• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

So, video games. Will we have a GBeast Playdate on Friday or next week? Might be possible because they don't need to pack any equipment.

Patrick Klepek is now a card carrying union member. He's evolved into the ultimate SJW, I'm not sure anyone can stop him now except for possibly a surprising teamster heel turn by one Dan Ryckert.

daydream

Banned
aaanyway, i could really go for a beast stream tonight

they're probably too busy with e3 prep, huh

just have alex stream more regency solitaire

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I love it when they trash talk LA on the Bombcast between discussions of San Fran's $3,000 per month average rents, class warfare over buses, and literally having to dodge between piles of human feces on the sidewalks of their neo-libertarian techno wank paradise.

but LA is literally a butthole of a city. I live in San Francisco, it used to be great, but at least and I take solace in this knowledge. At least it isn't LA.

I wish people would let that go. Someone was drunk years ago talking about video games. Big deal.

but she was annoying during something I enjoy.

I trust you guys for gaming opinions, did anyone play Divinity: Dragon Commander? And if so, how was it? It's on sale on GOG and I remember thinking it looked cool when it was coming out, but never got around to picking it up.

what former staff? Brad Nicholson?
no one on editorial has chosen to leave apart from patrick this is a brave new world.

much like the end of sphere i
choose to forget

naw just funning maybe they can get some good gawker jokes out of him on podcasts

Lol. I guess I actually meant more like Whiskey staff anyway to be fair. People like Dave and Alexis will always be part of GB along with Patrick

....Brad Nicholson not so much :p

Zaph

I trust you guys for gaming opinions, did anyone play Divinity: Dragon Commander? And if so, how was it? It's on sale on GOG and I remember thinking it looked cool when it was coming out, but never got around to picking it up.

I thought it was a great, really unique experience. It mixes strategy (real time and turn based), with Bioware-style (shallow) RPG on this cool airship, and some third person dragon action to boot.

None of those elements are individually very good, but the game is much more than the sum of its parts.

Also, it gives you daily newspaper headlines which is always the sign of a great game IMO.

Indignate

The RTS aspects are a bit on the simple side and are designed to be rush heavy, but the political coating over the campaign is really great.

It does have the same problem that I have with every conquest/risk mode in that you end up getting into way more battles than you care about that and it just turns into a simulator. The game seems to expect this though, since it gives you generals you can send into battle that increase your chances of winning so that you don't feel like you have to be in every fight.

Also, you're a dragon with a fuckin jetpack.

Man that QL is quality for the game, but for some reason I have a much fonder image of the dragon portion of the battle than what was shown off.

That and I don't much care for RTS games.

TraBuch

Banned
Jeff seems to have an extremely wide range of musical taste. I've always known that, but I didn't realize how wide until I started listening to his mixlr.

Jeff's told the story of how he came across Tommy Heavenly/February while in Japan. Basically he saw one of her videos on tv and nearly missed a flight going to music shops to track down her cd.

I had her as my avatar for a while

21608-tommyfebruary6-zy45.jpg

of note: that self-titled February6 album is still untouchable

Wunder

Jeff's told the story of how he came across Tommy Heavenly/February while in Japan. Basically he saw one of her videos on tv and nearly missed a flight going to music shops to track down her cd.

I had her as my avatar for a while

21608-tommyfebruary6-zy45.jpg

of note: that self-titled February6 album is still untouchable

splatoon dlc?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have one of those All Stars fight sticks as well because my local Gamestop had to get rid of them, so I got it for like 3 dollars.

I have no idea why anyone would play WWE All Stars with a fight stick. Gee, I wonder why THQ went out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom