• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CFn9CcoUIAAaTcO.png

popo

He liked persona 1 and 2 back in the day, 3 is the only one he didn't care for.

He liked a lot of stuff back in the day. Watch for him playing a few hours of P5 and then dropping it. Dancing all night will likely get more play time.

Amazing. How many people are going to tell him to eat real Mexican food?

People who go to all inclusive resorts don't usually eat real mexican food. Might be prepared by genuine mexicans but that will be about it.

But then again... How much "real Mexican food" can you really get in a an inclusive tourist resort?

Beat me to it.

Didn't he say he was spending a grand on the trip? Seems a lot for a long weekend. They would have been better off taking that grand and driving to Tijuana. :D

The Beastcast is real good. The new guy from CNet was pretty funny. He strikes me as totally into video games but an outsider to video game culture which threw up some interesting conversation.

The whole thing felt like they were getting to know each other better and it was really entertaining.

kulapik

Oh, yeah, Beastcast, cool

but what did Keyser do to be banned

edit: oh, just saw, lol, that mobile games thread is a graveyard lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think he got banned for a joke that didn't look like a joke because that thread was so terrible.

The beginning of this feels very prodding tbh but maybe its just due to the amount of off topic stuff.

Jeff vindicated once again about his gripes on the Witcher 3 lol.

I wonder if he'll ever get used to it though.

He liked a lot of stuff back in the day. Watch for him playing a few hours of P5 and then dropping it. Dancing all night will likely get more play time.

I highly doubt that he'll play Dancing all Night more than P5, even if he did that doesn't change the fact that Jeff has liked previous games in that series.

Jeff vindicated once again about his gripes on the Witcher 3 lol.

I wonder if he'll ever get used to it though.

I think everyone has agreed with a lot of the issues that Jeff had but they ended up getting used to them and focusing on the good qualities of the game, Brad didn't like the game for the first few hours either.

KingKong

But then again... How much "real Mexican food" can you really get in a an inclusive tourist resort?

I've been to a couple and it depends on the resort and what you mean 'real Mexican'. One of the places I stayed at had a really nice Mexican restaurant as one of the options (but it wasnt serving burritos and quesadillas) but it was as real as any nice restaurant is

you can usually get some dishes I guess, depending on location

I could do without, personally, because I can barely stand a hint of cilantro, much less eating it by the fistful

Huh, lots of people in this thread prone to getting banned. Poor Keyser, I enjoyed their quips. I wonder if he'll be unbanned by the time Bread gets platinum in Bloodborne.

As a life long NY resident, hearing stories about how amazing/shitty NY is is going to be my favorite thing about the Beastcast.

I'm too far removed from that particular part of NY to appreciate it.

ryushe

As a life long NY resident, hearing stories about how amazing/shitty NY is is going to be my favorite thing about the Beastcast.

Huh, lots of people in this thread prone to getting banned. Poor Keyser, I enjoyed their quips. I wonder if he'll be unbanned by the time Bread gets platinum in Bloodborne.

the stop calling mobile shit thread has wiped out half of gaf.

which is fine by me, really, because mobile is alright in my book. People need to get with the times.

First it was waaaaaaaaa facebook games then it was waaaaaaaaa free2play games and now it's waaaaaaaaaa mobile games. Only mobile is pretty much here to stay. Japan is pretty much going all in on mobile and current hardware and software numbers are hitting all time lows over there.

embrace that future, kids.

Not when there's plenty of good old games to play.

I have shadowrun returns, shadowrun dragonfall, and baldur's gate II on my ipad. they hang out next to monument valley, dragon quest IV, chrono trigger, the room, final fantasy tactics, grand theft auto 3, max payne, etc.

if whatcha want is old games to go along with some really well made current games, then brahs mobile has got ya covered.

PS i own a vita and 3ds with ds and psp games in my backlog so i wuv my consoles too. just sayin' y'all gotta acknowledge that not only is mobile not going anywhere, it's also not fringe anymore. it's here and legit as hell

Curufinwe

I have shadowrun returns, shadowrun dragonfall, and baldur's gate II on my ipad. they hang out next to monument valley, dragon quest IV, chrono trigger, the room, final fantasy tactics, grand theft auto 3, max payne, etc.

GTA3 and Max Payne on a touch screen. Just what I want in 2015.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

if whatcha want is old games to go along with some really well made current games, then brahs mobile has got ya covered.

You know what else has me covered? My PC.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

PS i own a vita and 3ds with ds and psp games in my backlog so i wuv my consoles too. just sayin' y'all gotta acknowledge that not only is mobile not going anywhere, it's also not fringe anymore. it's here and legit as hell

I have all of those aside from Monument Valley and The Room, and I don't have to deal with an awful interface that covers the display in order to control them.

The font in all those Square RPGs kills it for me. The SNES FF games look like dogshit. Thank god Chrono was a straight port.

Though yeah mobile games are good for old stuff. Those Sonic 1 and 2 remasters are incredible
and neeeeed to come to consoles

yeah, the RPG maker shit they did to FF5 and FF6 is pretty terrible. and i really don't recommend you play GTA or Max Payne without a controller on mobile, naturally. and I own a PC with +400 games so I feel you, too!

I'm just sayin', you're fighting something that no longer is an if but a when. Look at japan, the dedicated hardware industry is getting smashed over there and devs are flocking to mobile.

The west is different, sure, but i wonder if it's just generational. My nephew has no history with consoles so he plays Angry Birds on a tablet but also enjoys Lego Marvel when he comes over. He's going to live in a world where mobile is ok, where having a portable machine just for gaming kinda seems antiquated. Luckily, consoles seem to still be a profitable venture in the west so we should be fine for a while and the PC market has never been healthier. But mobile is probably going to be around for a long while.

I started playing the mobile version because I needed more. It's great fun as well.

do you mean you finished it and needed more, or you just needed more on top of it? I'm wondering how long the 3ds one "lasts," or if you can just kind of play it indefinitely like the mobile one

Zebetite

Banned

what i want is, in fact, old games, so the first thing i'm looking for is buttons!

imagine how miserable vinnyvania or metal gear scanlon would be if they needed to play those games with a touchscreen "controller"

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm just sayin', you're fighting something that no longer is an if but a when. Look at japan, the dedicated hardware industry is getting smashed over there and devs are flocking to mobile.

I'm not fighting anything, I'm just sad about it.
Giantbomb though. That's still pretty good. And not disgusting and gross at all, usually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom