• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Also why did Adam think that Dan would be the point man on hiding a body? He seems the least capable person for that job.

Dan would probably be the reason you have to get rid of a body. "Guys, I just cooked for my girlfriend and I think I might have poisoned her."

Jeff would get that body dealt with no questions asked.

Myggen

Do we know if they are even going to bother putting the equipment back into the studio or if they'll just start the move down to the new space?

I don't think they're moving to the new studio until mid July or something (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I know Danny said something about this).

maybe if you're a stranger, but he'd also be just as likely to call the cops

Vinny would probably have his friends' backs with no questions

Jason is your man, he has even hinted about his "criminal past" so you know he would have your back.

danm999

Just watched the the fortune street TNT for the first time and it was fantastic, that's probably the best TNT I've seen so far.

Yeah I watched it like two weeks ago, it's seriously underrated as Giant Bomb content as far as I'm concerned. It's just sublime watching the shit that goes on in that video.

Final Fantasy VII fans are going to be crazier, just wait. Shenmue fans at least seem to understand that the game will probably be super small and they're lucky it exists in any capacity. Expectations for the FF remake are going to be astronomical. Square doesn't stand a chance.

What happened with shemnue fans?

as far as I can tell, reality is setting in, and the responses are about what you'd expect

Final Fantasy VII fans are going to be crazier, just wait. Shenmue fans at least seem to understand that the game will probably be super small and they're lucky it exists in any capacity. Expectations for the FF remake are going to be astronomical. Square doesn't stand a chance.

oh yeah for sure. there is literally no direction they can take with it that won't piss off a significant portion of the people looking forward to it. no matter how good it is.

e: lol

Y64EjAH.jpg

No_Style

The Kickstarter has stagnated a bit, which is entirely normal for a Kickstarter, so some Shenmue fans seem to be getting a bit desperate. Talk about trying to spam PewDiePie, Angry Joe etc. on Twitter to try to get them to "promote" it etc.

I don't get it. The Venn Diagram between Shenmue fans and PewDiePie audience is two distinct circles in my mind. Are they hoping that there are die hard Shenmue fans who watch Youtube gaming channels that haven't heard about this? It's a head scratcher.

Myggen

I don't get it. The Venn Diagram between Shenmue fans and PewDiePie audience is two distinct circles in my mind. Are they hoping that there are die hard Shenmue fans who watch Youtube gaming channels that haven't heard about this? It's a head scratcher.

Probably true, but with the amount of subscribers and followers PewDiePie has, something from him will probably always push the needle at least a little bit.

Yu Suzuki's announcement yesterday that he expects the Kickstarter to provide most of the funds and him saying he'll need $10m to create a true open world game is probably why some people are getting a bit desperate. It indicates that Sony isn't getting behind this in a major way, which makes sense given that they let the game go to Kickstarter in the first place. It'll probably hit close to $10m anyway.

popo

Hold up.

Are you suggesting our Dan Ryckert is not a connoisseur who knows the intricacies and nuance of a fine champagne?

For shame.

I imagine the kind of fizz they give way at a bar is similar to the kind you buy at the strip club. Two dollars a bottle and 10000% markup.

I can't tell the difference between $10 champagne and $100

Neither can the strippers.

Most people can't, they just wouldn't admit it.

It depends how cheap it is.

$10 is a kind of sweet spot. Like a lot of people will not be able to pick between $10 and $100 bottles, but most can tell the difference between $2 and $10 bottles. It is the "buy the second cheapest bottle of wine on the menu" strategy.

Myggen

You'll see. YOU'LL ALL SEE.

I just doubled my donation to spite you.

I wouldn't be surprised if it hits $10m unless it totally stagnates for some reason, which Kickstarters rarely do. Anything close to $10m doesn't sound like a lot of money for a game like that, but I guess they're not exactly aiming for The Witcher 3-like graphics.

Finally watched day 3, holy shit was that last segment ether. Def the best night show, Adam with the inside baseball regarding the Sony conference, cowboy being awesome like usual, Lorne lannines awesome vr commentary, rami scary the bejesus out of drake.

I imagine the kind of fizz they give way at a bar is similar to the kind you buy at the strip club. Two dollars a bottle and 10000% markup.

Neither can the strippers.

It depends how cheap it is.

$10 is a kind of sweet spot. Like a lot of people will not be able to pick between $10 and $100 bottles, but most can tell the difference between $2 and $10 bottles. It is the "buy the second cheapest bottle of wine on the menu" strategy.

I found the campaign guy!

I remember him talking about pretty much having a fight club with his friends. Jason is clearly the secret toughest duder.
No secret about lol, iirc he has a martial arts background as well, with Dan trying to get him to come muay Thai with him but then realizing sparring with Jason would be a bad idea

Finally watched day 3, holy shit was that last segment ether. Def the best night show, Adam with the inside baseball regarding the Sony conference, cowboy being awesome like usual, Lorne lannines awesome vr commentary, rami scary the bejesus out of drake.

Right? Just some really great content in addition to the absurdity.

I'm excited about how everyone is buzzing about VR coming out of E3, even those who were generally skeptical. It's really happening!

Is Valve supposed to have an event this year before the Vive comes out? Seems odd that they would have zero presence at E3 when their headset is coming out first.

Myggen

Right? Just some really great content in addition to the absurdity.

I'm excited about how everyone is buzzing about VR coming out of E3, even those who were generally skeptical. It's really happening!

Is Valve supposed to have an event this year before the Vive comes out? Seems odd that they would have zero presence at E3 when their headset is coming out first.

I don't think they've announced anything, but I would imagine they'll have a big event before release. It wouldn't make sense for them not to have something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom