• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the very end of the game and I'm still awful at it.

I annihilated 95% of that game, but the last stage is pretty much bullshit and you have to keep playing until you get lucky

I kept making offerings to that priest guy until I got "more chests" and that helped

Nintaiyo

I'm trying to recall the name of a weird little PC game that Jeff played on UPF a while back. It had you trying to figure out which order to press buttons and levers on a control panel, and if you failed to do so a town got nuked or something. Anyone know the name or date of the UPF?

Brashnir

I annihilated 95% of that game, but the last stage is pretty much bullshit and you have to keep playing until you get lucky

I kept making offerings to that priest guy until I got "more chests" and that helped

I had more trouble with the "kill a reaper before he hits you" than the final quest. I just had to wait for the horn to go off with a reaper on screen behind the enemy I was actually fighting.

The final quest I just had to get a decent board and play well to beat.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN.

Tomorrow I got to make the decision of Giant Bomb talking over the Bethesda conference or watching Money In The Bank.

Then Monday I have to decide on Giant Bomb talking over the Sony presser or watching the Blackhawks clinch the Stanley Cup.

Rainmaker

Banned

Tomorrow I got to make the decision of Giant Bomb talking over the Bethesda conference or watching Money In The Bank.

Then Monday I have to decide on Giant Bomb talking over the Sony presser or watching the Blackhawks clinch the Stanley Cup.

I will be watching both with MITB on mute until Cena/Owens and then back to GB/Bethesda when that match is over. I will catch what I missed on the archive.

Bethesda games are not very good so just watch Wrestling instead.
Oh wait Doom is gonna be shown! That should be fun?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like Dan, on the Friday show, bringing up the mayonnaise isn't healthy so it's good that he doesn't like it.

Minutes before him, of course, talking about his taco bell shit he's eating.

Brashnir

You could always tell who was the poor kid in the neighborhood because they didn't have Game Boy Camera and Printer.

you could always tell the world's 13 entitled shits because they were the kids who did have the GB camera and printer.

I was an adult who had a real camera and printer by then

I like Dan, on the Friday show, bringing up the mayonnaise isn't healthy so it's good that he doesn't like it.

Minutes before him, of course, talking about his taco bell shit he's eating.
The best part about it is that the discussion started because he was refusing to believe that some sauce that's in the food he likes from Taco Bell has mayo in it.

Dan is an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.

Chuck

Still without luck

this is a troubling post. initially sickened by the thought of garbage baby drama over fallout gameplay, but then you're maybe a Hawks fan?

too much

yami4ct

If Witcher 3 gets GOTY, can Gwent still place in the top 10? Because oh man. Gwent.

It's so good. Interesting ruleset that's simple to learn, but still packs in strategy. Great risk/reward structure as well. I just wish there was real MP because the AI is pretty crap at times.

It just goes to show you how fun you can make a card game when you don't have to get caught up in the "buy the next set" power creep of a game like Hearthstone. Just give me a single complete game with all the cards that's actually play tested and balanced. After that, release a complete expansion down the line that's also been well balanced if the original game did well.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If Witcher 3 gets GOTY, can Gwent still place in the top 10? Because oh man. Gwent.
Gwent sucks. I don't get it and I've won like 2 games out of 100

And I missed getting the barons card so I can't get the trophie.

Fuck gwent.

justjim89

It's so good. Interesting ruleset that's simple to learn, but still packs in strategy. Great risk/reward structure as well. I just wish there was real MP because the AI is pretty crap at times.

It just goes to show you how fun you can make a card game when you don't have to get caught up in the "buy the next set" power creep of a game like Hearthstone. Just give me a single complete game with all the cards that's actually play tested and balanced. After that, release a complete expansion down the line that's also been well balanced if the original game did well.

CDPR would be nuts if they don't churn out some little Gwent game with online multiplayer. Sadly, such a thing would also be perfect fodder for microtransactions.

Zaph

Not going to get the video done until tomorrow, but in the meantime if anyone wants the drive stream as a podcast, here you go:

http://bit.ly/1BewGeO

I've only tested it in Overcast, but it should work in other players. Hopefully you guys don't kill my dropbox bandwidth, otherwise I'll put it on amazons3 tomorrow.

yami4ct

CDPR would be nuts if they don't churn out some little Gwent game with online multiplayer. Sadly, such a thing would also be perfect fodder for microtransactions.

Gwent wouldn't work with Microtransactions. It's too deck power dependent. Game would literally be pay to win if they did that. They should do it as like a single, stand alone title for like $5-10 and maybe sell an expansion later sort of like how Ascension or the other non-TCG Deck Builders work, that'd be the way to do it. I'd also buy the shit out of a physical edition of the game if they used that model.

What was Jason's comment about Jurassic World not running well about? Runs at 4K, 120 FPS on my computer.

Final Splatoon boss was fun but I was disappointed given the people who said it was like a shmup. Beat it on my first try without issues.

justjim89

Gwent wouldn't work with Microtransactions. It's too deck power dependent. Game would literally be pay to win if they did that. They should do it as like a single, stand alone title for like $5-10 and maybe sell an expansion later sort of like how Ascension or the other non-TCG Deck Builders work, that'd be the way to do it. I'd also buy the shit out of a physical edition of the game if they used that model.

Yeah, it'd be best as a single purchase.

Btw, does it seem fucked up that, within the fiction, Geralt is playing cards where the most valuable card is him and his adoptive daughter, and all his friends are cards as well? It seems kinda silly. Like he and Zoltan should be doing commercial endorsements for the card company in Novigrad square.

tuxfool

Banned

Fuck gwent.

Isn't it that you suck at Gwent?

You know you can go to the Baron's office to get the missing card.

yami4ct

Yeah, it'd be best as a single purchase.

Btw, does it seem fucked up that, within the fiction, Geralt is playing cards where the most valuable card is him and his adoptive daughter, and all his friends are cards as well? It seems kinda silly. Like he and Zoltan should be doing commercial endorsements for the card company in Novigrad square.

I mean, it's more like Ciri might be in danger. She doesn't really seem like she's in immediate danger.

But then again, ever since Mass Effect 3's "Earth is dying and I'm just running around doing dumb errands", my narrative dissonance bar has been out of whack. That's probably the worse case of that I've ever seen.

justjim89

I mean, it's more like Ciri might be in danger. She doesn't really seem like she's in immediate danger.

But then again, ever since Mass Effect 3's "Earth is dying and I'm just running around doing dumb errands", my narrative dissonance bar has been out of whack. That's probably the worse case of that I've ever seen.

It totally suffers from the Skyrim problem of every quest, especially main ones, being "Go here right now! Meet me there this evening!" where it's effectively discouraging you from pursuing other quests and activities. So you wait a week of in game time, go to continue the main quest, and the character you meet acts like they just saw you.

But it's writing conflicting with game design, so game design wins. Witcher would be infinitely more frustrating if quests had time limits like STALKER.

yami4ct

It totally suffers from the Skyrim problem of every quest, especially main ones, being "Go here right now! Meet me there this evening!" where it's effectively discouraging you from pursuing other quests and activities. So you wait a week of in game time, go to continue the main quest, and the character you meet acts like they just saw you.

But it's writing conflicting with game design, so game design wins. Witcher would be infinitely more frustrating if quests had time limits like STALKER.

Well, at least the writing in the Witcher 3 is actually worth seeing, unlike Skyrim's (or most other Bethesda titles). I can tolerate a bit of dissonance because I'm invested in the writing. Even some of the card quests have cool stories.

justjim89

Well, at least the writing in the Witcher 3 is actually worth seeing, unlike Skyrim's (or most other Bethesda titles). I can tolerate a bit of dissonance because I'm invested in the writing. Even some of the card quests have cool stories.

Oh totally. The writing and voice acting is absolutely superb. I'm into act 3 now and I'm dreading the game being over.

In effort to bring this more on topic, I'll be surprised if Dan, Brad, or Vinny finishes the game. I'm about 80 hours in at this point. Jason I could see finishing it.

Lijik

It took me a bit to get the gimmick, I was really more impressed with all the visuals.

Oh man that fight is going to be hard with the Amiibo weapon version.

the time limit/kraken and paint roller versions actually weren't so bad but I'm dreading going against him with the charger
although to be fair that's the weapon I'm weakest with

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Isn't it that you suck at Gwent?

You know you can go to the Baron's office to get the missing card.
I got that one, but there is also one you get that you win from him. That has a red check next to hat particular assignment.

Fuck gwent.

I feel you, man. I didn't start playing Gwent until like 50 hours in and I lost like 100 points to 13 the first time. I immediately thought it was terrible as well. Just buy some cards from bartenders and do the Gwent quests. You get a bunch of strong cards.

The only bummer is that eventually you figure out that the A.I is terrible at gwent and you can destroy them with the most basic strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom