• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope dies last, jimmy

gv7vunD.gif

oh you didn't see the localisation? it's pretty good, though they took some liberties

CGh26_HUQAAXih0.png

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Hopefully they're not planning on playing mc

Alright, thanks to Szlifier (who made the excellent QLCrew) who was gracious enough to provide an API for me to use, the chart now reflects the actual number of appearances for each staff member! (except Austin because that QL just came out earlier today and I still have to set up something that updates that data automatically)

http://gb-stats.wambo.at/

My next idea was to create a date slider that lets you set a period of time for each chart (that is, most common people/video types/length for the selected period).

daydream

Banned
Alright, thanks to Szlifier (who made the excellent QLCrew) who was gracious enough to provide an API for me to use, the chart now reflects the actual number of appearances for each staff member! (except Austin because that QL just came out earlier today and I still have to set up something that updates that data automatically)

My next idea was to create a date slider that lets you set a period of time for each chart (that is, most common people/video types/length for the selected period).

that's a lot of videos i've consumed, sheesh

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's really a shame SF4 turned out the way it did on PS4 because I feel like Capcom has been making, albeit a safe, comeback in the last couple years just in terms of not acting like they hate their fans. They put out that DmC HD and it's a reasonably priced, quality port with some cool extra stuff. Don't like DmC? Not a problem, wait a few months and we'll put out DMC4 with a bunch of cool new stuff at a reasonable price. Put out Tron Bonne on PS1 Classics. Put out that Megaman X figure(which was kind of a weird thing that originated it but whatever), took a risk, albeit a less risky one with the Sony deal, and said 'fuck we'll make a new Street Fighter and not put it on mobile or whatever. It's a risk and we shouldn't take those now but whatever.' Put out that remake of Resident Evil which is a top 3(or 2 considering your feelings on 4) Resident Evil games. Let Mega Man go in Smash. Even if it's playing it safe, you can't blame them and they've done a pretty good job of playing it safe.

I hope it turns out well for them. Now just put Dead Rising 1 out on PC.
I realised recently that I'm playing (the underated) RE6, watched the Capcom Pro Tour, waited for DMC4SE and followed every detail of SF5 and that all of those are Capcom's doing.

There is also this E3 list floating around: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=166482193

Capcom missed the beginning of this generation, but they have so much potential lined up right now, it actually sounds too good to be true for a fan like me. I don't even mind the remasters. Pretty much all of them are the definitive version of those games and they came to new platforms. It's more like other publishers should look at what Capcom has done with some of those titles.

edit: Also, Dragon's Dogma Online

fleck0

I really hope they play that Lego Worlds game that showed up on Early Access, I keep glancing at the store page but I'm pretty apprehensive about paying for EA without having a solid idea of what's available.

Anjin M

This is great work! I'm amazed that they are closing in on 2000 quick looks. That seems like way too many.

"Looks like the Skylanders: Superchargers dev team is teasing something. Giant Bomb sat down with the team to talk Superchargers and asked about potential amiibo support. One dev on the team said that they were focusing on only Skylanders at the moment, but followed that up with, “We’ll have a big surprise at E3.” Certainly makes you wonder if something is going on with amiibo!"

http://gonintendo.com/stories/235165-rumor-could-skylanders-superchargers-have-amiibo-support

"Looks like the Skylanders: Superchargers dev team is teasing something. Giant Bomb sat down with the team to talk Superchargers and asked about potential amiibo support. One dev on the team said that they were focusing on only Skylanders at the moment, but followed that up with, “We’ll have a big surprise at E3.” Certainly makes you wonder if something is going on with amiibo!"

http://gonintendo.com/stories/235165-rumor-could-skylanders-superchargers-have-amiibo-support

The end times are upon us.

If they make Monster Hunter Amiibos I'm going to die.

Zaph

Yeah, fuck those guys for circumventing the traditional publisher system!

Dude, come on. Even Jeff, who's friends with half of em, said their handling of crowdfunding has issues.

Just because you're trying to break free of a problematic cycle, doesn't mean you're immune to criticism.

Dude, come on. Even Jeff, who's friends with half of em, said their handling of crowdfunding has issues.

Just because you're trying to break free of a problematic cycle, doesn't mean you're immune to criticism.

To be clear, if we're talking all of their crowdfunding efforts, then yes. Spacebase was a fucking disaster and they never made up for it properly.

I don't see the Kickstarter stuff, though. Seriously. Broken Age seemed like it was hell to develop, but hell in classic video game development form, not any specific hell related to crowdfunding, besides all the people who treated the look behind the curtain like they were looking into the Ark of the Covenant.

Unless I'm missing some big shady occurrence regarding either Broken Age or Massive Chalice's use of crowdfunding.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If Massive Chalice means they don't play those arcade boards, I will be upset (unless it means the dramatic return of TOGS next week).

They did. I just don't get why people rag on them for doing crowd-funding.

They're no Keiji Inafune.

Tangent: People comparing Igarashi's situation with Castlevania to Inafune's with Mega Man when the Bloodstained kickstarter launched really annoyed me. IGA was chained up at Konami for years, unable to make a Castlevania game. Conversely, Inafune was pretty high up at Capcom. He could get Mega Man shit made. He's not a blameless party. Also, I think it's become abundantly clear with all the post-kickstarter stuff on MN9 that, as Kamiya pointed out, he really is just a business man and not a designer.

why is everybody assuming they're going to play massive chalice? how often do they play guests' games on subscriber streams?

I bet Myggen's avatar they won't play it

Tangent: People comparing Igarashi's situation with Castlevania to Inafune's with Mega Man when the Bloodstained kickstarter launched really annoyed me. IGA was chained up at Konami for years, unable to make a Castlevania game. Conversely, Inafune was pretty high up at Capcom. He could get Mega Man shit made. He's not a blameless party. Also, I think it's become abundantly clear with all the post-kickstarter stuff on MN9 that, as Kamiya pointed out, he really is just a business man and not a designer.

Plus Mega Man 9 and 10 already happened, were great, and you couldn't have asked for more in terms of a new classic Mega Man.

We got greedy. (Well, not me, that shit sounded fishy from day one.)

Plus Mega Man 9 and 10 already happened, were great, and you couldn't have asked for more in terms of a new classic Mega Man.

I'm glad I didn't back it. It looks terrible. Of course, it was impossible to know that at the time; I was just bitter about Legends 3.

Zaph

Tangent: If you're looking for a simple shooter which feels great, Dirty Bomb is pretty good, guys.

Has GB played it yet?

I feel kind of similar about Castlevania. Six games across GBA and DS is a lot in that short period of time. I'm excited for Bloodstained like a lot of other people, but whenever I see people talking about them, a very common thing is people saying how they never finished them because too many came out.

Megasoum

Banned
So just to be sure that it's not bugged on my side... They haven't started yet right? I'm only a couple of minutes behind on the delayed stream and it's still please wait.

Edit: nvm, just got the the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom