• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
I wish Myggen was awake to post any gif he has of GB enjoying themselves.

2663913-dont.gif

this might just be purely anecdotal but I feel like the people I know who are deep in jrpg jigoku don't hold any real special affinity towards FF7.. or any post snes FF honestly

Its nice that there are places where people can share their excitement with games with each other. With that being said, if you need other people to get excited/hyped just to validate your own opinion, and you just look down on people who don't care, then that's just straight up sad.

Nier 2 by platinum almost brought me to tears, but I couldn't give less of a shit if GB or whoever else in the media was excited as I am by it.

this might just be purely anecdotal but I feel like the people I know who are deep in jrpg jigoku don't hold any real special affinity towards FF7.. or any post snes FF honestly

Nope. Xeno, Drakengard, and SMT for life.

I do have an appreciation for the FF job system though.

FFT count?

I don't know why considering they're tone hasn't really changed since last year. Maybe people thought Jeff was joking all these years when he said he didn't care about Shenmue or FF7.

I wouldn't doubt it.

I've noticed some real zealots spring up after bombzaldroppens in threads here; like, accusatory to anyone not currently flailing around in a religious orgasm over the reveal.

You can guess how they take Jeff "Video Games are so done, man" Gerstmann's careful measured appreciation for quality and hype-squelching.

Zaph

I loved FF7 as a kid.

The only other JRPG's I've played are Devil Survivor and Persona games. So yeah, this checks out.

Jams775

Is it just me or are people starting to get weird? Maybe I'm finally getting to an age where I start to see it but it seems like some people just want something like a positive feedback loop. Regardless of the logic. Like things that snap them back to reality get them physically upset.

Zaph

Glitch just went ham in the other thread. It's going places, I can feel it.

Is it just me or are people starting to get weird? Maybe I'm finally getting to an age where I start to see it but it seems like some people just want something like a positive feedback loop. Regardless of the logic. Like things that snap them back to reality get them physically upset.

Major aspects of the industry have been utter garbage for the last few years. Fans got thrown a very large Smoke & Mirrors™ branded bone and are wondering why everyone else ain't chowing down.

totowhoa

Banned
WOW.

So I went to bed right before the Adam/Johnny/Dave segment last night and I was not prepared this evening. Jesus Christ, I was dying. What a good end to the evening.

Jeff said that only one live segment was more bonkers than that. Anybody know what he was referencing? Seemed that Adam was a part of it judging by his reaction so I feel like I must have seen it... can't recall it though.

If going ham is typing out a vaguely thoughtful encouragement to not shit on other personalities then boy people must think Austin is off the wall with his articles.

I sort of regret it? But I really don't like either side in this debate. Obviously I enjoy Giant Bomb, but there's no reason to call the GT guys unprofessional or childish either.

Major aspects of the industry have been utter garbage for the last few years. Fans got thrown a very large Smoke & Mirrors™ branded bone and are wondering why everyone else ain't chowing down.

Drag them to Community with us

If going ham is typing out a vaguely thoughtful encouragement to not shit on other personalities then boy people must think Austin is off the wall with his articles.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what the Kanye song is about

Bah fuck it. I regret posting that entirely. I'm probably drawing more negative attention to myself than I should have, and I don't intend for it to become fodder in this pointless fight.

It's like goddamn console wars.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Argh, it's perfectly fine to defend giantbomb without attacking GT. Now it's turning into a shitshow. Not the good kind.

santeesioux

Bread was right though, you should totally build a gaming PC if you're a hardcore gamer and have the bread for it. I can see why that would piss off console warriors, but bread is right.

Zaph

I wasn't criticising you mate. It's just clear a lot of those guys have very defined opinions of GB - reasoning and evidence isn't going to help, they just want to vent.

Don't worry, this shit show of an industry will no doubt be in another lull soon enough and the same people will be in the same threads moaning about it while thanking GB for dropping truth bombs.

That UPF (I think?) was so incredible.

Yep, halloween, with the best feature GB has done, the Drew Scanlon Geographic Hour.

I wasn't criticising you mate. It's just clear a lot of those guys have very defined opinions of GB - reasoning and evidence isn't going to help, they just want to vent.

Don't worry, this shit show of an industry will no doubt be in another lull soon enough and the same people will be in the same threads moaning about it while thanking GB for dropping truth bombs.

Sorry! Didn't mean to come off negative (text is fucking hard at conveying emotion), I just didn't really think I had done all that much.

In any case, if the conference that announced a $10,000 preorder bonus for a game that isn't even in development, a CG trailer of a HD remaster, and a linear story-based walking simulator is the best E3 conference of all time, I think we have a bright future ahead of us in the gaming industry.

VR Mario Maker will save us all

If this happens again and I see any regular from this thread encouraging it with "GameTrailers people are unprofessional embarrassing douches" type posts or deliberately trying to start Giant Bomb comparisons or anything like that, then this thread will go away for a whole month.

Zaph

VR Mario Maker will save us all

I think an AR Mario Maker would be cooler. Imagine building levels running along your wall, with real objects as obstacles. And imagine all the inventive ways you could kill Yoshi...

Just a shame you'd barely see two blocks at time with that pinhole FOV.

FStop7

Banned

The only JRPGs I've ever enjoyed were Persona 4 and The World Ends With You. I just think it's cool that FF7 is being remade because it's a "unicorn" that people have been wanting for years and years, and now it's happening.

I am definitely a Shenmue mark, though. I thought the first two were groundbreaking and I expect the third will feel dated and out of place, but it will be true to the originals. I'm really excited for it.

Brashnir

If this happens again and I see any regular from this thread encouraging it with "GameTrailers people are unprofessional embarrassing douches" type posts or deliberately trying to start Giant Bomb comparisons or anything like that, then this thread will go away for a whole month.

Giant Bomb is Unprofessional
on Fridays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom