• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

If this happens again and I see any regular from this thread encouraging it with "GameTrailers people are unprofessional embarrassing douches" type posts or deliberately trying to start Giant Bomb comparisons or anything like that, then this thread will go away for a whole month.

I prefer you just ban that person and leave this thread open tbh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What the hell is happening here...

War.

War has changed. It's no longer about developers, consoles or even games. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by fanboys and their computers. War, and its consumption of outrage, has become a well-oiled machine.

Replaying Kingdom Hearts 1 via the hd collection and it's amazing how well it holds up for a game that is 13 years old. Fun combat, amazing art, varied world design and interaction and so on. Really is an great series that I hope Dan and others will eventually give a chance. Really looking forward to playing the second game on critical mode as appropriately it changes the combat quite a bit. Kingdom Hearts 2 always opened up eventually, but the combat was simple for too much of the beginning.

demidar

Say what you will about the KH story, but the games play like a dream. I've still gotta get to KH2FM and BBS. There's too many games to play :S

Replaying Kingdom Hearts 1 via the hd collection and it's amazing how well it holds up for a game that is 13 years old. Fun combat, amazing art, varied world design and interaction and so on. Really is an great series that I hope Dan and others will eventually give a chance. Really looking forward to playing the second game on critical mode as appropriately it changes the combat quite a bit. Kingdom Hearts 2 always opened up eventually, but the combat was simple for too much of the beginning.

Play Final Mix on critical mode. Turns KH2 from an above average game to one of the best action RPGs ever.

Jintor

War.

War has changed. It's no longer about developers, consoles or even games. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by fanboys and their computers. War, and its consumption of outrage, has become a well-oiled machine.

But war... war never changes.

they told me war has changed

but i always heard war never changes

they told me war has changed

but in the end it doesn't matter anyway
because this is the dawning of a brand new day
where it doesn't matter
what you've heard

'cos I'm the mother fucking wizarrrrrddddd

Its a shame the Kingdom Hearts HD versions didnt come out on current gen. I actually wanted to play them but my PS3 had died by that point and I wasnt planning on buying another one so close to the PS4 coming out.

Myggen

3C0Akdz.jpg

kadotsu

Banned
Its a shame the Kingdom Hearts HD versions didnt come out on current gen. I actually wanted to play them but my PS3 had died by that point and I wasnt planning on buying another one so close to the PS4 coming out.

I'm sure they'll do a complete collection before III comes out that will feature the HD remaster of DDD.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Does anyone here know if the KODI/XMBC Giant Bomb app works with live premium broadcasts? IE: could I watch Unprofessional Fridays from it as it's being broadcast?

jaina

Does anyone here know if the KODI/XMBC Giant Bomb app works with live premium broadcasts? IE: could I watch Unprofessional Fridays from it as it's being broadcast?

Just tried the app this week for the first time. Didn't let me watch the evening streams, so I figure UPF isn't possible.
For archived (premium) video it's working great.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Just tried the app this week for the first time. Didn't let me watch the evening streams, so I figure UPF isn't possible.
For archived (premium) video it's working great.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I just moved my pc back into the office and hooked a Nexus Player up to the TV. I am not huge on the casting feature due to artifacting, but it will have to do.

Volotaire

Wow, I missed a lot yesterday. I love GT. I love GB. Crazy eh?

Anyway, I hope MGS Scanlon 4 starts soon. I can't wait for Drew to finish the fight. I'm also curious to see what premium or regular features happen at GBeast now. They must have some great ides in the works. With E3 wrapped up, we should be entering a golden age of content. I keep forgetting Austin was only hired a few weeks ago! He's made a great first impression.

Brad Muir's Massice Chalice launched for free on the xbone and is currently 50% off on steam.

Brah, I hope the game is doing alright for you but this scenario isn't too different from the rapid price slashing costume quest 2 saw and that game seemed to have bombed hard. I still want to believe that Trenched 2 can happen.

danm999

I thought GB's E3 coverage was more positive and gushing than it had been in years...?

Mario Maker, Just Cause 3, Horizons, VR/AR, Xbox One BC, Star Wars Battlefront, Animal Crossing etc.

I guess if you don't get excited about the same two or three things as everyone else you get labelled as passionless which sort of suggests its something else that's actually going on.

I kind of get it too; it's hard for me to get excited about a Kickstarter years away from completion, and TLG footage shown I didn't think showed well at all and was totally running on goodwill and nostalgia. End product I hope is amazing but I can't fault anyway for watching that and not losing their shit.

I will straight up disagree on FF7 though, psyched that's getting a proper remake treatment.

I thought GB's E3 coverage was more positive and gushing than it had been in years...?

Mario Maker, Just Cause 3, Horizons, VR/AR, Xbox One BC, Star Wars Battlefront, Animal Crossing etc.

I guess if you don't get excited about the same two or three things as everyone else you get labelled as passionless which sort of suggests its something else that's actually going on.

I kind of get it too; it's hard for me to get excited about a Kickstarter years away from completion, and TLG footage shown I didn't think showed well at all and was totally running on goodwill and nostalgia. End product I hope is amazing but I can't fault anyway for watching that and not losing their shit.

I will straight up disagree on FF7 though, psyched that's getting a proper remake treatment.

I think you would hard pressed to come out of this E3 feeling bad about things overall.

Plenty of cool games coming this year.
Fallout 4
Just Cause 3
Halo 5
Until Dawn
Battlefront
Hitman
Super Mario Maker

Plenty of cool games coming early next year.
Deus Ex
Mirrors Edge 2
Dark Souls 3
(Persona 5?)
(No Man's Sky?)

Plenty of cool games coming for later next year and beyond
Gears 4
Horizon
TLG
What the heck that Media Molecule thing is

And a dash of aspirational projects to dream about maybe playing before you die / the collapse of human civilisation.
FF7
Shenmue 3.

And thats not including the standard annual franchises like Assassins Creed and COD which may or may not be good this year and not include random indie games and VR.

We are finally officially out of the awkward early stage of a new generation. Things are going full speed again.

Also more Destiny is happening I guess.

I just think it's cool that FF7 is being remade because it's a "unicorn" that people have been wanting for years and years, and now it's happening.

oh for sure, that's cool that people are getting what they want. but I guess the grander point is that people who don't care shouldn't have to "pretend to care" because other people are excited. it's ok to like things that other people don't!

danm999

I think you would hard pressed to come out of this E3 feeling bad about things overall.

Plenty of cool games coming this year.
Fallout 4
Just Cause 3
Halo 5
Until Dawn
Battlefront
Hitman
Super Mario Maker

Plenty of cool games coming early next year.
Deus Ex
Mirrors Edge 2
Dark Souls 3
(Persona 5?)
(No Man's Sky?)

Plenty of cool games coming for later next year and beyond
Gears 4
Horizon
TLG
What the heck that Media Molecule thing is

And a dash of aspirational projects to dream about maybe playing before you die / the collapse of human civilisation.
FF7
Shenmue 3.

And thats not including the standard annual franchises like Assassins Creed and COD which may or may not be good this year and not include random indie games and VR.

We are finally officially out of the awkward early stage of a new generation. Things are going full speed again.

Also more Destiny is happening I guess.

I also dug the fuck out of the Mass Effect reveal.

When I read that survey leak a few months ago I thought that was exactly the right direction to take all that stuff in, and I'm a big sucker for Johnny Cash.

Play Final Mix on critical mode. Turns KH2 from an above average game to one of the best action RPGs ever.
That's what I've heard. Which leads to the awkward situation of really enjoying Kingdom Hearts but still trying to rush it so I can get to 2 :p

Still glad something as weird as Kingdom Hearts exists. Who could have ever imagined such a thing happening, especially at such a high level of quality and ambition.

Zaph

I also dug the fuck out of the Mass Effect reveal.

When I read that survey leak a few months ago I thought that was exactly the right direction to take all that stuff in, and I'm a big sucker for Johnny Cash.

Survey leak? During the reveal one of the GB guys wondered if it was going to be more of an action game. Was that based on info in the leak?

demidar

That's what I've heard. Which leads to the awkward situation of really enjoying Kingdom Hearts but still trying to rush it so I can get to 2 :p

Still glad something as weird as Kingdom Hearts exists. Who could have ever imagined such a thing happening, especially at such a high level of quality and ambition.

If you think about it, Kingdom Hearts is a thing that should be too ludicrous to exist.

Disney heart combined with Anime melodrama.

jaina

Survey leak? During the reveal one of the GB guys wondered if it was going to be more of an action game. Was that based on info in the leak?

Here's survey summaries. Don't see anything about more action than ME3. But the "explore unknown frontiers in the Andromeda Galaxy" which the E3 trailer implied is in there.

I dont think the survey leak had that kind of detail. At least the bits I saw.

It basically just revealed the basic story set up and a few gameplay systems. The leak basically just said.
You are in the Andromida Galaxy and why you are there (which i guess EA hasnt officially confirmed yet so maybe dont read if you dont want to be spoiled but its a pretty straight farward reason that side steps the end of ME3)

Its meant to be pretty open though. Mako and exploration stuff is returning in a big way (which was already teased a bunch anyway) so its not going to be a narrow level 3rd person shooter.

My big worry is that openness is a unfocused mess of check lists and fetch quests like Dragon Age Inquisition though. Still got to wait and see on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom