• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
1411217-117379457_4e4417205ca513a13946fb56c09c7aa9.4c1bc938_full.jpg

Anjin M

Steve Gaynor is writing reviews for Kotatu?

edit:

that review said:
In it, you play a man or a woman who picks up a variety of sharp and deadly weapons and fights all manner of horrific beasts, gradually growing more powerful while exploring a sprawling city and gradually uncovering its mysteries.
What editor let's him put "gradually" in that sentence twice?

also my souls rankings so far as i am over half way through of BB
Demon Souls > BloodBorne > Dark Souls > Dark souls 2

Nothing can top Demons but Bloodborne is really fantastic

Hell of a game

I enjoyed The Godfather on PS2. It had some neat ideas and wasn't as minigame-heavy as the Scarface game. I've always meant to pick up the Wii version too, as the motion implementation looked fun. I played a little of the sequel, but it didn't grab me like the original, so I never got too far in it.

I enjoyed The Godfather on PS2. It had some neat ideas and wasn't as minigame-heavy as the Scarface game. I've always meant to pick up the Wii version too, as the motion implementation looked fun. I played a little of the sequel, but it didn't grab me like the original, so I never got too far in it.

u shoot castro in godfather 2

the real winner in that review is imessage and emojis.

and i'm not surprised that it limps to the end. the two other souls games ive played (demon's & dark) pretty much went to poop at the end.

When I think of Demon's Souls, it's mostly the stuff that's usually tackled in the last third (Valley of Defilement and the Maiden Astraea fight, the
revelation about King Allant
, and the Old One.

Dark Souls's peak is the O&S fight.

I'm pretty sure Dan Teasdale (or maybe somebody else) once sent a bunch of Bad Rats codes to somebody who tried the same scam. That's probably the best response possible.

The funny thing is, for all the hate Bad Rats gets, it is very favorably rated on Steam. Now, chances are, most of the favorable reviews are done in jest, but I think it's funny nonetheless.

jL3l180.png

Edit- HAHAHA! What!? It's tagged as a dating sim? Silly, silly people. Then again, I've never played the game. Maybe that is an aspect of the game. But I doubt it.

the real winner in that review is imessage and emojis.

and i'm not surprised that it limps to the end. the two other souls games ive played (demon's & dark) pretty much went to poop at the end.

If you count the DLC for DS1 and DS2 since you shouldn't play those till after you beat the game, the DLC's are easily the best part of their respective games imo.

Also for DeS, it's weird since you can tackle those games in almost any direction. I found the later parts that I did like the end of Bolteria, Latria, etc. to be my favorite.

Anjin M

Demon Souls > BloodBorne > Dark Souls > Dark souls

So far I'm:
Dark Souls > BloodBorne > Dark Souls 2

I haven't finished BloodBorne, but it's great so far. I've never played Demon's Souls though. If anyone would like to lend me a PS3, I'll be happy to try it out!

so anyone wanna explain what the hell the new thread title mean?

Seconded. I have no idea what's going on here.

edit://

Nevermind, I figured it out. My work firewall blocks Twitter, so I couldn't see the image Alex tweeted.

The funny thing is, for all the hate Bad Rats gets, it is very favorably rated on Steam. Now, chances are, most of the favorable reviews are done in jest, but I think it's funny nonetheless.

jL3l180.png

Edit- HAHAHA! What!? It's tagged as a dating sim? Silly, silly people. Then again, I've never played the game. Maybe that is an aspect of the game. But I doubt it.
oh its not

i would wager ive played more than a vast majority of people on here

its just a bad incredible machine

with muslim terrorist rats

no im not kidding
so anyone wanna explain what the hell the new thread title mean?

have you tried reading the thread

def sim

It's all a joke. I've played my fair share of Bad Rats and a finicky, buggy, rube goldberg puzzler is all it is.

It's not as bad as I was expecting!

Has anyone asked Jeff if he's going to do an ER of the SMT X FE game? I mean, it's a persona game and we all know he loves to do ERs of Persona games so i figured someone had to have asked him by now.

Bacon

yeah dark is top mainly because of smough and ornstein

it's still the best boss fight in all of the games

I don't think I've ever felt more accomplished in a video game until after I finished that fight. I must have been trying to beat them for like 3 hours straight before I finally did

for me the hardest boss in DaS was the two archers on the roof of anor londo

i lost several hours and an xbox controller to getting past them

def sim

That's one of the few boss fights in the series I would define as broken. Terrible boss fight. Sif's the best.

It certainly asks a lot out of the player and probably why they haven't recreated such a frenetic boss fight in a souls game again. I remember it being the end point for a lot of people back around release.

I don't think I've ever felt more accomplished in a video game until after I finished that fight. I must have been trying to beat them for like 3 hours straight before I finally did

Yeah, totally. That sense of accomplishment in a single player video game is kind of rare to find and it was refreshing.

S&O should have been the penultimate boss, and everything after Anor Londo should have been made optional or cut from the game. The back half of Dark Souls is so annoying, which is why Demon's Souls is the best Souls game.

jgminto

I'd be baffled if the VA in Phantom Pain is worse than the VA in Peacewalker.

In fact the VA in GZ and the PP trailers is already better than the VA of Peacewalker, but I've never found the VA in any MGS game to be considered remotely bad. Not when there's other Konami stuff like Suikoden V and Castlevania:SotN out there.
It's worse because there's barely any of it.

Jintor

i don't necessarily care about the va of GZ (snake notwithstanding, who gives a shit if hayter was gravelling-out? It's like any other batman than kevin conroy, it's all wrong), but what really bothered me was the changed approach to conversations, i.e. having it mostly just being one-liners with Miller nattering in your ear instead of making dumb full conversations or lectures.

If they don't have Keifer Sutherland go on about boxes for like two straight minutes in PP they've failed

I was looking forward to UPF all day today. The day off tomorrow threw me off and I forgot it was Thursday :( Well, I still have the Playstation Home stream to watch anyway.

Tucah

you speak so well
Damn sleep! Will it be archived or was it too chaotic to upload?

It's listed as the latest piece of premium content on the top bar thing on the site, but the link's broken. It seems like it's been uploaded, just give it a bit of time to get fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom