• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
Listening to the guys (and Dan) on the Beastcast talk about their experiences with VR reminds me a lot of conversations about MDMA, shrooms or acid trips.

What I'm saying is VR is a drug.

Xater

My big worry is that openness is a unfocused mess of check lists and fetch quests like Dragon Age Inquisition though. Still got to wait and see on that one.

I sadly expect this to be the case. A lot of the systems in DA:I seemed like a testbed for Mass Effect. Which sucks, because side activities and quest should be interesting like in Witcher 3 and not pointless bullshit you repeat over and over again. One is good design the other coms from the shit school of Ubisoft.

Catching up on the E3 live shows.

Can't believe they managed to rope in Xavier Woods for this PAXMania stuff (be cool to see if they get him at PAX). He was great on the show too, super entertaining dude.

I know i am a bit late on this, but Lorne Lanning is everything I want a game designer to be

In my head, him and Jason Rubin and John Romero are the stereotype 90's game developer rockstars.

The kind of people who made a game that became huge and the first thing they do is buy a Ferrari and a house in the Beverly hills or some shit.

danm999

Here's survey summaries. Don't see anything about more action than ME3. But the "explore unknown frontiers in the Andromeda Galaxy" which the E3 trailer implied is in there.

Yeah the setup, at least from the survey leak, would imply that the Systems Alliance (and maybe some other Milky Way governments) send groups of colonists somehow to Andromeda (the next closest galaxy to ours) to prevent humanity from being wiped out by the Reapers in Mass Effect 3.

Kind of a neat way to sidestep all the baggage of the Mass Effect 3 ending but not have to end up in prequel territory or anything. They could honestly make the entire game one where you have no clue what happened on Earth because it's a one way trip.

In my head, him and Jason Rubin and John Romero are the stereotype 90's game developer rockstars.

The kind of people who made a game that became huge and the first thing they do is buy a Ferrari and a house in the Beverly hills or some shit.

at least lorne and jason have not made a banger like Daikatana yet

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Brad Muir's Massice Chalice launched for free on the xbone and is currently 50% off on steam.

Brah, I hope the game is doing alright for you but this scenario isn't too different from the rapid price slashing costume quest 2 saw and that game seemed to have bombed hard. I still want to believe that Trenched 2 can happen.

~64k owners on Steam according to Steam Spy: http://steamspy.com/app/246110

Though it'll probably increase more soon since it just had a flash sale.

Would you consider the Xbox 360 BC on the Xbox One to fulfill Jeff's prediction that some hint of the Blades interface would return to the Xbox One OS? Xbox 360 still has that blades like in-game menu right?

I love that in the last e3 segment Dave can just say "da hoop god" randomly to Adam and Adam bursts out laughing. That segment was awesome.

Megasoum

Banned
Rewatching old random quicklooks this morning and I'm in DJ Hero 2 right now.

That was actually a cool unique concept. Too bad it died with the other instruments games. Maybe it will come back with FMV crowd lol.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Richard Garriot is laughing from his castle in between his trips to space.

jaina

Oh, I was under the impression that it was running the Xbox 360 OS in a virtual machine.

In game menus are 360 (saving, party, ...). The XBO thinks it's an individual game (I mean not 1 app for every 360 BC game) and provides it's screenshot/DVR/suspend functionality.

Oh, I was under the impression that it was running the Xbox 360 OS in a virtual machine.

You can bring up the mini blades/guide in-game like you do on 360 but there's no dashboard interface, it just loads right into the game.

Edit: And yeah like jaina says, if you back out it acts like an Xbox One game where it'll show in the main dash pane but at that point you're in the Xbox One dash.

Megasoum

Banned
The XBO just sees the emulator and has no idea what's the actual game running.

While in game, if you press Select+Start at the same time you'll get the old fashioned 360 blades menu.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@leolaporte 8:43 AM
Today on The NEW Screen Savers: @sarahlane co-hosts, visits from @TreyRatcliff & @CatherineHall and E3 news from @giantbomb

Is someone from GB gonna be on the show?

Xater

@leolaporte 8:43 AM
Today on The NEW Screen Savers: @sarahlane co-hosts, visits from @TreyRatcliff & @CatherineHall and E3 news from @giantbomb

Is someone from GB gonna be on the show?

Probably as a guest. Jeff has been on Leo's shows a couple of times.

jaina

yeah, as Petaluma resident and former visitor, Geoff is most likely. (Also Glenn Rubenstein is working at TWiT, so it's easy to contact Jeff)

Megasoum

Banned
jeff_twit_dance25bjgr.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
Yea Twit is basically Zdtv/TechTv 2 with Leo and some of those guys (Revision 3 was the other though in a more subdued way)

seems like a weird confluence of G4/techTV reunioning going on with Adam and Morgan being Beth shills, and Pereira shilling Nintendo.

not like this etc..

Absinthe

man, i kind of want to believe they planned that before the show

otherwise lang took it super chill that his number was made public

vignocchi hits hard

I was wondering the same thing. It could have been staged where only JV and Dave knew about it.

There is a slight smirk here before he shakes his head.
0118_heo1l.gif

I'm probably wrong though he was surprisingly calm.

It could be the thing of people that know they're being recorded behave/react differently than when they're not.

That's true. He's a professional and could be holding back because of the camera.

Wow that is something. The whole segment where he's talking about sexual harassment and how it is just a problem of his and there's not much he can do about it, was especially bizarre. I wasn't aware of all that.

jaina

I'm curious and will watch Jeff's segment but in general I don't care about brickhouse products anymore. Back to catching up on GB E3 content! I now even added some Gamespot stage shows with Danny and Lucy to my list.

Laporte is like the creepy sexist old man of tech journalism, with a habit of being really shitty to his employees and audience.

My recent favorite is when he accidentally displayed a picture of his dick on air, and then the next week decided to take the entire network off of live streaming "because of the trolls in the chat".

It's a shame because TWIT is actually a really cool idea.

No_Style

With all the happenings of E3, I don't think the Beastcast got its usual weekly thread. Or perhaps I missed it? I tried searching but didn't see anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom