• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

OH GOD

I'm getting traumatising Jelly no Puzzle flashbacks here.

tumblr_inline_mn3kpr98sv1qz4rgp.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I took a women's lit class in college and it was a depressing amount of Austen :(

I didn't.
And I still learned more about Austen than anybody ever should.
We saw Pride and Prejudice the movie. In school. Twice. And then talked about it for four weeks. And had to write essays about it. And were questioned about it.
The only thing I remember about this movie is women screaming "OOH MR DARCY!!"

This is probably a dumb question but is AMyggen on the site our Myggen here?

Also I just realized I have no idea who Jane Austen is despite hearing the name repeated constantly.

I feel like Jane Austen would have been a fanfiction author had she been alive today.

totally. I'm still a little irritated we spent so much time on her stuff instead of on more interesting writers, but I guess that's what gets people to sign up for the class in the first place...

This is probably a dumb question but is AMyggen on the site our Myggen here?

Myggen = AMyggen = Mygg11 = Myggen Myggen

His real name is Alfred A. Myggen. That's what I like to think anyway.

totally. I'm still a little irritated we spent so much time on her stuff instead of on more interesting writers, but I guess that's what gets people to sign up for the class in the first place...

Yo I had to read The Fountainhead in high school which is basically Ayn Rand's Gary Stu sex fantasy so I can't complain too much about Jane Austen.

Yo I had to read The Fountainhead in high school

fuuuuuuuuck

dude I'm so sorry

I had to read more Fitzgerald than I wanted, but Rand is some next-level bullshit mandatory reading

e: The African-American lit class I took more than made up for the disappointing women's lit course though. I can't remember everything we covered, but my prof basically hit it out of the park with her selections

Xater

Rand seems like something no one should ever read in school. I had to read mostly German novels, but not in my English classes. There are so many wonderful English classics. Why would anyone make children read Rand?

Rand seems like something no one should ever read in school. I had to read mostly German novels, but not in my English classes. There are so many wonderful English classics. Why would anyone make children read Rand?

I too was led to believe this, so I read Atlas Shrugged in high school.

Atlas Shrugged is the worst book I've ever read.

Perhaps happily I have never read Rand's books, especially after hearing her particular personal views on varying subjects.

True Edgers carried around a copy of Mein Kampf

Nah, that's too on the nose.

Teddified

I remember just reading summaries of each chapter in The Great Gatsby (and probably other books) instead of actually reading the book. I got all I needed to pass from it.

I remember just reading summaries of each chapter in The Great Gatsby (and probably other books) instead of actually reading the book. I got all I needed to pass from it.

I've only done that once in my life and it was with Machiavelli's The Prince and I got an A...

Lijik

i wasnt getting the UPF complaints for a while, like "yeah I mean this isnt exciting but its got a cool relaxed vibe" and then I saw jasons game
wtf brad

My English teacher that year was a huge Rand-head despite being an outspoken liberal feminist, a juxtaposition that I still struggle to wrap my head around. So in the time it took us to read like three works of actual literary merit we got to read that 800-page doorstop.

The essay I wrote in which I pretended to appreciate the novel went on to win me a couple thousand dollars and a lifetime of emails from an Objectivist advocacy group but that's another story.

God Hand, getting fucked over by media coverage since 2006.

Shitty UPF made even worse after finding out where all the extra time spent on that fucking browser game came from.

santeesioux

I took a Tolkien course that was all about reading the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, my college experience was superior.
I don't even like the books that much as an adult

Quick question, how far does the Witcher 3 QL go? I haven't had much time to do any Witchering, but is it just basically sidequests during the gryphon parts?

tchocky

Quick question, how far does the Witcher 3 QL go? I haven't had much time to do any Witchering, but is it just basically sidequests during the gryphon parts?

The first half picks up after the GBeast playdate video

From the video notes

The first half is on the PC and is very early on. It is mostly side quests and poor combat. The second half is on the Xbox One, is about a dozen hours in, and definitely has some narrative spoilers in it.

They touch main story stuff from about 10 hours in when they jump to Alex's save so you can stop watching at that point if your avoiding that stuff.

popo

I notice that Drew tweeted out Eurovision stream links a couple of times, it's because they're doing a podcast right?

I doubt it, but would not be surprised if it comes up on the next Alt F1.

I would have liked a "Dan watches eurovision" live twitter trolling, but sadly he fled the country.

tchocky

Speaking of the deserter I find it interesting that since he has left GB his wife has appeared in some of his videos and is currently playing through Spelunky with Scoops advising her. I wonder if the reason she never appeared when he was with GB was because of the harassment he received back then, which he has said has died down since leaving.

neshcom

Banned
These are all just Fairway Solitaire ripoffs/re-skins, right? Watching the QL really put it in perspective that other people don't really know about it...

Speaking of the deserter I find it interesting that since he has left GB his wife has appeared in some of his videos and is currently playing through Spelunky with Scoops advising her. I wonder if the reason she never appeared when he was with GB was because of the harassment he received back then, which he has said has died down since leaving.

Listening through every Bombcast in order, today I got to the first episode with Patrick after being hired. The first two pages of comments are people complaining that he MIGHT talk too much and ruin the show. Skipped ahead a few pages where people have finished listening, it's people complaining that he didn't talk enough. It's really upsetting.

tchocky

Drew posts as many tweets during Eurovision as Dan does during a WWE PPV. It seems to be the only thing that gets him to spam twitter.

popo

No E3 for Patrick this year. I guess New Guy gets the shitty stick. Either that or Gawker is tighter than CBS with the travel budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom