• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that they went wayyyyyyyy too overboard with the collectibles in AA. AC hit the sweet spot of there being plenty but not too much in regards to collectibles. They went full on stupid with it in AA.

I hope you mean this the other way around because City was stupid with collectibles. I actually 100%'d Asylum

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AC is an ok game, but halfway through it I was already tired of it. That particular Batman formula wore itself out so quickly for me, the colors, the Unreal as hell models, the combat engine having things tacked onto it to make it seem more complex than it was. (All the finisher stuff and quick batarangs/batclaws/etc made something incredibly simple seem like a complete mess. I thought the Sleeping Dogs combat style was a much better take on it, but since they came up with it initially in Bully/Warriors, that makes sense. A lot of the bosses in AC felt like they were thrown in because they weren't in the last game and they had to meet some kind of quota. Everything about the Freeze encounter past the meeting was so underwhelming.

Never even played Origins.

Only issue with Asylum for me was that the world was totally empty after finishing the game which made hunting down the rest of the collectible a real bore. City was a pretty good sequel but it didn't quite have the momentum of Asylum and the story was complete nonsense.

Tucah

you speak so well
Asylum was a really pleasant surprise but by City I was already a little weary of the series. I'll give Knight a shot because I skipped Origins and it's been a while, but I'm not expecting it to be my GOTY or anything, just another solid Batman game.

erawsd

I found that they went wayyyyyyyy too overboard with the collectibles in AC. AA hit the sweet spot of there being plenty but not too much in regards to collectibles. They went full on stupid with it in AC.

I wonder if the ending of AC holds. I liked the direction they went with the story though the actual storytelling left a lot to be desired, along with the general plot itself. So i'm pretty wishy washy in regards to AK, especially since i prefer the way that AO went with their art direction (away from everyone being a bunch of bulking looking monsters).

yeah, i flipped them by accident. fixed it now.

Theyve definitely improved the art this time around, most of the character are completely redone. The story is definitely my biggest worry, they should have just gone with Scarecrow being the main guy. Everything about the Arkham Knight character sounds awful so far.

Anjin M

I tried the Arkham Asylum Game of the Year edition after hearing all of the accolades. It was probably just me, but I didn't see what the big deal was with that game. Oh well, not every game can be for me.

I actually thought Origins was slightly more enjoyable than City despite being a bootleg version of City. It was paced a little better, the electric gloves were fun... But yeah, it's been rough after Asylum.

erawsd

We all know the Arkham Knight is going to be the Joker.

Based on the prequel comic that would seem impossible.
Apparently, the Arkham Knight was in Arkham City and observing Batman throughout. He executes some dude that Batman left bound for the cops.

Man I really hate that Drew makes so many great references that nobody else acknowledges. As soon as he said "Come on," I knew he was talking about Space Truckin'.

Scizzy

When it comes to GOTY, there's no doubt that No Man's Sky will either be in the top 3 or most disappointing. If that games sucks, I would kind of just want to fly to SF and give Brad a big hug and then fly home, leaving him wondering why some strange dude just gave him a big hug and left without a word. But he'd need it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Drew relies too much on references

there I said it

I found that they went wayyyyyyyy too overboard with the collectibles in AC. AA hit the sweet spot of there being plenty but not too much in regards to collectibles. They went full on stupid with it in AC.

I wonder if the ending of AC holds. I liked the direction they went with the story though the actual storytelling left a lot to be desired, along with the general plot itself. So i'm pretty wishy washy in regards to AK, especially since i prefer the way that AO went with their art direction (away from everyone being a bunch of bulking looking monsters).

For all it's problems Arkham Origins at least had a good story and fantastic character design which have been two of the weakest things in the arkham games for me. I can kind of deal with bad character design but I can't deal with another story like Arkham City, that story was such a mess beyond the last 30 minutes so I really hope they stick with that ending.

I'm very sceptical of AK due to the amount of focus they keep putting on the batmobile but I'm very interested to see how Rocksteady's last effort turns out, from both a story perspective and a gameplay perspective.

strafer

woah

poWVnAu.png

Tucah

you speak so well
Drew relies too much on references

there I said it

you're right

When it comes to GOTY, there's no doubt that No Man's Sky will either be in the top 3 or most disappointing. If that games sucks, I would kind of just want to fly to SF and give Brad a big hug and then fly home, leaving him wondering why some strange dude just gave him a big hug and left without a word. But he'd need it.

I'm keeping my hype super low for No Man's Sky, which seems like the way to go with that thing.

Megasoum

Banned
I get why but it's always a bummer that they do those shows in the middle of the day on a weekday. Impossible for most people to watch it.

Zornack

Big Big Live Show Live already canceled? I was looking forward to them changing it up. Instead of a brand new fresh BBLSL we've got to settle for an old stale BLLSL.

They've been really killing it with content lately, can't wait to see how GBEeast adds to that now that they seem to be more up-and-running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom