• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHaje7AVEAAGRuO.jpg:large

what a lovely day

popo

What does Austerity mean? Oh Dan...

Goes with "What does honorific mean" earlier in the week. People say Dan is actually very smart. I can believe that. He is however, meant in the best way possible, uneducated as fuck. Maybe he should have actually attended college, rather than just haggling for grades.

Jeff was researching visa's at the beginning of the year.

Wonder who that was for...

Research consisted of him asking HR about it and them laughing down the phone.

If someone wants to go ahead and leak Darksiders 3, I'd be surprised :(

Sounds like if it happens it is a long way off.

"We took over the franchise roughly two years ago and thought about the next chapter for Darksiders ever since then," explained Nordic's Reinhard Pollice.

"Naturally (and extremely excitedly!), there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders, but for now it is very important for us to take care of the existing games and make those available to a broader audience."

Also Reinhard Pollice is a great name for a Finnish Detective.

If Danny does do an article about Native Americans, he should cover Never Alone. It's a fantastically inventive game with awesome documentary videos you unlock throughout the game. It was free on PS+ in May (or April).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Jeff is the only person that uses mixlr so
Obviously it's time for them to secure Jeff as the prime content creator and CBS needs to buy the company.
Sorry, I knew that was what you were talking about. I was attempting to offer an alternative.
No worries man. Thanks.

I kinda hope someone punches Dan in the face. Might be hilarious.

So if I try to listen to this in the archive, does the archive have all the drops as well? I assume it's based on what gets to the mixlr service, rather than a local copy.

Myggen

So if I try to listen to this in the archive, does the archive have all the drops as well? I assume it's based on what gets to the mixlr service, rather than a local copy.

The Mixlr archive might be lost according to Zaph. But Jeff mentioned that he would be recording it on his ipad, so that should be without any drops.

Zaph

The Mixlr archive might be lost according to Zaph. But Jeff mentioned that he would be recording it on his ipad, so that should be without any drops.

The archive is coming it, but feels very patchy - even more so than the stream. But yeah, once Jeff connects to wifi and clicks the upload button in Mixlr, we're good.

Goes with "What does honorific mean" earlier in the week. People say Dan is actually very smart. I can believe that. He is however, meant in the best way possible, uneducated as fuck. Maybe he should have actually attended college, rather than just haggling for grades.
It's really weird to me that asking questions about what you don't know gets someone so much ridicule. Especially things that have no bearing on him being able to accomplish his job or to entertain. Dan's thing is he has no filter or he asks things to get a reaction. A lot of people might not know things and keep to themselves, but Dan likes asking about it right then and there. He also very much plays in to the stereotype of himself when he's doing these types of shows.

I'm almost 30 with a college degree and while I think I know what austerity means in that context, it's not something I'd ever use or hear that often. I just wouldn't ask immediately after hearing it for a definition.

Dunbar

Even though it's dark here, after listening to 9 hours of that stream, I feel like I'm about to walk outside and squint into the sunlight like a man coming out of a cave.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I got a lot done today. Listened to the stream, caught up on Master Chef and sold $24 worth of comics at a garage sale.

Accomplished.

chogidogs

Vinny's E3 tweet about his kids made me realize that he will eventually replace Jeff Green as the resident cool old dude that will play all the souls games. Vinny is proto Jeff Green. That's why we like him so much.

JackEtc

Is there an archive of the E3 drive anywhere? Going on a week long cruise tomorrow (cannot believe I'm gonna miss E3 hahaha) and I'd love to have that drive audio to listen to going to sleep every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom