• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Is there an archive of the E3 drive anywhere? Going on a week long cruise tomorrow (cannot believe I'm gonna miss E3 hahaha) and I'd love to have that drive audio to listen to going to sleep every night.

Jeff is gonna put up an archive soon it sounds like. He'll probably update his Twitter when he does.

Was reading the Terminator Genisys thread for my weekly catch up on what new terrible footage Paramount have shat out (Hint:
it's fucking terrible
) and one screengrab got to me in numerous ways.

untitled3bwr4g.jpg

If I wasn't a lazy SOB I'd make the approprate edits.

Jothel

Was reading the Terminator Genisys thread for my weekly catch up on what new terrible footage Paramount have shat out (Hint:
it's fucking terrible
) and one screengrab got to me in numerous ways.

untitled3bwr4g.jpg

If I wasn't a lazy SOB I'd make the approprate edits.

Is that Phil Spencer? I guess he ran out of shirts

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just went and got Taco Bell, and now I'm thinking "Would I have gotten Taco Bell if I hadn't listened to so much Dan Ryckert today?"

Don't forget to fill out the receipt survey and let them know Giant Bomb referred you.

I think that gif is from a UPF where they were pretending Brad was a cup.

According to the Youtube highlight above, it's not. But he did just about the exact same thing when he was pretending Brad was a cup. I don't remember when that was, but I want to guess it was later in summer 2013 on a UPF. I watched it recently and memory is a fleeting thing.

Zaph

In total, there is about 1hr 50min of Periscope. I'm surprised such a significant portion of the drivestream ended up having video attached.

Goes with "What does honorific mean" earlier in the week. People say Dan is actually very smart. I can believe that. He is however, meant in the best way possible, uneducated as fuck. Maybe he should have actually attended college, rather than just haggling for grades.

well i must be as uneducated since i had no idea of what that word meant until today (hell i'm in a country that's going through it and i've never heard that word being uttered then *shrug*).

Also what the fuck does that word have to do with what he "studied", especially if its not his field?

It's really weird to me that asking questions about what you don't know gets someone so much ridicule. Especially things that have no bearing on him being able to accomplish his job or to entertain. Dan's thing is he has no filter or he asks things to get a reaction. A lot of people might not know things and keep to themselves, but Dan likes asking about it right then and there. He also very much plays in to the stereotype of himself when he's doing these types of shows.

I'm almost 30 with a college degree and while I think I know what austerity means in that context, it's not something I'd ever use or hear that often. I just wouldn't ask immediately after hearing it for a definition.

Indeed.

Same thing happened with the whole mortgage stuff which admittedly is a more popular word but his given his lifestyle i can see that not registering for him since a mortgage speaks to a specific line of thinking.

Its even funny since he knows other financial terms like a fucking investment and 401ks, etc but its more likely because it involves him in some way.

With all of this stuff it really looks like he usually gathers knowledge of things out of his bubble when there is some direct involvement and instead of hiding that lack of knowledge he will openly ask (either to get a reaction and/or an answer)

the dude in the skeletor shirt was actually transitioning from human to skeleton (he is a skeleton trapped in a human's body), and the pale skin is a part of that

shame on danny for shaming him about it

the dude in the skeletor shirt was actually transitioning from human to skeleton (he is a skeleton trapped in a human's body), and the pale skin is a part of that

shame on danny for shaming him about it

There's a skeleton character in One Piece who will die if he goes out in the sun. Since this guy I know nothing about is probably the same as that fictional character, Danny's comment was incredibly hurtful and offensive. I demand he be shamed through social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom