• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. She will in fact be hosting all the round table discussions.

In fact she's replacing all the guests with a 30 minute monologue about how E3 is bad and games are too violent, as well as a bunch of boring indie developers who made bad narrative "experiences" about walking around empty 3d environments where you play as soulless protagionists who attempt social commentary with such insightful pontifications like, "Burning plants to inhale them. It’s kind of gross. But kind of mystical as well.”

that's a real line from Sunset

In fact she's replacing all the guests with a 30 minute monologue about how E3 is bad and games are too violent, as well as a bunch of boring indie developers who made bad narrative "experiences" about walking around empty 3d environments where you play as soulless protagionists who attempt social commentary with such insightful pontifications like, "Burning plants to inhale them. It’s kind of gross. But kind of mystical as well.”

that's a real line from Sunset

are you ok

FStop7

Banned
I love it when they trash talk LA on the Bombcast between discussions of San Fran's $3,000 per month average rents, class warfare over buses, and literally having to dodge between piles of human feces on the sidewalks of their neo-libertarian techno wank paradise.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I love it when they trash talk LA on the Bombcast between discussions of San Fran's $3,000 per month average rents, class warfare over buses, and literally having to dodge between piles of human feces on the sidewalks of their neo-libertarian techno wank paradise.

You should write in about that.

Make sure to rope in a few other states to get them to write in too.

Megasoum

Banned

They've been super vocal about how terrible San Francisco is too...

LiK

Leigh Alexander hasn't been back since that one appearance back in the day, iirc. Don't think she would return anyway after that silly rant about GB's hiring practices on Twitter.

I like Alexander's writing but sometimes she goes off on Twitter and crosses the line. Had to unfollow her.

I love it when they trash talk any place on the Bombcast because of reactions like this.

GavinGT

Banned
Leigh Alexander hasn't been back since that one appearance back in the day, iirc. Don't think she would return anyway after that silly rant about GB's hiring practices on Twitter.

I like Alexander's writing but sometimes she goes off on Twitter and crosses the line. Had to unfollow her.

They brought her back the year after 775 million, IIRC. It didn't go all that much better.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wish people would let that go. Someone was drunk years ago talking about video games. Big deal.

I had forgotten how hard I cringed when the guy told his story about getting tear-gased at a rally to sell a fucking video game for a multinational corporate conglomerate.

They brought her back the year after 775 million, IIRC. It didn't go all that much better.

I think the first time was the <> year. The second year was FUCK BOSTON and the 775 million USD year.

Both where in the shitty house they use to rent so it was pretty early in the GB timeline anyway.

But yeah. Dont see Leigh appearing there again. Last time I paid attention to her was when she was giving her 2 cents when everyone was going crazy when they didnt hire a women last year and she called Patrick "the one good person who works there" or something along those lines.

So I dont think she will be around for tea any time soon.

they didn't bring her back after 775, 775 was her last appearance. the year before, she was on talking about her nazi fetishism and the narrative genius that Hideo Kojima was. the <> was the same event as 775.

Soon after her 775 appearance, there was a screenshot someone found where Ryan was talking about someone who acted kinda like a sociopath and people assumed that he was discussing Leigh.

I've been following these guys for too long now.

Xater

Magicka has been in my backlog for like 4 years...

Always mean to try it but never get around to it.

It's fun.

I have already bought Magicka 2 but barely played it because I want to coop it with one of my friends. He is coming over tomorrow, so that should be great.

Patryn

Yeah, I don't think GB would invite Leigh, and I don't think she'd accept an invitation.

It's clear that she is less than fond of GB and their fanbase (arguably for some justified reasons).

It's in the past at this point. Just leave it be.

danm999

I had forgotten how hard I cringed when the guy told his story about getting tear-gased at a rally to sell a fucking video game for a multinational corporate conglomerate.

Yeah mixing something with as much gravitas as the concerns over the surveillance state and the right to privacy in the 21st century with the frivolity of selling another fucking Ubisoft open world game is just a hilarious contrast.

Like, I just laugh everytime. At least the guy who seemed ready to nut on a sports car for the Driveclub presentation didn't have that problem.

Zaph

Magicka is such an incredible local multiplayer game, I'm talking Gang Beasts tier. As you try to 'co-operate' and get through the game, you just end up blowing each other up in more and more spectacular ways. I'm surprised it never became a mainstay at GB, seemed perfect for them.

Not heard great things about Magicka 2 though.

demidar

Yeah mixing something with as much gravitas as the concerns over the surveillance state and the right to privacy in the 21st century with the frivolity of selling another fucking Ubisoft open world game is just a hilarious contrast.

Like, I just laugh everytime. At least the guy who seemed ready to nut on a sports car for the Driveclub presentation didn't have that problem.

I hope we get similar moments of complete lack of self-awareness. It always makes me laugh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

The government paranoia guy was selling infamous, not watchdogs.

I wonder how stretched Arrowhead studios has been given that in the last year they've pushed out Gauntlet, Helldivers, and now Magicka 2. I know Helldivers seems to be a quality product but Gauntlet seemed like a rush job and Magicka 2 looks ok.

Magicka is such an incredible local multiplayer game, I'm talking Gang Beasts tier. As you try to 'co-operate' and get through the game, you just end up blowing each other up in more and more spectacular ways. I'm surprised it never became a mainstay at GB, seemed perfect for them.

Not heard great things about Magicka 2 though.

Yeah I played through Magicka with a couple of friends during a 4-day LAN party. I don't even want to know how many hours it took, shit gets hard towards the end.

Xater

I wonder how stretched Arrowhead studios has been given that in the last year they've pushed out Gauntlet, Helldivers, and now Magicka 2. I know Helldivers seems to be a quality product but Gauntlet seemed like a rush job and Magicka 2 looks ok.

Arrowhead had nothing to do with Magicka 2. It's a completely different developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom