• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He messed up describing Robotech, and that makes me mad, because I feel I should never know more about Anime then someone who claims to like it. I'm not anime!

didn't he just say it was Macross but chopped up and re-edited? I mean, that's true, even if it's just part of the truth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
monster factory is really good and i regret not watching it earlier.

im kind of surprised the mcelroys dont try to get that twitch/youtube money.

christ, apart from GB, I don't really subscribe or patreon or whatever anything games-wise, but if those two struck out and did their own thing, you bet I'd kick them a few bucks

maybe they like Polygon, I dunno. I wish I could support them without supporting Polygon? is that kind of bitchy of me?

Oh, God. I'm anime.

welcome

He messed up describing Robotech, and that makes me mad, because I feel I should never know more about Anime then someone who claims to like it. I'm not anime!

Anime is unlimited. Therefore, anime is not limited to just anime. Anime is able to be people. We are all anime.

Oh, God. I'm anime.

daydream

Banned

shame it's edited gameplay (hate that) and games i've gotten tired of seeing (skyrim, souls, fallout and the likes)

they should do a playthrough of a holmes game instead

didn't he just say it was Macross but chopped up and re-edited? I mean, that's true, even if it's just part of the truth

In the grand scheme of things he presented the correct general description, but when Vinny was looking for clarification he messed up some stuff.

I am not anime fyi.

tumblr_mapsk01l7m1qm07f4o1_r1_500.gif

danm999

I think it's all but official that beastcast > bombcast right now

it might even be official

For me at least, yeah. To go from Alex's comments about the suicide line to the discussion of public funding in video games shows how much that show is knocking it out of the park.

Myggen

This is a weird question, but I've been wondering for a while. I often see Americans terrified of other people revealing their home address, or when they were driving to pick up Danny on The Big E3 2015 Drive people in this thread were freaking out about them not revealing his home address. How public is that stuff in the States? Does it vary from state to state?

Here in Norway you can find pretty much everyone's home address by searching their name in publicly available databases (www.gulesider.no, www.1881.no). Some exceptions for public figures etc. obviously.

This is a weird question, but I've been wondering for a while. I often see Americans terrified of other people revealing their home address, or when they were driving to pick up Danny on The Big E3 2015 Drive people in this thread were freaking out about them not revealing his home address. How public is that stuff in the States? Does it vary from state to state?

Here in Norway you can find pretty much everyone's home address by searching their name in publicly available databases. Some exceptions for public figures etc. obviously.

There is no publicly available database of addresses in the US. The closest thing would be the phonebook but you can choose to be unlisted and it is increasingly irrelevant since landlines are dying quickly.

Here in Norway you can find pretty much everyone's home address by searching their name in publicly available databases (www.gulesider.no, www.1881.no). Some exceptions for public figures etc. obviously.

Here in 'MURICAH we have the freedom of privacy. We don't want no weirdos knowing where we live.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

For most people it's not an issue. With the death threats and other harassment stuff happening, it's scary for internet personalities.

Myggen

Nice!

For most people it's not an issue. With the death threats and other harassment stuff happening, it's scary for internet personalities.

Yeah, obviously I get why some people maybe don't want their address out there. But here in Norway you wouldn't really have a choice most of the time, people would've been able to just search "Danny O'Dwyer" in a database and get his address. So it wouldn't have mattered if they revealed where he lived in a stream. When that's not the case in the States I see why people are more protective.

Jeff has talked about times at Gamespot where he was getting email threats from people who had sussed out his home address and such.

Edit: what Zaph said

Edit: or not, fuck it man I dunno

Myggen

There's also Swatting for livestreamers to be worried about.

That's pretty easy to do without knowing the person's address, I believe. It should be enough to know in which city a person lives and use the person's name. IIRC that's what 8chan did the times they didn't have the person's address.

Not that I'm aware, no. But our crime rate can't really be compared to the US crime rate, so I dunno.

You guys also don't have the population nor size of the USA. Like mentioned above, Swatters can call from anywhere in the country, while in Norway...if someone called they'd probably know where the call came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom