• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the kind of funny thing about Dan's music taste isn't that he likes what he does, it's that his reasons for liking the things he does don't necessarily jive with the things that he likes

but it's Dan, it's a persona, bla bla.

hip hop Groupon.

where do I sign up?

I wish Brad wouldn't let Jeff talk him into thinking Destiny is bad. It's clear he likes it but til Jeff is done his rants Brad ends up on his side. One might even say he sounds broken.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
gotta get in on that hip hop groupon

edit: aw way late i should have refreshed

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
36 Chambers and the first solo albums is the strongest lineup of hip hop albums by any hip hop group . Liquid Swords for days.

Unlike wu-tang every one of Outkast's albums are good.

EVERY ONE.

So by default outkast is the best hip hop group.

Jintor

Dan's story about riptides is very frightening and also a good warning. I nearly drowned as a kid in a riptide trying to keep myself and a family friend afloat until we got saved by a surfer. It was some intense shit.

Don't get caught in riptides, and if you do, swim parallel to the shore until you're out of the riptide and then book it to the shore.

/edit and swim between the flags. they're not there just to look pretty.

Dan's story about riptides is very frightening and also a good warning. I nearly drowned as a kid in a riptide trying to keep myself and a family friend afloat until we got saved by a surfer. It was some intense shit.

Don't get caught in riptides, and if you do, swim parallel to the shore until you're out of the riptide and then book it to the shore.

Also, don't get waterboarded.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If we're talking about hip hoppers whose best work is from working in groups MF Doom's group catalog is easily some of the best shit out there.

Man the Witcher 3 sounds so good but if movement is the next step up from the lethargic tank of Assassin's and SoM, I think I'm going to have to completely pass on it. It drives me insane when when there's some weird artificial input delay.

Man the Witcher 3 sounds so good but if movement is the next step up from the lethargic tank of Assassin's and SoM, I think I'm going to have to completely pass on it. It drives me insane when when there's some weird artificial input delay.

It is really annoying, but Brad was totally right when he said that you eventually forget about it.

KingKong

Is there no run/walk with a controller? I'm on mouse and keyboard and its fine with that, run to where you want and switch to walking when you go inside or need precision

LiK

you get used to it. doesn't even bother me anymore when I explore. only an issue when trying to pick up loot.

Is there no run/walk with a controller? I'm on mouse and keyboard and its fine with that, run to where you want and switch to walking when you go inside or need precision

I walk all the time to soak myself into the atmosphere of the city. you do a jog when you press the analog stick all the way. you sprint when you press the X button on PS4.

Patryn

I wish Brad wouldn't let Jeff talk him into thinking Destiny is bad. It's clear he likes it but til Jeff is done his rants Brad ends up on his side. One might even say he sounds broken.

It's always unfortunate when people try to talk other people into not liking a game. Who cares what other people like?

If a person like a game, more power to them! Let them enjoy it.

you get used to it. doesn't even bother me anymore when I explore. only an issue when trying to pick up loot.

I walk all the time to soak myself into the atmosphere of the city. you do a jog when you press the analog stick all the way. you sprint when you press the X button on PS4.

This. I'm using a controller on PC and picking up loot (especialyl if theres fucking candles nearby) can be a pain in the ass but the rest of the time the controls seem fine to me

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It is really annoying, but Brad was totally right when he said that you eventually forget about it.

I've played over 20 hours, and I haven't forgotten about it. The game doesn't let you forget about how badly it controls by constantly getting you killed by how badly it controls. It's the only thing stopping me from marathoning the game. It's a really good thing it at least has strong story telling and characters because otherwise it would have gotten dumped with Dragon Age for me.

ESPECIALLY the looting. The looting drives me mad.

LiK

This. I'm using a controller on PC and picking up loot (especialyl if theres fucking candles nearby) can be a pain in the ass but the rest of the time the controls seem fine to me

ooo, where is your avatar from? I needs source!~

I'm trying to make my way through Witcher 2, but it's becoming increasingly difficult since Wild Hunt seems so much better.

play on Easy and get through the story. the town and map layouts are pretty bad, imo. but the story and characters are well worth it before jumping into TW3. WELL WORTH IT.

sprinkles

I hope they'll do a Quick Look of the release version of Audiosurf 2. I remember Jeff loving the first one but not feeling the Early Access when it launched a year or two ago.

I've played over 20 hours, and I haven't forgotten about it. The game doesn't let you forget about how badly it controls by constantly getting you killed by how badly it controls. It's the only thing stopping me from marathoning the game. It's a really good thing it at least has strong story telling and characters because otherwise it would have gotten dumped with Dragon Age for me.

ESPECIALLY the looting. The looting drives me mad.

I don't know how the movement is getting you killed unless you keep running off of slightly high ledges, I'll agree that the looting is a pain due to the game being picky with the angle you need to be at for the prompt to appear.

play on Easy and get through the story. the town and map layouts are pretty bad, imo. but the story and characters are well worth it before jumping into TW3. WELL WORTH IT.

Yeah maybe I'll do that. What's the deal with the Full Combat Rebalance, where it makes most aspects of the combat shittier and less fun?

CGBePUGUoAAADWS.jpg

popo

It is odd that they used "lorry". Even in the UK everyone seems to have adopted "truck" unless they are getting more specific about the type of truck.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It is odd that they used "lorry". Even in the UK everyone seems to have adopted "truck" unless they are getting more specific about the type of truck.

Is that true? I still hear lorry enough to laugh about it every time (including in that story above). Maybe it's because I only really have occasion to hear Jeremy Clarkson talk about British trucks and every word he uses is the one that was appropriate in 1950.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom