• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, got 5 Fast and Furious movies all queued up to watch in prep for the new one. I will know plunge myself into the deep and engrossing FnF lore as claimed by Jeff.

So, AT&T is throttling the **** out of me, and I can watch twitch streams or videos using the youtube app, but I think that GB stream quality is too high. Can't watch any UPF, Unplugged, or this test stream. Definitely won't be able to watch the BLLSL.

Is there any way to watch a lower quality version of a stream on an iphone? I'm at work, no wifi. Thanks!

I finished Super Mario 3D Land and i don't feel like doing the Special stages. Does this make me a bad person? Just kinda liked the casual feel of the first 8 worlds and i'm already stressed out that i couldn't find 2 star coins in Special 1-1

Johndoey

Banned
As someone who considers Mgs 3 one of the greatest games ever made, please someone explain why some people consider The Boss and Eva amazing characters? They aren't terrible but they are just kinda generic fallen mentor and tripe agent/ femme fatale types.

Lingitiz

As someone who considers Mgs 3 one of the greatest games ever made, please someone explain why some people consider The Boss and Eva amazing characters? They aren't terrible but they are just kinda generic fallen mentor and tripe agent/ femme fatale types.

Well the Boss isn't really a fallen mentor when they reveal why she turned in the first place.

Johndoey

Banned
Well the Boss isn't really a fallen mentor when they reveal why she turned in the first place.
The twist at the end characterizes but doesn't alter the events of the game, she is a fairly bog standard mentor turned foe thoughout the game. Snake slowly gaining the confidence to effectively battle her is the most hackneyed character arc in the universe.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Well, fuck. Now I just want Vinny and Alex to play through the whole game because that was an amazing stream.

- J - D -

The twist at the end characterizes but doesn't alter the events of the game, she is a fairly bog standard mentor turned foe thoughout the game. Snake slowly gaining the confidence to effectively battle her is the most hackneyed character arc in the universe.

It's relatively uncommon to the world of video games, and her character is presented in an austere and distinguished manner that is generally respectable. Compared to the relative cartoon caricatures that comprise the rest of the MGS3 cast, The Boss stands out as a singular presence.

It's true that, as far as story concepts go, student-becomes-master is not a fresh one, but MGS3's is one of the better attempts.

Myggen

It's relatively unique to the world of video games, and her character is presented in an austere and distinguished manner that is generally respectable. Compared to the relative cartoon caricatures that comprise the rest of the MGS3 cast, The Boss stands out as a singular presence.

It's true that, as far as story concepts go, student-becomes-master is not a fresh one, but MGS3's is one of the better attempts.

The VO for The Boss is the worst part of that character to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom