• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebetite

Banned
Castlevania III is a real treat so you can all look forward to that.

it also gets stupid hard at the end-- three phase dracula fight with some unfortunate checkpoint shenanigans (you actually need to fight enemies again if you die on dracula, and if you run out of lives you need to do the entire last level over again). so vinny'll be stuck on that for a good long while i bet

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wow, in the entire debate about PT's removal, I completely forgot about this point.

97df86c03540f657abd10ae0631032f7.png

Only crazy people are using PT as a case against digital distribution.

Antiwhippy

There's a whole lot of crazy on Gaf then. Not that I should be surprised.
I mean it should be a case on regulating publisher control over digital content and how we should archive it going forward, but to use it as a case against the entirety of digital distribution? Madness. It's the best thing to happen to this industry in awhile.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's a whole lot of crazy on Gaf then. Not that I should be surprised.

People on gaf have been looking for a martyr for their 'digital games are evil' mentality since the new consoles launched. There are people who begged for Yakuza 5 and now that they're getting it are like, 'man i wanted phsyical :['

People on gaf have been looking for a martyr for their 'digital games are evil' mentality since the new consoles launched. There are people who begged for Yakuza 5 and now that they're getting it are like, 'man i wanted phsyical :['

That Yakuza 5 stuff was real dumb, not buying it only hurts yourself as you're never getting a physical release.

justjim89

Boondock Saints is a good movie.

Doom is a good movie.

The best Bond is Daniel Craig.

Star Wars and Star Trek are both terrible in every incarnation.

Come at me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Yakuza 5 stuff was real dumb, not buying it only hurts yourself as you're never getting a physical release.

It hurts others two because this is one of those times where we need to show Sony there's some sort of demand for it in the states.

I want my Y0.

Doom is a good movie.

Come at me.

I mean the last line indicates that you already know all your opinions are wrong so there's no point actually coming at you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do like people who buy physical this gen. 'I'm not falling for this digital future!'
day 1 patch that fixes half the game - 5.0 gb

you're downloading something huge and necessary regardless. that was the point where i was like, 'boy this phsyical shit seems like a waste of time.'

It hurts others two because this is one of those times where we need to show Sony there's some sort of demand for it in the states.

I want my Y0.

Yup, in some cases there might be a good reason for wanting a physical release but if you were asking for Yakuza 5 to be localised then you should have expected a digital only release and you should be happy that's it's coming at all.

what 12 year old doesn't like star wars

A smart one, if a 12 year old has seen any star wars it's likely the prequels.

Scizzy

I'm utterly incapable of writing this in a way that doesn't sound mean and I don't mean to be, so please ignore me.

Myggen

There is a distinction between graduating from college and being college educated.

tumblr_me5m8hIVWv1rani6a.gif

Only crazy people are using PT as a case against digital distribution.

That has been the main point made in threads about this on GAF, Reddit etc. outside of "Konami sucks". Even Patrick alluded to it in his article. I agree that this should be looked at as an isolated thing due to how unique PT is (a free promotional teaser that has nothing to do with the game it's promoting), but try to argue that in threads about it.

Dan knows his degree is a joke, the way he brings it up periodically. Really, despite being able to skip out/shortcut a ton of classes, he did exactly what he needed to do to get into the industry in the first place. So he's smart, just not in what he "studied" in school.

danm999

so it's like The Matrix ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I still think the Matrix is a good movie and I watched it again last month.

Dan knows his degree is a joke, the way he brings it up periodically. Really, despite being able to skip out/shortcut a ton of classes, he did exactly what he needed to do to get into the industry in the first place. So he's smart, just not in what he "studied" in school.

Yes and Dan has never attempted to pull rank (like which Terminator is best for example) in a movie discussion on the basis of his degree.

danm999

I don't think studying which terminator is better is the point of getting a film degree, but sure. :p

I had a friend who did a film degree where the relative merits of the Terminator movies where absolutely part of the course curriculum. My suspicion is the course coordinator felt really burnt after seeing Terminator Salvation and felt the need to vent.

Antiwhippy

I had a friend who did a film degree where the relative merits of the Terminator movies where absolutely part of the course curriculum. My suspicion is the course coordinator felt really burnt after seeing Terminator Salvation and felt the need to vent.

Did he also study in KU?

danm999

I intended to get through a bunch of backlog Giant Bomb stuff I hadn't seen today whilst I dicked around in GTA V but there was 4+ hours of content released today and now I'm split happy and sad.

Did he also study in KU?

Nah, this is one we can't blame on Kansas. It was a uni in Melbourne.

Mully

There is a distinction between graduating from college and being college educated. Dan is a smart guy in his way, but not a particularly educated one.

Jeff and Alex must be real dumb-o's then. Neither of them went to college.

Scizzy

Eh i disagree. Its the same thing in the end but its just what you do with it after the fact.

Also your edit sounds way worse tbh

may not have been the intent but +1 on this reaction as well

I deleted the comment because it was really mean and Dan is many things that stretch the boundaries of language, but cool in all the important ways.

Watching Alex play Wolfenstein is triggering me
Because he's so awful? Watching the game played on consoles is such a completely different experience than the one I had with a mouse and keyboard that I found the quick look frustrating. Although Alex could have leaned more :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only issue with Wolfenstein with a controller are those fucking drones. Everything else is fine but those drones are serious bullshit without a mouse.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Doom is a good movie.

Come at me.

I expected nothing less from somebody with a Dan avatar.

Fuck. Now I really want to know what "Phone call from a Flamingo" is about. Does it say "Mirror's are more fun than television"? That would be pretty awesome. And weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom