• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

CGBePUGUoAAADWS.jpg

Holy crap. Someone really likes Splatoon it seems.

Myggen

nah, they like easy money

Got amiibos for days.

Look for someone to post a picture of their apartment full of Splatoon amiibos like that one crazy guy did with the amiibos he planned to sell on ebay or whatever.

Maybe they shouldn't have stole a Wii U game then

Normally I would agree, but this has amiibos. People are probably willing to pay a ton for that shit.

Imagine if it was a truck full of Ike(?) amiibos. Would've been the heist of the century.

Forgot I could now post on here.

Hello!

I've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to sign up. Got approved after a long wait and just wanted to say I've really enjoyed these threads for a long time (years?) and this has been just about the only place I've liked to read about GB lately. The forums have gotten terrible, the comments are getting YouTube-esque, and the subreddit isn't active enough. These OT's have been my sane GB discussion place of solace.

Looking forward to actually interacting with you guys instead of just getting to read now.

Myggen

I see the Toys R Us full of Amiibos these days. The days of Little Mac are gone, friends

I refuse to believe it.

It will be weird when Nintendo begins to lock more stuff that people actually want behind owning specific amiibos (there's the skin stuff in Yoshi, but who the fuck cares) if they plan on doing something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if there's backlash if that happens because it will make it seem very much like on disc DLC.

edit: I think a Fire Emblem character was locked behind an amiibo in Code Name STEAM? Stuff like that.

Hello!

I've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to sign up. Got approved after a long wait and just wanted to say I've really enjoyed these threads for a long time (years?) and this has been just about the only place I've liked to read about GB lately. The forums have gotten terrible, the comments are getting YouTube-esque, and the subreddit isn't active enough. These OT's have been my sane GB discussion place of solace.

Looking forward to actually interacting with you guys instead of just getting to read now.

Welcome.

2743444-6702353824-tumbl.gif

Myggen

At least you guys (pretend to?) like the site.

I forgot to mention chat. Chat sucks. A lot.

Chat sucks for everything, everywhere. Never read any chat for any live stream of anything. People weren't meant to be able to give that kind of instant feedback to something they're watching.

I haven't noticed the GB chat getting much worse because it has by and large always been terrible. I almost always watch live streams from the front page these days.

edit: If you want to visit a crazy place for discussing GB, go pay $5 or whatever it costs now to get a Something Awful membership and go to that thread. Aside from 4chan it has always been the most batshit GB community.

Quenk

Chat is good for smaller streams from my experience. There are a few Twitch streams I watch that have 10-100 viewers and people are usually not spouting garbage.

Front page live streams for me, too. It's better to pretend chat doesn't exist. I use these threads to comment, and I think we're generally a pretty rational bunch.

BearPawB

Banned

Hello!

i think i have used the GB forums twice

Chat sucks for everything, everywhere. Never read any chat for any live stream of anything. People weren't meant to be able to give that kind of instant feedback to something they're watching.

I haven't noticed the GB chat getting much worse because it has by and large always been terrible. I almost always watch live streams from the front page these days.
5 minute cool downs and Mods having unrelated, personal conversations filling up the entire page are staples of GB's chat. Also being unable to understand sarcasm and jokes is a chat trademark. It's a great experience.

I stopped reading it months and months ago. Opening up these threads and following on here have been my go to for a long time now.

Myggen

5 minute cool downs and Mods having unrelated, personal conversations filling up the entire page are staples of GB's chat. Also being unable to understand sarcasm and jokes is a chat trademark. It's a great experience.

I stopped reading it months and months ago. Opening up these threads and following on here have been my go to for a long time now.

I'm not gonna be too hard on mods cracking down on things left and right in chat because of how fast things moves, and how bad things can get. So I get the "ban first, ask questions later" attitude and I welcome it in some ways. Draconian moderation is what any live chat needs.

But still, yeah, I tend to stay away from live chats in general (the Awesome Games Done Quick chat is probably the worst chat I've ever witnessed, but that's a discussion for another day).

I hate PS4 Twitch streams with the chat on the stream because there's always people who try to be 2edgy4me with awful shitposting, and I'm so worried of that happening that I can't really focus on the stream itself.

i think i have used the GB forums twice
I've been a premium member for years now and the forums were a place I wanted to start participating in but even pre-Patrick and Dan they were a place I wasn't enjoying. Since they added Patrick and Dan they've gotten considerably more intolerable to me.

LiK

GB forums were unbearable when I tried. People trying too hard to be smart and witty like with the GB crew. I feel bad for the mods there.

I'm not gonna be too hard on mods cracking down on things left and right in chat because of how fast things moves, and how bad things can get. So I get the "ban first, ask questions later" attitude and I welcome it in some ways. Draconian moderation is what any live chat needs.

But still, yeah, I tend to stay away from live chats in general (the Awesome Games Done Quick chat is probably the worst chat I've ever witnessed, but that's a discussion for another day).
I don't actually have a problem with the actual modding, it just gets annoying when the global cool down is like 4 minutes and three mods are talking about their PC build or something with no cool down. Just makes it worthless.

The first Mario Party Party stream was when I swore off Chat for good.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I never trust people complaining about mods, they are usually just dicks.
Sorry, stump.

my reward for trying to make jokes in chat is usually being warned by the mods

everyone's a critic
Full disclosure:

During Patrick's P.T. live stream I typed 'put your dick in it', while drinking, when a mysterious hole appeared in a bathroom. I got like a 48 hour chat ban or something. It's a dumb, unoriginal comment but considering I've never posted anything bad before (or much at all) I thought that was a little excessive. Especially since a lot of other people started making the same/similar joke after I got banned.

Messaged Rorie about it and he leveled with me. Rorie is a good dude and it was cool of him to treat me like an adult after a long day of work when he is probably inundated with inane bullshit all day.

Patryn

I've always avoided the GB chat like the plague, dating back to the old Happy Hour days when Sara would show up and people would creepily spam that one lingerie pic of her.

Myggen

The Doof Worrier @alex_navarro · 2 hours ago

Gonna wait until I try out Splatoon's retail servers before I review it, but generally speaking: Splatoon is good. It is fun and I like it.

Alex likes video games confirmed.

I've always avoided the GB chat like the plague, dating back to the old Happy Hour days when Sara would show up and people would creepily spam that one lingerie pic of her.
lol, Jesus. GB's own version of 'Hafu nudes'. I don't remember that but I'm not surprised.

Listening to old Bombcasts as I usually do, thank goodness for Ryan editing out spoilers. I wish they did that now instead of just putting notes on the podcast page.

Myggen

Listening to old Bombcasts as I usually do, thank goodness for Ryan editing out spoilers. I wish they did that now instead of just putting notes on the podcast page.

They weren't close to doing that all the time back then either IIRC. That was more the exception than the rule, wasn't it?

I wonder if there will be a game that gets them to do another spoilercast. Those have been some of my favorite GB content ever.

Maybe MGS V will warrant one.

Fox318

I listened to an older bombcast recently as well.

Not until now do I appreciate how good Ryan was at hosting. He knew when to cut segments short 99% of the time (Cutting Vinny's Witcher talk short being the 1%)

Patryn

I listened to an older bombcast recently as well.

Not until now do I appreciate how good Ryan was at hosting. He knew when to cut segments short 99% of the time (Cutting Vinny's Witcher talk short being the 1%)

He also edited out the infamous Resident Evil 4 digression.

30 minutes on the cutting room floor.

But, yeah, Ryan was a great host usually.

What Ryan said to Patrick when he came back after his father passed was one of the most genuinely kind things I've ever heard. I think it summed up what type of guy Ryan was pretty succinctly.

Ryan had such a deft touch at handling all types of discussion and knowing when to let guys go and when to switch gears. Vinny's inquisitiveness is also something I/the Bombcast miss.

Megasoum

Banned
I remember that gif blowing up on Reddit too back in the day.

edit: Going by the Bombcast it seems like they've already got a location in LA for the E3 stuff. This is almost too professional.

Of course they do lol.. They always had them at least a month or two before E3. It's not the kind of thing you book 2 weeks before the show.

Myggen

Of course they do lol.. They always had them at least a month or two before E3. It's not the kind of thing you book 2 weeks before the show.

Yeah, I guess. It's probably that we haven't heard anything about it this year that made it seem way smoother than previous years. I remember them talking about going to LA and stuff like that last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom