• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should make a really creepy gb scrapbook and send it to them.

Might actually watch this mailbag though, gets awkward watching the crew try to be positive about getting sent literal shit.

I hope they hold off with the Jamma stuff on Friday, and instead do an Old Games Show: Jamma Edition next week.

a good chunk of their gear will be on a truck next week, so I don't know if that's peak time to try to hook up a Supergun to the stream

I could be wrong

It's crazy how much better the human faces are in ODST compared to Halo 3 and they were still terrible.

Yeah, watched the video, and it's pretty easy to see what the problem is. Every time someone has a facial expression, it looks incredibly exaggerated and quick, like they're a bunch of actors in a play and they're trying to make sure the people in the back row can see the emotions for each line. It clashes with the apparent aim for a realistic artstyle, and looks creepy and cartoony as a result. Perhaps if they went with a more cel-shaded artstyle, the exaggerated expressions would've fit better, but with the "realistic" artstyle, the exaggeration looks unnatural and takes you out of the cutscene. Sort of like those silly Garry's Mod G-Man faces.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's a cold calculated tactician but Radovid is a child and he can't get over that his babysitter was mean to him.

The amount of shit people talk behind his back leads me to think the latter.

Every time he's in a cutscene, my brain just goes 'Elliot Rodger, Elliot Rodger, Elliot Rodger.' Like the first meeting where he's doing shit that only someone like that would think is 'cool' or 'badass'

danm999

Every time he's in a cutscene, my brain just goes 'Elliot Rodger, Elliot Rodger, Elliot Rodger.' Like the first meeting where he's doing shit that only someone like that would think is 'cool' or 'badass'

Jesus you're right, thinking back to that conversation we had about why he plays chess.

Fuck it, I'm gonna agree to Sigi's proposal to murderise him. I was on the fence until now.

This'll be my first Giant Bomb during E3. Had no idea they commentate over the streams, which sounds WAY better than just watching it regularly on my own.

Jothel

This'll be my first Giant Bomb during E3. Had no idea they commentate over the streams, which sounds WAY better than just watching it regularly on my own.
It is - they've only really just started doing it too. Beforehand they went to them and then would film a report afterwards - which was good too, it's nice having the realtime reactions now though!
If you have some spare time go back and watch some of the older E3 videos they made - especially one by Drew called something like "the Longest Day" can't remember what year it's from though, maybe 2013?

It is - they've only really just started doing it too. Beforehand they went to them and then would film a report afterwards - which was good too, it's nice having the realtime reactions now though!
If you have some spare time go back and watch some of the older E3 videos they made - especially one by Drew called something like "the Longest Day" can't remember what year it's from though, maybe 2013?

I've been slacking on videos for the last month, but since Witcher 1 isn't working on my laptop I got a lot more free time lol.

Gonna look for it now though, thanks.

You get great moments like this that are better than the actual conference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hq3n52FY3U

LOL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You get great moments like this that are better than the actual conference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hq3n52FY3U
7eZPxkZ.gif

ioiouioi0rjd8.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
E3 is more like Giant Bomb Super Bowl to me. It's all a wonderful fun experience.
Indeed. I'm already planning meals and snack for this thing. Maybe some bacon wrapped dates, camper pancakes for the morning, steady stream of coffee throughout the day.

That arcade board mailbag was awesome. I wonder if the GB realize that those boxes coming from Canada would have cost well over $100 to ship haha

Anjin M

Here is the E3: The Longest Day video, if anyone needs it. It is both the best version of the old way they covered press conferences as well as proof as to why the new way is better.

edit://
Watching now. I forgot about the subsidized Xbox concept. And the Power of the Cloud!

edit2://
Happy Birthday, Ryan. :(

BanGy.nz

Banned
Here is the E3: The Longest Day video, if anyone needs it. It is both the best version of the old way they covered press conferences as well as proof as to why the new way is better.

edit://
Watching now. I forgot about the subsidized Xbox concept. And the Power of the Cloud!
Drake talking about how hard the FIFA development team work is secretly the best thing about E3 2013.

Volotaire

I can't wait to see what guests they have cooked up this year. After Phil Spencer and Yoshida last year along with Palmer Lucky and whole host of the great regulars, what can they do next?

Zornack

I can't wait to see what guests they have cooked up this year. After Phil Spencer and Yoshida last year along with Palmer Lucky and whole host of the great regulars, what can they do next?

Todd Howard would be cool. Maybe John Carmack? He'll probably be at E3 with Oculus, no?

Volotaire

Todd Howard would be cool. Maybe John Carmack? He'll probably be at E3 with Oculus, no?

That's a great idea. I think Todd regularly attends E3 as well so hopefully they manage to grab someone from Bethesda. Carmack is with Oculus, but I think it would be a major grab if GB manage to to do a segment with him (perhaps with a smaller segment of guests a la Ed Boon last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom