• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thatsmyfetishz4phw.gif

Is there a version of this without the text?

I hope Austin doesn't get the same hatred Patrick got with some of his articles. He seems like a good dude.

I don't think he will. I feel like most people who dismiss the sort of stuff Patrick writes about were scared away from GB a while ago.

Zebetite

Banned
okay guys let's get back on topic

let people discover the glory of JoJo's on their own now

we can only show them the way, they must walk it for themselves.

shouts out/congrats to lisa and jason though! we're maybe one dad short of having a Giant Dadcast ft. Paul Ryckert.

I've seen 2 episodes of jojo and think it's pretty overrated.

wow, you saw two episodes of an adaptation of a comic book anthology that's 8 entirely different stories, some of which are completely different in format and style from another and were able to judge the whole thing, amazing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
60 seconds looks great
for a bundle fodder game

:(

danm999

it was a politics year iirc. XCOM was the one everybody agreed was good, everything else had highs and lows

Yeah it's competition was Far Cry 3 and Walking Dead.

Walking Dead had technical issues mostly, and Far Cry 3 had the way it ends held against it.

jambo

I'm watching the Say Hello to Austin video and...

Austin really reminds me of Mike Krahulik from Penny Arcade. Just the way he talks and some of his mannerisms.

Scizzy

Really, the weirdest thing about the 2012 GOTY debate was that it featured a final showdown between two strong games that were very well-liked by literally everyone in the room (except Jeff didn't like The Walking Dead). They spent forever praising the efficiency and depth of X-Com and the way in which it reintroduced an entire genre. And they spoke over and over again about how compelling and original The Walking Dead felt. These were two great, great games.

Then no one ever played The Walking Dead Season 2 except Alex and Patrick and I'm pretty sure no one even tried (!) The Enemy Within. I know this is GB and not everything gets played, but these Were especially noteworthy omissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom