• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaning isn't very intuitive on keyboard, I've found. Having to hold down alt as a modifier plus A or D is a hassle. Probably a lot easier on a controller, but then aiming sucks.
I find it pretty natural to use my thumb to hold alt. You can always remap it if you find it awkward, everyone has different hands and such.

popo

Jurassic Park or The Lost World?

Why the fuck would that person send him that.

Lost World and creepy stalker type with too much money?

Still not as bad as a pile of raw beef.

That was dumb because most of the people Epic sent it to work in offices - but it was just minced beef, shipped in dry ice I believe, so not all that nasty as they all made out. More inconvenient than anything.

hamchan

I wonder if they just immediately throw all their mailbag trash out after the video is done. That's what I would do.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wonder if they just immediately throw all their mailbag trash out after the video is done. That's what I would do.

Probably. What else are they going to do with this stuff. They probably already own most of the games or have no interest in them.

Jintor

you know conceivably i could go down to denden town and just get them something.

i'd have to figure out how to post things to places first though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've been thinking of walking into a Supercuts and just telling them to do whatever. Would I regret it?

5HJrtkW.jpg

you know conceivably i could go down to denden town and just get them something.

i'd have to figure out how to post things to places first though.

just ship them a stack of FM Towns games for the ultimate in useless garbage being sent to the site

or a WonderSwan or something

Ya'll were spot on, the Kerbal QL is great. And Alex made a good point; drifting in space is amongst the most tense stuff I've ever seen.

I fell into a DEEP Kerbal hole about two years ago, I think? entire weekends just vanished. I'm worried about what would happen if I were to start it up again.

justjim89

I'm at early 2011 Bombcast when NintenDownload X-Press became its own spin-off podcast. They're not on the site anymore, but luckily Jeff put them all on Soundcloud.

Episode 2 has its own storyline and it's amazing so far:
https://soundcloud.com/jeff-gerstmann/nintendownload-x-press-01-24

I remember coming across Nintendo Download X-Press in college before I got into Giant Bomb, but I knew Jeff from being into Gamespot stuff before he got fired. I was a Wii-only gamer at the time and I lapped up every above average game that came out for Wii and heralded it as a masterpiece, as you do when you're in that situation. IGN's Wii-k In Review and later Nintendo Voice Chat was getting kinda infrequent and I wanted another Nintendo podcast, so I thought, "Hey! This gives me a chance to listen to Jeff Gerstmann again!"

I can't tell you how fanboy mad I got when I realized he was just taking the piss out of the whole deal.

LiK

the latest Vinnyvania and UPF were thoroughly entertaining. i laughed out loud a lot during both of them. really great stuff.

I remember losing my fucking mind laughing at the NDX with the Ricker.

"I know two things: open-wheel racing and Winnebagos, and it sounds to me like they're trying to train America's youth for that bar game where you touch the stuff that's different"

Anjin M

Just got around to watching Alt+F1 Track Walk: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. Danny and Drew are so good together.

theRizzle

Everything I know about open-wheel racing I learned from The Ricker.

I miss those podcasts. Even when they first started doing the Nintendo stuff on the regular podcast and we got to hear Jeff slide a little further into madness every week... that was awesome

Everything I know about open-wheel racing I learned from The Ricker.

I'm listening to this episode right now. Hardest I've laughed at anything this year so far. I'm seriously in tears and can't breathe.

"EA approached me to do a racing game. I gave them a few ideas which they stole to do John Madden's Football."

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Who was The Ricker anyway? Way too funny never to be heard from again.

jaina

I'm not sure how accurate that ever was, the iTunes "top podcast" lists have always been known to be pretty random and not very accurate.

Yeah, for example at least part of it depends on recent episode downloads, so for weekly shows the highest rank is on the weekday after release.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at early 2011 Bombcast when NintenDownload X-Press became its own spin-off podcast. They're not on the site anymore, but luckily Jeff put them all on Soundcloud.

Episode 2 has its own storyline and it's amazing so far:
https://soundcloud.com/jeff-gerstmann/nintendownload-x-press-01-24
That is still really funny. Vinny had no idea.

still sending emails to ndx@bxr.me

one day i'll get a reply
Even the email adress makes me smile

Myggen

Yeah, for example at least part of it depends on recent episode downloads, so for weekly shows the highest rank is on the weekday after release.

I remember reading a breakdown of it some time ago, and it seemed like a hilariously bad way to make top lists.

edit:

2748170-testing.png

Source

Alfredo

Remember when we got a Bombcast on Monday, disguised as a "sponsor" for NDX? That was amazing.

And the one that Ryan took over for and just tried guessing what Jeff's normal segments were supposed to be. Oh man, NDX was comedy genius, but you can't expect any less from Jeff!

I remember when the bombcast fucked over jeff and dropped out of sponsoring ndx over some petty shit and jeff had to eat instant noodles which burned his mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom