to burn myself out before W3.

yeah I specifically liked 1 and 2 because they were engrossing story games that were paced really well. Even if they manage to make the open world stuff fun, it's not AT ALL what I would want from the next entry.

Say hello to Giant Bomb's Game of the year 2015:
this won't even be in the top 10 anime boob games of 2015 :D

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah I'm at a point in my life where saying a game is 200h is more a con than a pro.

They better be 200 fucking fantastic hours.

I would have cut a ton of filler crap in DAI personally.

I got about 10 hours into DA:I and felt like I had done nothing and just quit playing. The combat was too boring for me to care about doing anything else past that 10 hours.

erawsd

That "100+ hour" playtime remark has me question The Witcher 3 so hard. And it sounds like Danny all but confirmed it during his trip. I really don't want another DA:I.

What Did Danny say? Yesterday he called it "medieval Red Dead". Even Jeff said he was "super impressed" with the footage Danny had of the game.

hamchan

I feel like more and more games are going the huge open world route. All I can do now is hope that these games went this way for actual, meaningful reasons and aren't just full of filler junk.

Sure, I'll admit I enjoyed DA:I and some Assassin's Creeds but that's all taken in moderation. No thanks to every game being full of meaningless quests.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yeah I specifically liked 1 and 2 because they were engrossing story games that were paced really well. Even if they manage to make the open world stuff fun, it's not AT ALL what I would want from the next entry.

this won't even be in the top 10 anime boob games of 2015 :D

Will probably make it to top 10. There's like... what? Estival Versus? Persona 4 dancing all night? Like 3 neptunia games? Danganronpa Another Episode? Final Fantasy 15? Maybe persona 5?

It'll make it to the top 10 anime boob games easily.

Peace Walker is a 100 hour game if you do everything but only crazy Anime otakus do that.

I...

dammit

Will probably make it to top 10. There's like... what? Estival Versus? Persona 4 dancing all night? Like 3 neptunia games? Danganronpa Another Episode? Maybe persona 5?

It'll make it to the top 10 anime boob games easily.

SK2
SK: Estival Versus
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
Tokyo Xanadu
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Dancing All Night
Danganronpa Another Episode
those Neptunia games

actually you know what, screw it, I don't even know what year some of these are coming out so I'm stopping

maybe it makes the top 10 anime boob games

Scizzy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only Vinny and Patrick really liked Witcher 2, correct?

I think Ryan liked it too, but had issues with the rolling or something? But my memory is that nobody besides Vinny played it much at all, but respected it enough that it finished, like, 5th in the GOTY voting.

hamchan

I wonder if Batman stands any chance. Seems like they are all dead tired of Arkham combat.

It's a new Rocksteady Batman. It has a decent chance to be incredible since they've already done it twice before. They liked Mordor combat enough to give it GOTY even though that's just a poor imitation of Batman combat.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I...

dammit

SK2
SK: Estival Versus
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
Tokyo Xanadu
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Dancing All Night
Danganronpa Another Episode

actually you know what, screw it, I don't even know what year some of these are coming out so I'm stopping

maybe it makes the top 10 anime boob games

Oh damn, completely forgot that the senran kagura guy got a new franchise called valkyria drive.

Also forgot that there's a new gal gun coming.

The anime boob is strong this year.

yeah and despite mentioning it earlier I forgot Natsuiro High School but that's more anime panties than anime boobs from the looks of things

that thing is D3 so watch it somehow make it out of japan

Why is there a first person Asteroids game? How did this happen?

Oh and who decided to do D&D at the same time as the Nintendo Direct? Looks like I won't be able to watch it much if at all.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Cause whoever owns Atari now is going through all their properties and applying them to genres that are somewhat popular right now

Alone in the Dark? Let's make a four player coop shooter!
Haunted House? Let's make a key hunting horror game!
Asteroids? I dunno, something with crafting!

Still waiting for an open world survival Marble madness game with zombies to be announced.

It's a new Rocksteady Batman. It has a decent chance to be incredible since they've already done it twice before. They liked Mordor combat enough to give it GOTY even though that's just a poor imitation of Batman combat.
To be fair a lot of the love for Mordor was due to the nemesis system, Batman is going to have an uphill struggle against series fatigue and a Batmobile isn't going to be a big game changer.

Patryn

Oh and who decided to do D&D at the same time as the Nintendo Direct? Looks like I won't be able to watch it much if at all.

Then either watch the D&D archive when it goes up, or just read the writeups of the Nintendo Direct. Any news from that will be all over GAF in seconds, anyways.

Anjin M

Hey, everyone! Good morning! How is everyone? What are we talking about today?

...anime boob games...

Hmm...

Finally finished the Bombcast this morning! That was pretty good.

To be fair a lot of the love for Mordor was due to the nemesis system, Batman is going to have an uphill struggle against series fatigue and a Batmobile isn't going to be a big game changer.

I found that they went wayyyyyyyy too overboard with the collectibles in AC. AA hit the sweet spot of there being plenty but not too much in regards to collectibles. They went full on stupid with it in AC.

I wonder if the ending of AC holds. I liked the direction they went with the story though the actual storytelling left a lot to be desired, along with the general plot itself. So i'm pretty wishy washy in regards to AK, especially since i prefer the way that AO went with their art direction (away from everyone being a bunch of bulking looking monsters).

I hope you mean this the other way around because City was stupid with collectibles. I actually 100%'d Asylum

yeah, i flipped them by accident. fixed it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom