• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

Goddamn living in Japan is gonna make me miss all of this live... Oh well, might have to see if I can put the drive on my phone like a podcast

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Goddamn living in Japan is gonna make me miss all of this live... Oh well, might have to see if I can put the drive on my phone like a podcast

on the oither hand you live in japan. 95% of the people here are now jealous

Jothel

on the oither hand you live in japan. 95% of the people here are now jealous
Yeah to be fair I can't really complain too much... Worst thing about living here is not being able to catch video game related stuff live, not really too bad a problem

Volotaire

Wait, when is the Live Drive starting?
Is it already over? Don't tell me I missed it

t1434211200z0.png

popo

Can't believe I'm hyped to listen to Jeff drive to LA, haha.

First time he did that [was it two years ago?] it was so awesome.

more than that, last year it was Danny/Alex/Greg, year before it was Jeff all on his own, year before it was Alex/Jeff when they rented that hire car because Jeff wanted to test drive it. I want to say there was at least one more but I am blanking.

There was also a trip back stream when it was Brad and Jeff, they filmed a stop at Carls Jnr on the iphone.

I think 5-6 hours?

More. Six if you really push it so 7+ with stops. Plus an hour for Jeff to get to SF.

Dunbar

I'm pretty sure Jeff's drive has been on Sunday before, hasn't it? I have to travel for work this weekend and I actually planned my travel today so that I'd be there by tomorrow to listen to the drive as much as I could. Then I found out yesterday that the drive was today :(

tchocky

I'm pretty sure Jeff's drive has been on Sunday before, hasn't it? I have to travel for work this weekend and I actually planned my travel today so that I'd be there by tomorrow to listen to the drive as much as I could. Then I found out yesterday that the drive was today :(

They have to go a day earlier because of the Bethesda stream being on Sunday.

Volotaire

more than that, last year it was Danny/Alex/Greg, year before it was Jeff all on his own, year before it was Alex/Jeff when they rented that hire car because Jeff wanted to test drive it. I want to say there was at least one more but I am blanking.

There was also a trip back stream when it was Brad and Jeff, they filmed a stop at Carls Jnr on the iphone.

More. Six if you really push it so 7+ with stops. Plus an hour for Jeff to get to SF.

True. It will be lengthy for sure.

Remember this tweet last year?

0SMwKKm.png

Gandie

It takes 7 hours to go from SF to LA by car? Is it because of traffic, because according to Google Maps it's just 700 kilometers. What's the speed limit on American hhighways?

It's pretty much constantly 80-100 since the 5-0 is rarely around. And the roads are some what brand new so it's just smooth straight road for miles.

Is... Is that fast? The highways are usually flat and straight, I mean people might book it at 80-90 if they think the cops aren't around.

Probably sounds rather slow for a German with their fancy Autobahns.

In Finland the fastest limit is 120km/h. I'd still reserve 6+ hours for a 700km drive, accounting for a stop or two.

Gandie

Hot Coldman says we have to do without the E3 thread for a few hours when the drive is on.

And then fellow duders, we will have our glorious return to Gaming.

While I most lurk here, I have to say I enjoy it in Community. It's alway within the first few threads on the first page and it saves me the hassle (
lol
) of clicking through my subscriptions.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My subscriptions are the first place I go to whenever I get back on GAF. I guess it's been that way for a decade now tho so it's just habit.

Volotaire

True, I'm the same. It's especially useful when you use the 'subscribe to threads you've posted in' option. the NeogafNewThreads/@nesbotfeed is basically my news for new threads.

EDIT: I'm quite surprised the Gametrailers thread is still in Gaming.

Myggen

Hot Coldman says we have to do without the E3 thread for a few hours when the drive is on.

And then fellow duders, we will have our glorious return to Gaming.

Coldman slacking.

EDIT: I'm quite surprised the Gametrailers thread is still in Gaming.

There's no real policy on that, at least as we know. But I'm guessing the thread isn't active enough for the mods to care much about moving it. Same goes for the Game Grumps thread, the AVGN thread, the Idle Thumbs thread etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom