• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Magicka is like Trine to me. Where it was cool the first time, but was anyone dying for a sequel? Especially when the main thing of those was the unique mechanic?

daydream

Banned
Magicka is like Trine to me. Where it was cool the first time, but was anyone dying for a sequel? Especially when the main thing of those was the unique mechanic?

totally, although magicka always felt more sound to me, mechanically

don't wanna play more of either series, in any case

Vic Tokai

Neo Member
they wasted like zero time after that first mini album to start sucking but even still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w7xbk39PVw

I apologize in advance for the terrible choice that uploader made in thumbnail images

I... wha? Huh. Didn't realize there were people who didn't like DIStopping. I thought it was actually better than the first album; in fact it was my favorite album of 2014. And even though the most recent single didn't do much for me, their second most recent single ("tongari young") is one of my favorite tracks they've released so far. I'm eagerly awaiting their new mini album later this summer.

To each their own, I suppose. Although they did just sign with a major label, so I'm guessing I'm not the only person who still thinks they're great. So, uh, take that, I guess?

Secret footage of Dan at collage:

CqrS6CX.gif

I put DIStopping in my top 10 even though it was also a crushing disappointment. a couple of those songs are still pretty good though.

bleh

TraBuch

Banned
Lollipop Candy BAD Girl

e: 100% with Jeff, Heavenly doesn't do it for me like February does

e2: except maybe this song which I like almost as much as any February song

Thanks. At first, I youtubed the song and was wondering what the hell you were listening to, but then I kept listening and it eventually switched up.

Not a fan of that song? I find it pretty catchy, even the halloweenish part.

Not a fan of that song? I find it pretty catchy, even the halloweenish part.

dude I have all of her albums but February is just like three degrees more awesome than Heavenly to me. but my bias towards good electropop is not new news.

even that most recent album was killer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTTmYLMgyPU

she was 38 in that video. I love her so much it hurts

So you're saying it was the Destiny of your top ten music list?

basically. and like Destiny, once I put it away and stopped trying to deal with it, my quality of life improved.

Tucah

you speak so well

Exactly. The first one was a fun thing to mess around with but I had my fill back then, no real reason to go back for more.

but LA is literally a butthole of a city. I live in San Francisco, it used to be great, but at least and I take solace in this knowledge. At least it isn't LA.

Man the unrequited salt toward LA from the Bay Area is so strong.

LA is an absolutely fabulous place to live and work. It is an absolutely terrible place to visit, unless you have a native taking you around.

I've lived in California my whole life between Northern and Southern. LA is fine. Hell, I like LA. But when I say 'LA' in this context, as many do, I actually mean Valencia/Santa Clarita.

LA city limits is a hellish landscape, but who goes to downtown LA but monsters anyway?

[EDIT] Ok not my whole life, I moved to Texas late last year.

Volotaire

So I did not know Jose's relevance as a celebrity (it makes sense since he participates in American sports) but it highlights Dan's incredible access to celebrities.

In May 2013, Jose Canseco provided the foreword to the novel Air Force Gator 2: Scales of Justice by Dan Ryckert.[38] In it, he claims the book about the alcoholic alligator pilot is a "weakly veiled" metaphor for his own life.[39]

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So I did not know Jose's relevance as a celebrity (it makes sense since he participates in American sports) but it highlights Dan's incredible access to celebrities.

I am pretty sure that all came from Dan antagonizing Canseco on twitter, not having any sort of direct access.

I just don't understand why Dan brought up Dracula. Was he insinuating that Vlad is a vampire? Because if there's one thing I learned from Magicka it's that Vlad most definitely isn't a vampire.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, I managed to use Tom Arnold's character from True Lies to make a point in a discussion I had with my bosses earlier.

Today was a good day

tchocky

I just don't understand why Dan brought up Dracula. Was he insinuating that Vlad is a vampire? Because if there's one thing I learned from Magicka it's that Vlad most definitely isn't a vampire.

I haven't watched the video or played Magicka but is it not because Dracula was inspired by Vlad the Impaler.

santeesioux

I want to see Leigh Alexander join the E3 stuff just because I like very uncomfortable interviews like Opie and Anthony would do with guests like Steve the whistler before Anthony went full on insane.

TraBuch

Banned
But then you'd miss some funny moments, like every time the main character says something. And some legitimately good looking explosions.

Dear lord. They're doing a Hatred Quick Look later today. 6PM Eastern/3PM Pacific. Their first AO rated quick look?

5zqvOc8.png

they've played plenty of unrated games on PC.

Just most of them aren't stupid attention seeking games made to appeal to the angsty 12 year old boy who thinks columbine was a cool cool thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom